UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

"Archery, Bows, and Things in-between" questions

Orion Lighter

Sorceror
"Archery, Bows, and Things in-between" questions

So with the fixing of Spellweaving, I have decided to make yet ANOTHER tamer to increase my damage output in Gaunt, and have re-assigned my necro-weaving tamer to do champ spawns...

I have yet to venture into the world of archery, and was wondering what is the best bow type out of them? I know we can't make them, so it's what I can scavenge off of corpses, but I'd like to know which ones I should be looking at.

I heard that in order for a repeating crossbow to be effective, it needs Damage Increase, any way to tell me what other mods I should be looking for in the various types of bows? (other then slayer and elemental type)

Digatalas

Knight
Re: "Archery, Bows, and Things in-between" questions

You will need SSI, HML, and DI on almost anything really. Although DI isn't a necessity. Depending on your build you will want a few different things.

Lord Mars

Knight

would say the composite bow is the multi-purpose one here useful in both pvm and pvp

ssi is a must have mod for good bow, hml is useful to chain specials
hit harm is useless on bows

lastly u can forget abt repeaters coz no amount of di is worthwhile - only exceptions are slayers

Orion Lighter

Sorceror

Okay, so focus on finding Composite bows with the needed mods, what about heavy crossbows/regular crossbows??

ne14pic

Sorceror

demon and undead slayers too and 100% fire bow for room 2

Orion Lighter

Sorceror

I know the slayers and elementals part, just trying to figure out which type of bows I should be focusing on...

so far:

- Aim for Composite bows
- Stay away from Repeating Crossbows

what about the heavy/regular crossbows? And Yumis and regular plain bows?

dead-eye

Knight

yumis can be great but hard to find because they dont drop in gaunt.

I personally like normal bows with good mods.

but really, its like any weapon when it comes to mods, your gonna want what will help your template the best.

If your temp is going to be a mana whore try to find some SSI and mana leech, also maybe some HCI/hitspell

Blame

Knight

Orion Lighter;676633 said:
So with the fixing of Spellweaving, I have decided to make yet ANOTHER tamer to increase my damage output in Gaunt, and have re-assigned my necro-weaving tamer to do champ spawns...

I have yet to venture into the world of archery, and was wondering what is the best bow type out of them? I know we can't make them, so it's what I can scavenge off of corpses, but I'd like to know which ones I should be looking at.

I heard that in order for a repeating crossbow to be effective, it needs Damage Increase, any way to tell me what other mods I should be looking for in the various types of bows? (other then slayer and elemental type)

If you stick Bushido on your archer you can get high luck through perfection with no luck suit, especially important with the now instanced corpses.

Orion Lighter

Sorceror

dead-eye;676820 said:
but really, its like any weapon when it comes to mods, your gonna want what will help your template the best.

If your temp is going to be a mana whore try to find some SSI and mana leech, also maybe some HCI/hitspell

Well, I'm worried about speed/damage output. Like I know that in the swords category, everyone seems to want to find double-axes with HML and SSI for their specials. Meanwhile, cleavers for PVP. That reminds me, which weapon specials should I be aiming to get?

Blame;676838 said:
If you stick Bushido on your archer you can get high luck through perfection with no luck suit, especially important with the now instanced corpses.

Not sure if I'd be able to fit it in, but I'll try to add in 50 bushido, more luck on top of my luck suit would just make it better, no?

EvilChild

Knight

Highest damage output out of my characters has been my necro mage tamer

i also have a tamer archer and it pales in comparison

Orion Lighter

Sorceror

I've wanted to start trying with archery for a while now, but with my necro/weaver tamer I've lost the ability to deal damage effectively while still having a GD. How do you manage to fit all the skills required for a necro mage tamer??

100 Necro
120 SS
115 Magery
120 Eval
120 Taming
120 Lore
Rest in Med (around 20 skill points for me)

Is that the template? How do you get mana regen (I've already had a hard enough time building an LRC/luck suit to 1200, don't want to start again to try for mana regen/LMC)... how do you heal, just magery heals???

EvilChild

Knight

Orion Lighter;677162 said:
I've wanted to start trying with archery for a while now, but with my necro/weaver tamer I've lost the ability to deal damage effectively while still having a GD. How do you manage to fit all the skills required for a necro mage tamer??

100 Necro
120 SS
115 Magery
120 Eval
120 Taming
120 Lore
Rest in Med (around 20 skill points for me)

Is that the template? How do you get mana regen (I've already had a hard enough time building an LRC/luck suit to 1200, don't want to start again to try for mana regen/LMC)... how do you heal, just magery heals???

yea thats pretty much it

all 120
taming
lore
eval
mage
necro
ss

carry slayer books, go into wraith form and spam spells on the mob. G dragon tanks it. You need to leech enough mana from wraith form so that you can cast G heal as often on your dragon as needed.

it works extremely well, especially against low resist mobs. You'll need a better and better suit to kill higher resist monsters. Otherwise you wont have the mana to heal your pet/nor the mana to cast your spells. Which leaves you dead.

Honestly though the price of the bows youll need to be effective as a tamer archer are probably as expensive as the price of the suit pieces youll need as a necro mage tamer.