UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

About T-Hunters/hunting

saul

Wanderer
Re: About T-Hunters/hunting

Cebrious Arcane;1066100 said:
Hahaha, qft

Meteor Swarm + Invisibility for the win.

If you don't know, Amoeba Island has a huge spawn of snakes. Be sure you're prepared. If you're riding a nightmare, it's no problem, but you'll have to clear the area pretty substantially to be able to dig up the chest and pass loot to your beetle.

Yar... the snakes are the least of ye concern on that cursed isle

SF|Liquid

Wanderer

you need to double click the shovel, and then click the map, and then click the spot. And you get a message telling you where to dig for treasure

just clicking on the shovel is for mining only.

also Gming cart is a waste, you can decode level 5 at like 70 skill or so, it just takes more tries to decode, which isnt really a big deal, only a matter of seconds.

I do agree it's best to work with others, not only for monsters, but from people who want to steal your loot as well. Always nice to upset a would-be murderer when you have a few friends hidden. In any case, my build as far as treasure hunting goes is a hybird of a bard/mage/provoker:

My Build

1. Provoking - [For initial spawn mostly]
2. Musicianship
3. Magery
4. Meditation
5. Evaluating Intelligence [ I couple magery to clean up when I don't have anything else to provoke; when it's just one monster]
6. Cartogrpahy
7. Lockpicking

This build is able to solo most treasure runs once you get the hang of it, but I'd always recommend going with others like some have said above me. Besides safety, it's just more fun I think. Without the skill of "Resisting Spells", I normally make it my primary target to take down enemies heavy in magic and make sure I have plenty of protective spells on me at all times.

Where To Find Maps

It might differ from Hybirds' shard from the way OSI runs as far as location goes, but I'd assume the monsters still drop the same level maps:

Map Level Map Descr. Monsters

1 Plainly Drawn Agapite Elemental, Air Elemental, Bronze Elemental, Copper Elemental, Dark Guardian, Dull Copper Elemental, Earth Elemental, Enslaved Gargoyle, Ettin, Evil Mage, Fire Gargoyle, Frost Troll, Gargoyle, Gazer, Golden Elemental, Lizardman, Mummy, Ogre, Ophidian Enforcer, Ophidian Warrior, Orc, Orcish Lord, Orcish Mage, Sea Serpent, Shadow Iron Elemental, Terathan Warrior, Troll, Valorite Elemental, Verite Elemental

2 Expertly Drawn Acid Elemental, Deep Sea Serpent, Drake, Evil Mage Lord, Fire Elemental, Ophidian Apprentice Mage, Ophidian Justicar, Ophidian Shaman, Ophidian Zealot, Ratman Mage, Reaper, Sea Serpent, Snow Elemental, Stone Gargoyle, Water Elemental, Wyvern

3 Adeptly Drawn Arctic Ogre Lord, Cyclopian Warrior, Dark Guardian, Juka Mage, Lesser Hiryu, Lich, Meer Mage, Ogre Lord, Ophidian Avenger, Ophidian Knight-Errant, Terathan Avenger, Yomotsu Warrior

4 Cleverly Drawn Daemon, Devourer of Souls, Dragon, Efreet, Elder Gazer, Ice Fiend, Kraken, Lich Lord, Oni, Ophidian Matriarch, Sand Vortex, Serpentine Dragon, Terathan Matriarch, Wanderer of the Void, White Wyrm

5 Deviously Drawn Ancient Lich, Ancient Wyrm, Balron, Barracoon the Piper, Betrayer, Blood Elemental, Ethereal Warrior, Lord Oaks, Mephitis, Poison Elemental, Rikktor, Rotting Corpse, Succubus, Titan

I know Hybird doesn't have all the same spawns as OSI does, so check here to see where everything spawns so you know where you can pick up each level map that you're looking for.

http://www.uogamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61276

Decoding Maps With Cartogrpahy

1 Plainly Drawn 27.0 cartography required
2 Expertly Drawn 71.0 cartography required 3 Adeptly Drawn 81.0 cartography required
4 Cleverly Drawn 91.0 cartography required
5 Deviously Drawn 100 cartography required

Decoded, Now What?

Once you decode a map, you're given a small view of the area and a pin point. You can look at the world map using UOAM found here: http://uoam.net/ and by hitting CTRL+T you can turn off the tilt and make locating it much easier.

To find the exact location, you can view the archive of all the possible treasure locations with Stratics' database here: http://uo.stratics.com/thb/info/maparchive/Archive1.shtml [Picture heavy for those with slow connections] I haven't seen any difference in using it here or in OSI and have been fine on many runs without location issues. Just open the map you're carrying and compare the location of the red pin to that of the one in the archive and you now know the exact coordinates of the treasure.

What To bring

A shovel to dig up the treasure, a sextant to figure out your location compared to the treasure chest, the map itself, some reagents if you're build uses them, and in my case, a musical instrument. Using the sextant by double-clicking you can follow the coordinates it gives you versus the map's and find the pin-pointed location exactly to the degree. Then, double-click your shovel, then the map, then the ground in which you dig. You'll get one of many messages telling you how close you are to the treasure chest:

The following messages are given when digging:

"You dig and dig, but do not find any treasure". Meaning the treasure is not there.

"You dig and dig, but no treasure seems to be here". Meaning you are close to the treasure, but not close enough to dig it up.

"You stop digging because something is directly on top of the treasure chest". Have the person, animal or monster move away from that spot and dig again.

There seems to be no message for success, but you will hear the sound and then see the dirt patch and the treasure chest appear. <-- YOU hit it! Way to go, you found the treasure! Your character will continue to dig up the chest and you will hear 13 digging sounds before you completely unearth the chest.

Spawns

Once you dig up the chest, monsters spawn. They are more difficult with each level map, five being the hardest. Immediately after digging up the chest either run off screen, hide, or have a player reading to invis/heal you, as you will be attacked. The initial spawn is not the only spawn either. As you take loot from the chest, it, in essence, "rattles" and brings out more spawn. Be ever ready as you loot the chest, as being too carefree could cost you your life.

And remember...in Felucca anyone can loot your chest, so be quick and be prepared. In the end, the fun of the hunt is often more rewarding then the treasure itself, but that's my opinion. Happy hunting, everyone. I hope this helps other treasure hunters out there, Just stay away from my treasure! =^_^=

SF|Liquid

Wanderer

Mythia Jhengli;1185458 said:
Decoding Maps With Cartogrpahy

1 Plainly Drawn 27.0 cartography required
2 Expertly Drawn 71.0 cartography required
3 Adeptly Drawn 81.0 cartography required
4 Cleverly Drawn 91.0 cartography required
5 Deviously Drawn 100 cartography required

this does not apply to this server, for starters you dont even need any skill to decode level 1, and my thunter decodes level 5 with no trouble at 75 cart