UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

**ALL PLAYERS READ AND COMPREHEND**

Status
Not open for further replies.
**ALL PLAYERS READ AND COMPREHEND**

This may come off as me being an asshole, but I'd love to see anyone else who actually listens to IRC and vent and keeps themself updated about whats going on rather than bitching and complaining and demanding others update them constantly be able to *NOT* say anything. So, here goes:

Forgive me if you havent been here for the past week, as thats how long the problems have been going on. Seeing as you dont pay ANY fucking attention to whats going on, the server is under a DDoS attack. No, its not hacking.

A guy is using zombie computers to send thousands of fake connections that the server cant process fast enough. In effect, it lags the shard to the point where you couldnt log in, and you'd have a damn near 10k ping. Since this attack also harms the ISP's servers that are hosting it (EV1 in this case), the ISP decided to do a process called null routing.

Basically this is taking whatever is being attacked, offline, so that it cannot lag their other not-being-attacked-servers on their network. The null route lasts for either 12 or 24 hrs, and after the first day, the null routes have been lasting 24 hrs. When the null route is lifted, the shard's IP will have changed, but the DNS "login.uodemise.com" and "uodemise.com" will have been rerouted to the new IP. The shard will then be up again... until the attacker redirects his attacks from the old IP to the new one, and the shard will be under immense lag until the ISP null routes again. Which usually happens within 20 mins of the attack.

The result is the shard, website, irc, and anything else being attacked, to go up and down often. I am not staff. My word is not gospel. This is as close to a simple explanation as i can manage, and i believe all of my terms are correct and my interpretation of it is as correct as possible. Please, PLEASE lay off the staff, stop asking stupid questions like "Is the shard down?", and just sit back and chill. If you can't log in, then obviously, the shard is down. There's no point in putting even more stress on the staff than necessary.

-Mook.

Lorthic

Knight
Re: **ALL PLAYERS READ AND COMPREHEND**

I didn't read that simply because you could've been a bit more eloquent, rather than being a fucking asshole. Either learn to deal with and adapt to those around you, or don't post at all. Your post, while slightly informative (as we knew all of this from the updates Ryan and the staff gave us), was unnecessary.

Thank you for nothing,
Lorth

TheRemedy

Sorceror
Re: **ALL PLAYERS READ AND COMPREHEND**

your post is as useless as the ones your are complaing about, go to hell with them, kthx. bye

Status
Not open for further replies.