UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

6 Champion Spawn Locations and Updates

katie

Sorceror
Re: 6 Champion Spawn Locations and Updates

Thank you for putting in the Champ spawns.

After finishing one and looking at the end loot I would like to make a suggestion. In loot from the end boss we recieved about 7 weapons, 1 force the rest were might. :[ Yes a lot of gold dropped but why can't a chance of a special item drop on the end boss be put in. Heck even something as little as a Runic Sewing Kit. Anything just something to make the event different and add flavor to it.

Lorthic;1660120 said:
You are a very ignorant person to nitpick something so small.

Dude, let amish ned stick up for himself. You would do the same thing to me, if i were to spell a word wrong. You gotta stop being so negative. Think of it this way, he might have known the proper way to spell it. You should be thanking me, cum guzzler

Trader Joe's

Wanderer

katie;1662905 said:
Thank you for putting in the Champ spawns.

After finishing one and looking at the end loot I would like to make a suggestion. In loot from the end boss we recieved about 7 weapons, 1 force the rest were might. :[ Yes a lot of gold dropped but why can't a chance of a special item drop on the end boss be put in. Heck even something as little as a Runic Sewing Kit. Anything just something to make the event different and add flavor to it.

Hunting down the boss does come with a special item - a colored skull. Different champion gives different color. You can keep this skull as decoration to show everyone that your group has successfully done with hunt, or you can collect all six of them to summon hallower. I have never finished any harrower on this server so I don't know what it gives.

katie

Sorceror

Trader Joe's;1663126 said:
Hunting down the boss does come with a special item - a colored skull. Different champion gives different color. You can keep this skull as decoration to show everyone that your group has successfully done with hunt, or you can collect all six of them to summon hallower. I have never finished any harrower on this server so I don't know what it gives.

I agree on a skull drops. But once I have this skull why do I want to do the same Champ Spawn since all I will get would be the same Skull? Putting some other special random drop in would eliminate this problem.

we did a champ last night had tons of fun plus walked out with alot of gold/items

i have checked a few of the spawns and haven't seen anyone there. i was wondering if someone could direct me to a guild thats likes to run champ spawns regularly.

Trader Joe's

Wanderer

Champion is not like normal hunting. Most of the time you won't see ppl there. But once you see them, they'll probably stay there for a while.

You receive more loots by fighting stronger champion. Profits from hunting rat champ is relatively low becoz it's easy. Hunting the last level of Lord Oak is totally another story as every monster yields like 2k and magic items.

Here is the order, from weakest to strongest (only our group's suggestion)

Barracoon - Humanoid (hardest monster - rat mage lv3)
Neira - (hardest monster - rotting corpse lv4)
Rikktor - (hardest monster -Ophidian lv3/Dragon lv4)
Mephitis - (hardest monster - Terathan Matriarch lv3/Poison Elemental lv4/Terathan Avenger lv4)
Semidar - (hardest monster - Imp lv1/Fiery gargoyle lv3/Succubus lv4)
Lord Oak - (hardest monster - Ethereal Warrior lv4/Serpentine Dragon lv4)

Trader Joe's;1663783 said:
Champion is not like normal hunting. Most of the time you won't see ppl there. But once you see them, they'll probably stay there for a while.

You receive more loots by fighting stronger champion. Profits from hunting rat champ is relatively low becoz it's easy. Hunting the last level of Lord Oak is totally another story as every monster yields like 2k and magic items.

Here is the order, from weakest to strongest (only our group's suggestion)

Barracoon - Humanoid (hardest monster - rat mage lv3)
Neira - (hardest monster - rotting corpse lv4)
Rikktor - (hardest monster -Ophidian lv3/Dragon lv4)
Mephitis - (hardest monster - Terathan Matriarch lv3/Poison Elemental lv4/Terathan Avenger lv4)
Semidar - (hardest monster - Imp lv1/Fiery gargoyle lv3/Succubus lv4)
Lord Oak - (hardest monster - Ethereal Warrior lv4/Serpentine Dragon lv4)

i think the hardest monsters for rikktor are the snakes on lvl 1. They poisen gank and you cant see em.

Trader Joe's

Wanderer

DragonSlayer69r;1664114 said:
i think the hardest monsters for rikktor are the snakes on lvl 1. They poisen gank and you cant see em.

Press and hold Ctrl+Shift then you'll see their names.

DragonSlayer69r;1664114 said:

nah its gota be the orphidan shamans and drakes the dragons and errants usally go alot faster then the drakes/shamans

lvl one is easy get off ur mare and say all guard me and start casting blade spirits problem takein care of

CodeMonkey

Wanderer

Trader Joe's;1664143 said:
Press and hold Ctrl+Shift then you'll see their names.

Wow... I've played on and off since UO:R and I never knew about this...

This is amazing! Cheers.

BTW, I'm interested in doing spawns once my tamer is done. I was thinking about making a peace tamer, but someone recommended a provo tamer. Any thoughts? It seems like a peace tamer would prove to be useful for a champ spawn as well.

CodeMonkey;1665777 said:
Wow... I've played on and off since UO:R and I never knew about this...

This is amazing! Cheers.

BTW, I'm interested in doing spawns once my tamer is done. I was thinking about making a peace tamer, but someone recommended a provo tamer. Any thoughts? It seems like a peace tamer would prove to be useful for a champ spawn as well.

as Trader Joe's stated provocation tamers are more pratical. Even though at lower levels peacemaking can keep masses of lesser spawn from ganging up on you, during the harder levels of spawn (like dragons from rikkator or poison elementals from Mephitis) it is far easier to provoke monsters off your pet as appose to trying to keep everything around you peaced. Chances are with peacing you wont be able to keep ALL spawn around your pet peaced (because 1) there is alot, and 2) high chance of failure with difficult spawn) which will result in a dead pet. But with provocation its much easier because 1) when provoking you are affecting two monsters at once 2) the monsters will kill each other, freeing your pet for protecting you.

Trader Joe's

Wanderer

vermillion2083;1667775 said:
as Trader Joe's stated provocation tamers are more pratical. Even though at lower levels peacemaking can keep masses of lesser spawn from ganging up on you, during the harder levels of spawn (like dragons from rikkator or poison elementals from Mephitis) it is far easier to provoke monsters off your pet as appose to trying to keep everything around you peaced. Chances are with peacing you wont be able to keep ALL spawn around your pet peaced (because 1) there is alot, and 2) high chance of failure with difficult spawn) which will result in a dead pet. But with provocation its much easier because 1) when provoking you are affecting two monsters at once 2) the monsters will kill each other, freeing your pet for protecting you.

Totally agree with you. Please allow me to add one more point here.
There's a disadvantage using peacemaking in champion hunt. Most of the time fighting champ you need to lure monsters towards you to avoid the whole troop of monsters dumping on your team. If you peace and attack a monster which is close to the altar, your pet will be pulled into it becoz of too many spawn attacking it at a time. No matter you can manage to pull back your pets or not, there might be a chain of spawn following them which could attack you anytime.

only thing that sucks is the time it takes to reset after u kill the champ isnt that long so if u leave the champ right at the altar u got grab the gold as fast as u can befor it restarts and u get owned by imps