UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A Few Issues/Questions

Hi, I know staff on Demise hates feedback and suggestions, but thought I would try again anyway:

1. Trapped dart boxes are 100% not era accurate. Fix this please.

2. Riding swipe is not era accurate or a working special at all.

3. Nerve strike is completely fucked. Damage is too low, stun too short. (they did change it on osi to be breakable at one point but the duration wasnt this short. You realize this special takes extra skill points to use?

4. Explosion potions should track, regular dexers are useless here. Again, 100% not era accurate.

5. Revert vamp form back to how it was or fix the other soulstone bugs. It is so hypocritical and thoughtless to change the minor one, but leave in the ones that fucking ruin pvp.

6. Players harrassing new players in trammel. This is just ridiculous that I should even have to bring this up, but we need someone around to answer pages for stuff like this. People know they can get away with anything because staff are never around.

Staff wants to follow Osi/broadsword down their path of failure, I say fix your server and make it better than theirs so you dont have the problems they do. Currently you have the same problems as you do on there but more. It is embarrassing considering you have the blueprint and an image of the future in front of you but still follow the stuff that ruined the game, and fuck up the stuff that makes it good.

I'm sure I'm a little off base, and staff doesn't care, but I thought I would bring these up anyway.

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
I know staff on Demise hates feedback and suggestions
staff are never around
staff doesn't care
That's a lot of bottled up anger there.

When you want something changed/fixed, I suggest not insulting the entity who will be making the changes. Y'know, it might help. (See any other report in this section for an example on how to supply constructive bug reports.)

Also, from the how-to sticky:
WHAT WILL GET IMPLEMENTED
There are many features on OSI that players do not like; however, this does not deter Demise from being as much like OSI as possible. We will try to not implement OSI bugs onto Demise; however, making that determination should solely be done by staff/administrators. Just because players do not like an OSI change or think they can code it to be better is no reason to do so. There are very few Demise specific changes that should occur and these are usually coded/tested by staff for staffing purposes.

Currently, Demise's OSI accuracy goal is to implement all publishes up to the last publish before the Stygian Abyss expansion.

How did I insult anyone? Okay maybe you care, but you guys are not around, and any time a suggestion or feedback gets made a player is met with a snarky comment or link from 5 years ago.

Pages never answered. Pms regarding last issue ignored/without response even though sent to every staff member on demise. Selene finally responded once after over two weeks of ongoing issues. Havnt heard from any of you since and the issue still persists.

Also why should determining if an implementation is a bug or not left solely up to staff? That seems extremely narrow-minded. From your own admission you guys have own lives and are not constantly on. Well why would your judgement be so much greater on issues that barely affect you compared to the massive amount of people it does?

You have half the server bitching about uosteam. Have you pvped on here?against the auto heal/cure/breakpara your friend script? Or efield wall weaken spam explotion pot script? Have you seen how retarded archery is because you left heartwood unchecked for so long? You know there are hardly any pvp dexers on this server that arent archers? It is terrible..

Show me the threads where you guys are asking your players' opinions on a certain issue, encouraging feedback, and not being extremely short and defensive and ill believe you.

Angry? No. Annoyed? A little. It is more that I actually care about the future of demise and I dont want it to be the piece of shit that osi/broadsword have made.

Go follow some pvpers around for a while or watch some fights and come back and tell me with a straight face that nothing is wrong.

I appreciate your response and work on server and think you guys do a good job. My intention is not to insult or even be rude so I apologize if it comes off poorly.