UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

"Already have 5 characters"

StarSphere

Wanderer
"Already have 5 characters"

Hello there

I've recently got myself UO and I was going to try it out in this server.
Problem is, whenever I try to login, I get a message saying "You already have 5 characters". How can that be? I've never even played UO :-\

Any help will be appreciated.

I've been playing Ultima Online for years. But I've just switched over to the 3D version when I tried joining Hybrid. I got this message and I can't get around it, getting really annoying. I can usually figure these UO free shard glitches out. I'm pretty sure this is an old problem with UO aswell. Dating back almost three years ago when the 3D version was originally released. I downloaded my version, maybe that is the reason, but doubtful.

Hopefully a GM or someone might be able to find and solve the problem soon.

*Tips His Jester Hat*

IzludeX

Wanderer
Eh I got your solution run normal client and let it patch fully . I had the same problem and thats What I did and it worked fine hope this helps you also

Yeah I tried that immediately, because you know when you don't use UOGateway you would normally use the client.exe file. But for some reason I just keep getting a bad filename, or bad path error. So that's how I came to the conclusion that it was probably downloaded incorrectly or the downloadable version has glitches. I'm just not looking foward to another 600mb download.

IzludeX

Wanderer
hmm did you install 2d or 3d ???? cuz 2d will sometimes do that while patch so what you do is instead of running it from client.exe you go into the foler and run uo.exe then if that dont work try uopatch.exe

[hmm did you install 2d or 3d ???? cuz 2d will sometimes do that while patch so what you do is instead of running it from client.exe you go into the foler and run uo.exe then if that dont work try uopatch.exe]

I've tried that, of course us free uo gamers know about the client.exe file, but it is corrupt or something. So that's out the window.

[This is a common UO cache error.
Here are some ways to fix it:
http://www.uogamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17682

The first thing I would do is go into your Programs Files > UO folder > Desktop and delete everything in that folder.. Then when you log on again it will re-create a new cache for your character slots]

First thing here. I don't mean to insult anybody but that thread is almost utterly useless to anyone who has been playing uo for even a couple of months, they are all common sense crap and won't help with any -real- technical problems, such as this one.

Second, that was the first thing I went to check for thinking that my old characters were being sued somehow on this shard. (I even forgot I had just installed this one). But that folder doesn't even exist for some reason, is this a UO3D thing? I've only ever used UO2D. Anyways, if anyone found out the problem yet, just gimme a shout. Thanks

*Tips His Jester Hat*

sunfiregt

Wanderer
Skippy The Jester said:
First thing here. I don't mean to insult anybody but that thread is almost utterly useless to anyone who has been playing uo for even a couple of months, they are all common sense crap and won't help with any -real- technical problems, such as this one.

Second, that was the first thing I went to check for thinking that my old characters were being sued somehow on this shard. (I even forgot I had just installed this one). But that folder doesn't even exist for some reason, is this a UO3D thing? I've only ever used UO2D. Anyways, if anyone found out the problem yet, just gimme a shout. Thanks

Actually you are wrong. The "already have 5 characters" issue is COMPLETELY client side and is created because of the way UO gateway arranges the information.. That means the problem is on your computer, and since it is on your computer there are very simple ways to fix it unless you have had a virus or something else that has screwed your computer up. But that error is very common, you have no idea how common. I almost have one person a day ask me what to do.. Do a search on how many threads have been started over this error. To fix it you either need to clear your cache or re-download it. You would not get that error for any other reason.

Didn't I say it was a client problem?

*Scratches His Head*

And I think you mixed up what I said with "common sense" and common problems. And it has to be the download file, I've downloaded it twice and same problem, it wont even load the client.exe.

Anyone know of a good site to download it from? I'll give you a bananaaaaaa....

*Tips His Jester Hat*