UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A few inconsistancies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ni'kard

Wanderer
There is nothing in this game that competes with the loot of Miasma. I have been here 4 days, finished my first character in two days, and spent the other two days trying to find a way to make money. Miasma loot is absolutely insane, in addition the chance of minor arties and set pieces, high gold values and EASY to kill. This is made obvious by MASSIVE overcrowding there.

Why? There is no other way to make money on this server than afk farming small amounts of gold.

Monster AI is completely erratic and I have noticed in many cases that it makes the most simple peerless encounters terrible. Allied mage pets randomly invis themselves and then the boss instantly acquires a new target and one-hits you? Which brings me to the next part of this, I dont remember a time in history EVER, where greater dragons would be able to INSTANTLY lock you and fireball you from offscreen. Nor do I remember when they could teleport punch fireball combo you like some kind of dragonball z move. If this was supposed to make it harder to tame them, than well done. But if it wasnt intentional, well this is cancer is to play against, i wont be taming another dragon after that one.

Quests for items/gold? Absolutely shit. I tried around 4 of the top end quests, they all yielded 5 items with 1-2 mods that were around 20% intensity.

Side tangent : I noticed some of the creature spawns are not consistant with osi, is this intentional? If it isnt then Ill make another post about which ones for you to fix.

Back to topic, there is no other creature in the game short of a peerless that is on the same level as miasma, the ones that come close are SIGNIFICANTLY harder to get to or have major drawbacks, like taking FOREVER to kill or be surrounded by deadly ferocious teleporting monsters.

Small side tangent : Fixing the monster AI could be a real solution to this problem opening up a world of more places to farm, in additon of course to decreasing the value of miasma and increasing the value of other things, whether it be the time it takes to kill, the safety of killing, the raw loot kit ect.

A bug I discovered while writing this : If you take something from your bank and your bank closes, when you drop the item it goes straight to the ground instead of bouncing back to the bank, I just lost basically everything I made in the last 4 days because it was inconsistant with osi. Another player recognized that I was new and basically baited me into it with a stealther ready to sweep it off the ground on a script. Another player came by and explained to me how it happened so it wont happen again, but that is hazardous for new players for sure.

I have a little bit of uncertainty on this next part, I remember being able to solo a lady melisande on osi in around 12-15 minutes during this time period. With the introduction of fey slayer items , if memory served her hitpoints were buffed by a good amount to compensate. Is this lady mel still the buffed version? Feels very bad to do that peerless right now, that being said, it could just be that I am still using aweful items and getting the keys literally gives me cancer because of the monsters auto targeting me with calm and teleporting on me while trying to get them. Everything about that encounter could change if the AI felt better.

Along the same lines, I have noticed that mel's creature spawns within the encouter and the use of necromancy are inconsistant with osi. She doesnt use blood oath or animate dead AT ALL, which is good for me, although strange. I also cannot recall her using her SIGNATURE move that slows the cast and attackspeed of everything around her by 10000000%. Not once. Thank goodness my dragon likes to invis itself and send mel after me, otherwise it would have been too easy.

Sorry for the complete disorganization of this post, just wanted to point out some frustrations. Love the server, I will for sure be staying! Assuming of course that I can find a way to get started! Please give me more options for hunting!

Akka

Sorceror
Guile, Irk, Lady Lissith, Lady Sabrix, Silk, Spite and Swoop have same lootpacks as Miasma. Malefic, Virulent, Pyre and Rend have better. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bama

Bug Huntress
A bug I discovered while writing this : If you take something from your bank and your bank closes, when you drop the item it goes straight to the ground instead of bouncing back to the bank, I just lost basically everything I made in the last 4 days because it was inconsistant with osi. .

hmmmm

Dee Lynn Quint_2-7_06.16-1.jpg
Dee Lynn Quint_2-7_06.17.jpg Dee Lynn Quint_2-7_06.17-1.jpg

Ni'kard

Wanderer
Guile, Irk, Lady Lissith, Lady Sabrix, Silk, Spite and Swoop have same lootpacks as Miasma. Malefic, Virulent, Pyre and Rend have better. :)
I think you missed something I talked about..The significant difficulty difference those mobs, whether is based on the creature or the surroundings that make them COMPLETELY inferior to Miasma. Can you solo those? Yes, probably all of them. Can you fight Guile, Irk, Lady Lissith, Lady Sabrix, and Sprite all at the same time? I rather doubt it, they are all on the same screen or so and its essentially a cage match because you cant exactly run out thru the forced walk funnel. Along those same lines some of these just take forever to kill.

Going back to my original point, there is NO reason anyone would ever choose any of these over Miasma, people only go to these because Miasma gets overcrowded

Akka

Sorceror
i can easily farm Irk or Spite without luring anything else on my screen. They spawn just enough north west to be able to do this. Miasma is only that easy for sampires, and not everyone plays a sampire. As a tamer archer id much rather hunt in twisted weald than Miasma, with all the mortal and lethal spam he does.

MiNDless_bruu

Traveler
i can easily farm Irk or Spite without luring anything else on my screen. They spawn just enough north west to be able to do this. Miasma is only that easy for sampires, and not everyone plays a sampire. As a tamer archer id much rather hunt in twisted weald than Miasma, with all the mortal and lethal spam he does.

Miasma is also very easy to kill on an archer if you have a slayer bow. I can kill the lower HP miasma's in 5 hits and tank her.

JlM

Wanderer
There is nothing in this game that competes with the loot of Miasma. I have been here 4 days, finished my first character in two days, and spent the other two days trying to find a way to make money. Miasma loot is absolutely insane, in addition the chance of minor arties and set pieces, high gold values and EASY to kill. This is made obvious by MASSIVE overcrowding there.

Why? There is no other way to make money on this server than afk farming small amounts of gold.

Monster AI is completely erratic and I have noticed in many cases that it makes the most simple peerless encounters terrible. Allied mage pets randomly invis themselves and then the boss instantly acquires a new target and one-hits you? Which brings me to the next part of this, I dont remember a time in history EVER, where greater dragons would be able to INSTANTLY lock you and fireball you from offscreen. Nor do I remember when they could teleport punch fireball combo you like some kind of dragonball z move. If this was supposed to make it harder to tame them, than well done. But if it wasnt intentional, well this is cancer is to play against, i wont be taming another dragon after that one.

Quests for items/gold? Absolutely shit. I tried around 4 of the top end quests, they all yielded 5 items with 1-2 mods that were around 20% intensity.

Side tangent : I noticed some of the creature spawns are not consistant with osi, is this intentional? If it isnt then Ill make another post about which ones for you to fix.

Back to topic, there is no other creature in the game short of a peerless that is on the same level as miasma, the ones that come close are SIGNIFICANTLY harder to get to or have major drawbacks, like taking FOREVER to kill or be surrounded by deadly ferocious teleporting monsters.

Small side tangent : Fixing the monster AI could be a real solution to this problem opening up a world of more places to farm, in additon of course to decreasing the value of miasma and increasing the value of other things, whether it be the time it takes to kill, the safety of killing, the raw loot kit ect.

A bug I discovered while writing this : If you take something from your bank and your bank closes, when you drop the item it goes straight to the ground instead of bouncing back to the bank, I just lost basically everything I made in the last 4 days because it was inconsistant with osi. Another player recognized that I was new and basically baited me into it with a stealther ready to sweep it off the ground on a script. Another player came by and explained to me how it happened so it wont happen again, but that is hazardous for new players for sure.

I have a little bit of uncertainty on this next part, I remember being able to solo a lady melisande on osi in around 12-15 minutes during this time period. With the introduction of fey slayer items , if memory served her hitpoints were buffed by a good amount to compensate. Is this lady mel still the buffed version? Feels very bad to do that peerless right now, that being said, it could just be that I am still using aweful items and getting the keys literally gives me cancer because of the monsters auto targeting me with calm and teleporting on me while trying to get them. Everything about that encounter could change if the AI felt better.

Along the same lines, I have noticed that mel's creature spawns within the encouter and the use of necromancy are inconsistant with osi. She doesnt use blood oath or animate dead AT ALL, which is good for me, although strange. I also cannot recall her using her SIGNATURE move that slows the cast and attackspeed of everything around her by 10000000%. Not once. Thank goodness my dragon likes to invis itself and send mel after me, otherwise it would have been too easy.

Sorry for the complete disorganization of this post, just wanted to point out some frustrations. Love the server, I will for sure be staying! Assuming of course that I can find a way to get started! Please give me more options for hunting!

You had me on your side until you blamed another player for you dropping an item and then someone scavenging it, you know most people have checks set to scavenge automatically, along with rares.

Ni'kard

Wanderer
You had me on your side until you blamed another player for you dropping an item and then someone scavenging it, you know most people have checks set to scavenge automatically, along with rares.
I did not know that actually, I have never used scripts and I just started playing here so I was unaware that they were relied on so heavily here. I had to have someone explain to me what happened to understand it. Invalid targets drop things to your feet here instead of bouncing back to their original locations.

april0395

Sorceror
I believe it was changed because people were getting tons and tons more on their pack animals than 1600 stones by using the bounce method.

Ni'kard

Wanderer
My entire original post was made in a state of exhaustion and is an incoherent mess, can someone delete this thread for me? LOL I would like to actually remake it in a way that makes sense and can be replicated, the intent was to make suggestions and provide bug details and I do not feel like that mess accomplished anything. Also, is there a reason behind spawn locations for certain creatures being changed? I think a lot of what I am running into are things that were hotfixed due to scripting exploits.

Akka

Sorceror
Also, is there a reason behind spawn locations for certain creatures being changed? I think a lot of what I am running into are things that were hotfixed due to scripting exploits.
You just answered your own question, in the same sentence.

JusticeForAll.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.