UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

1 Faction Player per IP logged in?

1 Factioner per IP?

• Yes

Votes: 120 59.7%
  • No

Votes: 81 40.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
1 Faction Player per IP logged in?

Just want to get an idea how the playerbase feels on this:

Idea:

You should only be permitted to have one faction character logged in at a time based on IP.

Pro's:

Cut's down on gimpness of having 4 characters logged in to do your bidding/spying.

Con's:

Screws people who play from one central location

Note: at no time did I say I was going to do this, it's just something thats been brought up from time to time.

Thoughts?

Megumi

Wanderer
Re: 1 Faction Player per IP logged in?

I can see the benefits of this but i don't think it's a viable idea. I like having a TB to log on if there's a hundred Minax on and visa versa. Too bad it works both ways.

Valentino

Sorceror

emulate UO like it used to be as best you can....try it out.

it wasn't one factioner per IP on OSI, but most people had only one account.

Valentino

Sorceror

DementedJester said:
I can see the benefits of this but i don't think it's a viable idea. I like having a TB to log on if there's a hundred Minax on and visa versa. Too bad it works both ways.

learn to read. you can do that. 1 factioner per IP LOGGED IN at any given time.

Megumi

Wanderer

Valentino said:
learn to read. you can do that. 1 factioner per IP LOGGED IN at any given time.

I like being able to log on an alt to res msyelf or res my pet, my point still stands.

Also, please stop flaming the announcements forum.

Romey

Sorceror

yes, ppl wont be able to kill their own chars for meaningless points, no more bot ganks and ppl not reappearing on an alt 2 secs after they die. if u need rez then u can just gate yourself to a shrine. it wouldnt hurt to try it for awhile anyway and see how it goes. i still think 1 faction char per ip would be even better though.

i vote yes!

Elphen

Sorceror

I voted no based on the fact that my husband and I are networked together at home and share an IP

Sigler

Sorceror

Oops... i thought the above post was the first post.. lol
voted no for the reason as the above person

Zigo-U-

Wanderer

This would acctually be a step towards resurrecting what factions was on OSI. Here its just C / O with a point system. on OSI players were entirly concerned with the status of the one faction they were a part of and the focus was on capturing the sigils, not getting a high score. Allowing players to cross faction as they please entirly liquidizes the value of the faction system.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

Zigo-U- said:
This would acctually be a step towards resurrecting what factions was on OSI. Here its just C / O with a point system. on OSI players were entirly concerned with the status of the one faction they were a part of and the focus was on capturing the sigils, not getting a high score. Allowing players to cross faction as they please entirly liquidizes the value of the faction system.

COMPLETELY AGREED.

Impressive.

Steve Zissou

Sorceror

It sounds like a really good idea except for people who share and IP address, thats just kinda unfair. Is it possible to set certain IPs to allow mulitples on at a time if they can prove it?

Zigo-U-

Wanderer

Steve Zissou said:
It sounds like a really good idea except for people who share and IP address, thats just kinda unfair. Is it possible to set certain IPs to allow mulitples on at a time if they can prove it?

IPY used to block players from having multiple clients logged in on the same IP. They also had instructions on a post which would allow you to prove to them you had multiple computers on the same IP and would then allow you 2-5 client slots.

Flipper

Knight

I'm only afraid because I know ICQ and I share an IP at times, or at least have, due to him being on Comcast and me being on Comcast. I know my nigga Daz is on Comcast too, and he lives even closer.

Flipper-hybrid said:
I'm only afraid because I know ICQ and I share an IP at times, or at least have, due to him being on Comcast and me being on Comcast. I know my nigga Daz is on Comcast too, and he lives even closer.

I, too, am on Comcast.

svensk

Sorceror

Well I guess its a nice idea but since KRRIOS will still be able and "allowed" to use his 100 bots I don't think it will really have an effect on anyone .. thx

Status
Not open for further replies.