UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

50-100 Magery in hours

Drull-demise

Wanderer
50-100 Magery in hours

This guide is very simple, and will get you from 50.0 to 100.0 magery in litterly no time. I used this to GM magery today, and it couldn't be easier.

All you need is a spellbook (with invisibility), a spell channeling mage weapon (see image below for an example) and reg's. All you need is bloodmoss & nightshade. (BTW Lower Regant Cost items = huge bonus!) Read on.

The weapon must have these properties. They arn't that hard to find, so pick one up asap.

First things first. If you don't use Razor, don't bother reading the rest of this. It requires a very simple razor macro. See below.

Create a macro like such, except one thing. "Wait for mana >= ##"

Where "##" is, put a number. Put it 1 below your int.

So if your int is 36, put 35. (This will cause razor to wait for you to get GREATER THAN 35 mana, in this case 36 (your full mana), and run the macro again)

From 50 to 93 Magery, cast WITHOUT holding the weapon. After 93, equip it and cast.

Thanks to Arkanis
If you're under 50 magery, cast lightning until 50. From there, invis will work all the way

Just leave this macro running, with a plentifull supply of bloodmoss and nightshade, and you'll GM it faster than you can say omfg newbs.

About LRC items and the huge bonus.. The more LRC items you can get, the better. I GM'd magery with 70% LRC, and it cost about 450 bloodmoss & nightshade. How cool is that?

(note. This will also GM your meditation, little side bonus there)

-Drull

Heres a tip...

It is well known that once you have capped your skill, for stat setting purposes or any other purpose, gaining skill is slower then if you had not capped... ie 700.0 total skill and you're wanting to train magery from 50 to 100.0, it will take considerably more time to GM as it would if you had say, 500.0 total skill. So to avoid the price increase involved, determine what characters you are going to have magery on BEFORE you train stats..

And a theory on my part..

Say you have aquired a "Mage & Spell Channeling Weapon" such as the one demonstrated in this tutorial. If you train from 53 (anywhere before 53 magery skill and invis just fizzled, no gain.. for me atleast) to 81 skill, then equip the -28 mage weapon, you will be back down to 53 magery skill right? Well it SEEMS like it may gain a bit faster since you are lower in skill as opposed to gaining at (93 - 28) 65 magery. This could save a little gold... you would then train (with the mage weapon equipped {Equipped Weapon, Mage Skill = 53, Unequiped Weapon, Mage Skill = 81}) from 53 to 72, unequip and gm mage. Just some math that some may use.. and a little bit of info that may save a few k.

Have fun!
Aronyc

Exithios

Wanderer
Re: 50-100 Magery in hours

All you need is a spellbook (with invisibility), a spell channeling mage weapon (see image below for an example) and reg's. All you need is bloodmoss & nightshade. (BTW Lower Regant Cost items = huge bonus!) Read on.

I spent several hours setting up and learning how to use razor just to figure out that I dont have this invisibility spell nor do I know where to get it, as well as one of those mage weapons... any help here would be appreciated.

Cjdawg1069

Wanderer

Exithios said:
I spent several hours setting up and learning how to use razor just to figure out that I dont have this invisibility spell nor do I know where to get it, as well as one of those mage weapons... any help here would be appreciated.

If you can acquire about 10k you can buy a full scroll book from a player vendor through the luna moongates everyone makes.

Drull-demise said:
Just leave this macro running, with a plentifull supply of bloodmoss and nightshade, and you'll GM it faster than you can say omfg newbs.

The regents decrease the time needed to GM but for sake of saving money, for anyone that doesn't have the extra money, you don't need to hold regents on you. When you cast the spell and your lrc% doesn't accomodate it will just say you don't have regents, when it does you will cast it. Therefore, 70% as Drull used will GM you quickly without regents. I used about 50% and just let it macro myself.

Trenominal

Wanderer

I have a question that might be on other people's minds.
It's not entirely simple to find a SC/Mage weapon, especially if you are low on funds after buying your LRC. Sure, many people are extremely rich, but people like me aren't.

What's the best way to gain from 93-100 without SC/Mage weapon OR faction skill loss?

93-98.3 I have found Mana Vampire, slow, but consistent. Of course, This will be expensive without LRC :)

Mynx

Wanderer

If you can acquire about 10k you can buy a full scroll book from a player vendor through the luna moongates everyone makes.
I bought mine for 5k ^^ and was the average price tbh

spent several hours setting up and learning how to use razor just to figure out that I dont have this invisibility spell nor do I know where to get it, as well as one of those mage weapons... any help here would be appreciated.
i can make you one my friend, i could also make you a full book if you like :) pm me if interested :)

Also, i would like to say it took me an hour to get gm eval, just make a macro in uo for use skill - eval > last target and then loop it. then find a blue npc. hold alt and click the npc (to make you follow) then let the macro loop come back in a hour or so and u should be gm, also if you want music ect, write it in razor and you can get high 70's in music as a boost. or go over the top and mix all of them to get 4xgm skills in a couple of hours \o/

Mynx

[Drakull]

Knight

Mynx;256008 said:
I bought mine for 5k ^^ and was the average price tbh
And maybe you didn't noticed that you are replying to a comment from december....

Slave-

Sorceror

Magic reflect from 50 to about 70 works really well for me, then do the invis to 75 then slap on a SC mage weapon and you should be done really fast

Lia The Girl

Wanderer

I'm about to train magery, but since this thread is like uberold the screenies don't load anymore. Anyone care to either repost them or explain what kind of macro I need to make? (if they know, offcourse).

jrhather

Wanderer

Lia The Girl;283016 said:
I'm about to train magery, but since this thread is like uberold the screenies don't load anymore. Anyone care to either repost them or explain what kind of macro I need to make? (if they know, offcourse).

Get yourself an LRC suit. 100% or as close as possible. It could cost you some cash, but money is easy to come by. Just hunt solensa in the trammel dungeon to avoid PK's.

Once you have the LRC suit record your macro to cast whichever spell you need for your level of skill.
0-30 buy it from a mage in luna or any other town.
30+ Bless yourself, cast walls every 10 seconds, hit yourself with a fireball and heal for resistance gains.
40+ Curse yourself. use this for both magery and resistance gains. I got to 70 magery AND resist with this alone.
70+ Mana Vampire yourself. Will gm both magery and resist.
100-120 either use the faction trick or hunt with daemons and ev's.

do the same thing with Necromancy. cast whats needed for your skill level.

IMPORTANT: when making a macro that targets you, keep it very simple. razor is easy to confuse. so just record yourself casting it once, then stop and remove the 'wait for target' Makes life so much easier as razor will then cast as fast as possible and target as fast as possible.

Lia The Girl

Wanderer

Nice, thanks jrhather. I have a 100% LRC suit from a friend and I don't need resist.
Will try this method when I have the chance too.

jrhather

Wanderer

I just set my macro and go to bed. i'm doing something similar for lockpicking. :D

Have fun.

StrickNine

Wanderer

I would like to make it so razor casts until im out of mana, waits for it to refill completely, then do it again. How do I go about doing that?

Jrudrow

Wanderer

If [Mana] [<] [(mana of spell]
Use skill Meditation
Else
Cast spell
Wait (change times depending on spells...._
Absolute Target
End IF

Jrudrow

Wanderer

Couldn't edit for some reason...

Code:
!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|1|1|40
Assistant.Macros.ExtCastSpellAction|52|4294967295
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:03.5000000
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1083901649|89|105|0|7956
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|46
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:11

talshar

Wanderer

Here is a macro for using Invis for magery gains. Go to your Razor Macros folder, create a new txt file, copy/paste this code and save as something like Invisiblity.macro
You also need to have Stop Current Macro hotket assigned. I set mine to alt-3.
This macro will loop until your Bloodmoss reaches 4 then stops automatically. You could get creative by editing code to perform a restock action.
I used Invis from around 52 using this method and at time of this writing am at 83.5 and used only 410 of each reg while wearing 80 lrc.

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.ExtCastSpellAction|44|4294967295
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1059|
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:05
Assistant.Macros.WaitForStatAction|1|1|90|3600
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|50|0|4|Blood Moss
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1083|
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction