UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

‡ THE BEST BARD TEMPLATE ‡

What is in your opinion the best Bard template?

• Standard Mage/Bard Template

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Bard/Mage Template

• Bard/Mage/Heal Template

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bard/Hiding/Heal Template

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Bard/Dexer/Heal Template (wep skill,tacs,ana,heal,peace,provo,music)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moodie

Sorceror
‡ THE BEST BARD TEMPLATE ‡

Hi there,
I thought about a way to earn money by killing mass monsters.
I chose the Bard.

My aim is to kill as many monsters as possible in a safe and quick way,
so I created different skill templates:

1. Standard Mage/Bard Template

GM Magery
GM Eval
GM Medi
GM Resist
GM Music
GM Provo
GM Peace

with

100 str
100 int
25 dex

--

I played with this template a couple of years ago and it was almost boring.
I provoked a lot of dragons and was running all the time. Beside that I healed myself with Magery too many times, so I lost additionally mass regs.

2. Bard/Mage Template (no resist)

GM Magery
GM Eval
GM Medi
GM Music
GM Provo
GM Peace
GM Hiding

with

100 str
100 int
25 dex

--

I used this template for one time on a test shard. It was better than the standard template because now I was able to hide without Magery. While the dragons were fighting each other, I was playing poker with my friend ^^

3. Bard/Mage/Heal Template

GM Magery
GM Medi
GM Ana
GM Heal
GM Music
GM Provo
GM Hiding

with

100 str
100 int
25 dex

--

Very interesting template. I never tested that but my friend was addicted to it and it makes definitely more fun than the first two templates. I never used Magery to kill monsters, because it was unnecessary. I just used it for recall, gating, healing and hiding^^ The only thing is, that we don't have Resisting Spells. Everyone told me it is necessary to have Resist but my friend proved the opposite ;-)

4. Bard/Hiding/Heal Template

GM Magery
GM Ana
GM Heal
GM Music
GM Provo
GM Hiding
GM Stealth

with

100 str
100 int
25 dex

--

I don't know if this template works well but it seems to be one of the best ideas I've ever seen (besides the Bard/Mage/Heal Template). It is quite the same template like the third one but here we have "Stealth" instead of Meditation.
A good Player, who knows how to play a Bard, wouldn't have any problem with this. As a money-maker-fun-Bard it would be in my opinion the best template. I don't need to heal myself with Magery, because of Ana and Healing. Only if you get poisened it would be better to cure with Magery^^. I can provoke and I don't need discordance and/or peacemaking, I think Hiding and Stealth would be more useful. You can easily leave and walk through all Dungeons without any big risks. You can easily escape when PKer noobs try to kill you. (-> Heal with bandage -> run 1/2 screen away make a turn and hide -> stealth and walk away [it worked often with my thief :)] ).

Result: The second best Bard-Template is "Bard/Mage/Heal Template" and the first best is "Bard/Hiding/Heal Template".

Re: ‡ THE BEST BARD TEMPLATE ‡

ive got a char with

mage
resist
eval
wrestling
med
music
peace

its fun to go own tamers who go grey from stealing loot, aslo fun to peace theyre animals and let the spawn kill em!

hivajisa

Wanderer

why magery its fucking stupid to hunt with magery waste of money cause of regs
any wep skill
tacs
ana
peaceing
provoke
music
30 magery
70 healing
or drop provoke and have 30 magery gm healing and 70 hideing or 70 of another skill
stats 100 str and dex 25 magery

i havent used half skills since OSI.....70heal 30mage ect..

i actually made this char for pvp......tamer pvp.....
2D/e. used to call in 12 or 40 tamers when they would be in a confrontation so i got mad one day and made this char, and it has been pretty fun......

Monoxide

Sorceror

Punkers Slave said:
Peace/tamer with provoke.
Are you sacrificing veterinary?

I have magery, meditation, music, peace, taming, animal lore, and vet. If I fail to peace I'll cast invis, if I need to I'll hop off my eth and get on my kirin or nightmare and ride off.

moodie

Sorceror

Monoxide said:

I have magery, meditation, music, peace, taming, animal lore, and vet. If I fail to peace I'll cast invis, if I need to I'll hop off my eth and get on my kirin or nightmare and ride off.

Hmm, so much work.... ^^
Relaxing is better :p

I thought I would post in this thread since it kinda pertained to the same thing.

I am building a char and was wondering if anyone would have any input on it?

Music
Provo
Peace
Anat
Tact
Swords
70 Heal
30 Mage

Monoxide said:

Yeah, I sacrafice vet. I start with an all kill, then provoke onto the target. After that it's just a quick all follow me and I wait. If things get a little uncomfortable I para targets and invis pets or myself, depending on the situation of course, then back off and heal as necessary.