UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A Comprehensive Guide to Skills and Skill Gain

Slann

Wanderer
Re: A Comprehensive Guide to Skills and Skill Gain

Hi, i have a question. It cares if i have high intelligence without skill magic?

ive been grinding out scribing the last few days with modest gain (maybe 3pts a day). Ive used both templates for gains and I am under 400. Any ideas?

mano157

Sorceror

Slann;2018549 said:
Hi, i have a question. It cares if i have high intelligence without skill magic?

No. High intelligence is high mana, and if you have no magery you don't need mana.

RAKninja

Page

Trestilor-UOG;2024217 said:
ive been grinding out scribing the last few days with modest gain (maybe 3pts a day). Ive used both templates for gains and I am under 400. Any ideas?

buy 10k each reg.

buy 500+ scrolls. remember they weigh a lot in bulk. then buy a hundred or so scribing pens.

set up a restock agent for regs, one for scrolls, and one for pens, then construct a scribing macro. remember you wont be able to restock scrolls by count, i use weight instead (restock if weight < your weight with 0 scrolls, full regs. restock pens on system message (either "no item found" message or "that must be in your pack" i dont know which pops up as i usually base my own scribing time on the number of pens i buy)

it's going to take a while because of the time it takes to regain mana. you'll want to at least semi-attend it because as it's usually such a long complex macro you'll want to notice if/when it fucks up.

Mephiso Krom

Wanderer

ShattStar03;757897 said:
Has anyone figured out a way to macro poisoning?

This is what I have been using. Being GM Heals/Anat helps a lot haven't killed myself yet. First bandage is to cure and 2nd is to bring to full health. Still on greater poison now, will probably add a wait until health is over 90 condition when I move on to DP. It's been a slow road I am at 79.5 Alchemy and 83 Poisoning and I have been getting about 1 to 1.5 points of gains in each skill off about 800-1,000 Nightshade.

Attachments

• Macro3.jpg
    Macro3.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 168

sunfiregt

Wanderer

Hey! Haven't been on these boards in a while.. just re-downloaded UO and was thinking about getting back to it :laugh:

Im glad to see this skills guide is still relevant.. maybe that means I can still use it myself.. Hehe..

Sup yall!!!

Stoltz

Sorceror

sunfiregt;2093795 said:
Hey! Haven't been on these boards in a while.. just re-downloaded UO and was thinking about getting back to it :laugh:

Im glad to see this skills guide is still relevant.. maybe that means I can still use it myself.. Hehe..

Sup yall!!!

Wooohoo!

Again: Great guide man!! And welcome back.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008

sunfiregt;2093795 said:

Sup yall!!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Steven2007

Sorceror

sunfiregt;2093795 said:

Sup yall!!!

Welcome back man. Great guide. I use it several times a week.

Kenny Powers

Sorceror

i dont know if this has been brougth up but the poisoning being hard to raise after 99 is nto tru at all.

Ta2dmarine

Wanderer

Blacksmith, tailor, carpentry, and tinkering are horribly wrong unless you're brand new and don't have any alts capable of gathering or buying items for you.

Pretty much, do any item that is just above your skill and around 50%+ probability. Blacksmithy is an exception, where you need to be trying items in the 33%+ area, and you get decent gains.

If you're macroing, watch to see if you stop gaining. Check the gump and see if there is a lower probability item that consumes around the same amount of materials; start using that.

I really screwed up recently with my carpenter and didn't pick up tailoring. He was 7x so I had to drop a skill and macro the shit out of it. Switching between cloth items and leather high boots I got it 40ish, then went to cloaks till 50 and then female items until 54ish. Then just macro'd the shit out of leather items unitl GM, switching between which items had the lowest probability. Took a couple hours, but nothing near what it'd take with this guide.

Also, I'd like to say that I'm not knocking this guide. I remember using it when I first started, but I'm just saying that there are easier ways for a lot of this if you're decently set up.

Sorceror

yeah i have made a lot of tailors and this guide is pretty close to perfect for making them...