UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Area Effect Spells

Are you in favor of the following changes?

• Yes

Votes: 307 65.9%
  • No

Votes: 159 34.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark

Area Effect Spells

Currently, Area Effect spells do not affect players who are guilded, partied, or innocent to the caster.

Area Effect spells: Meteor Swarm, Mass Curse, Chain Lightening, Energy Vortex, Blade Spirit, Earthquake, All Fields, Explosion Potions.

Proposed: To remove safety restrictions on these spells and require mages to be accountable for all spells they cast.

Examples: Going criminal when an innocent runs through a firefield you cast, getting guardwhacked when an explosion potion you throw hits an innocent in town, hurting your entire guild when you earthquake to try and kill a player in his house, having an energy vortex attack you once a monster dies.

I vote yes to teh changes, cause i believe thats how it was when i first started UO years ago.. am I right?

Also I miss the times when you could actually kill a guard, no real loot but it was fun, casting summons in towns and whatnot, being able to DP a guard, then come back and do it over and over

I agree very much so, I miss the days of killing NPCs for leet clothes. I wish they would fix it to where we could, but make it where we don't get counts from them like we used to in the olden osi days.

Betty-hybrid

Wanderer
I think this is needed. This adds realism to the spells. A firefield is just fire not fire with the special ability to not hurt your friends like some kinda of gay pokemon thing.

I'd like to say yes, but after thinking about it, no. If a innocent happens to step into my field, he can count me. If I accidently screw up a purple, I get whacked. If I EQ too close to a town, I get whacked.

kelcoco

Wanderer
I vote yes for 2 reasons.

1. Knock out the fucking fag explo pot chuckers. *Cough* Betty Starburst *Cough*
2. Bring back the old UO :) as stated above Thanks

MrPeanut

Wanderer
I say yes and no depending on the spell. For meteor swarm i'd like to see it hit everyone but a spell like fire field I don't think it is necessary to change it.

micheal

Sorceror
I agree with larado, I mean if you mistakenly cast eq near a city and by mistakenly i mean hit a macro if you have one then you'd hit every blue in the area and get guard wacked i mean ive seen many faction members chucking explo in town that hurt those guys.

M

Mark

I'm strongly in favor of these changes, but I don't want to drive away any players. This is how things were during UO:R, and accountability is always a good thing.

I am heavily for these changes. If staff isn't willing to remove area effect spells from damaging those who are in their houses, then this would by far be just as fair.

To those opposed due to accidental problems, don't use these spells/items at all then. It's like playing with matches in a TNT factory... either you got the balls to play with the fire and reap the consequences, or you play trammy and don't get burned.

Betty-hybrid

Wanderer
BaBy Boy said:
I vote yes for 2 reasons.

1. Knock out the fucking fag explo pot chuckers. *Cough* Betty Starburst *Cough*
2. Bring back the old UO :) as stated above Thanks

Don't start shit with me.

I'm AGREEING to this change if you would read about 2 posts up from yours. If you really think that I'm going to let go something which that adds approx 32 damage every 4.5 seconds to any char I make, You must be stupid. I am, however, asking for this patch to be implemented. Nothing stops you from making exactly the same char as I have and causing exactly the same deaths.

It took me 1 day to learn how to throw explo pots perfectly.

i think alchy mages are cool as hell.... it was fun using them back before aos came out and its a good thing to have on this shard. it's very easy to avoid explo pots.... you just run off screen for about one mili-second..... i don't think these changes are good, its just going to make pvp in town boring as crap.

M

Mark

Inferno Blaze said:
i think alchy mages are cool as hell.... it was fun using them back before aos came out and its a good thing to have on this shard. it's very easy to avoid explo pots.... you just run off screen for about one mili-second..... i don't think these changes are good, its just going to make pvp in town boring as crap.

You can't: Field, EV, Blade Spirit, MS, Chain Lightening, or EQ in town. Aside from the affect on explosion potions, how will this make town pvp 'boring as crap'. Does town pvp revolve around explosion potions. I asked for intelligent feedback.

Mark, I'd suggest (if you haven't already) polling the players in-game. I remember with the faction wipe, Ryan was able to get over 400 votes in a fairly short amount of time by doing so. Although the idea has support here, this is a fairly large change that should be made known to the playerbase, even those who don't frequent this site.

Why attack party members?

I know this is a pre aos shard and all but if ur a party member ur supposed to be allied and i dont see why u would want to attack ur party members? I know this is a good uor feel to the game but just doesnt make too much sense to me (Maybe because i was playing uo at publish 16 I dont know all the greatest part of the game)

Malaki2003

Wanderer
OMFG Yes hands down

Serouisly, they are AREA OF EFFECT spells, they should hurt EVERYONE in the area.... DUH?! And yes, if someone runs thru a field and counts you. guess what? dont use fucking fields then. Bye now

Status
Not open for further replies.