UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Area Effect Spells

Are you in favor of the following changes?

• Yes

Votes: 307 65.9%
  • No

Votes: 159 34.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lament

Knight
This is stuipid and i will tell you why. This is just giving an overwhelming amount of power to reds. even more than they already have (not having perma stat loss). It is just promoting more newby reds. Back on osi it was honorable to be one of the reds that wreaked havoc on the blues.

Agreed, as for those of you who tell me to be more careful, if I see one of your field spells, I shall jump in it, and either kill you, or count you if you are blue.

These changes allow this form of assholeshism.

Eclender

Wanderer
Why would we change what already works?

Ok, First I would like to say thank you. UO gamers is great. Unfortunatly Things seem to becoming more and more like Origin. People are complaining and things are being changed. I honestly think that before the update things were actually beneficial to both parties. Not to mention the people that house hide and such. Guild members should NOT be the target of other guild spells. Now that goes only for SPELLS not SUMMONS. I think that once something is summoned it does what it does kill, friend or foe. Unfortunately the odds are against the people who like the way things are. My whole thing is that we shouldn't change things because people complain. Thats the best thing about this game, learning how to adapt to things. If we start changing things do to people complaining we might as well add trammel.

Now I can agree about the Purple potions is another story. That is an area effect item but didnt hit the people in the area just the one your attacking. Its an EXPLOSION pot, it explodes and everything around it should be hit. Doesn't matter who it is friend, foe, guildy or party member.

The change I can adapt to. I have no problems with it because I'll get around it. I would prefer it to be like it was prior to the update, but all I'm saying is that if you try to please everyone by changing things everyone is going to lose. Will end up being like Origin. God forbid that happens. I loved the dread days, I know a lot of the TRUE pvp'ers can agree that we dont want that to happen. Welp all I really have to say.

Hunts1287

Wanderer
Quite honestly :\ if you make this an addiction dexxors will just whack away and that can get very gay :\ sometimes people fuck up with purple pots and that is the death of them.

pushovers

well, i guess i might as well commence whining. it seems to me if i whine repeatedly about something i will recieve whatever it is i desire. whaaaaa! Ryan, i cant compete in the current pvp situation, please modify all skills excluding my own template so that i might have a fighting chance!
seriously, have some integrity, is it really about who makes the biggest fuss? if so, let me know, i'll be glad to form a ballot and pass it around with the topic of uping mana regen, shortening spell timers, and healing through poison. oh wait, that would make my mage unstoppable... and leave my other 9 pvp templates in the dirt.
COME ON, YOU FUCKERS, ADAPT!
dont rely on one template, then procede to complain when you suck at it.

and yes, i'm Smartyr than your Martyr

Atrox-hybrid

Wanderer
Eclender said:
Ok, First I would like to say thank you. UO gamers is great. Unfortunatly Things seem to becoming more and more like Origin. People are complaining and things are being changed. I honestly think that before the update things were actually beneficial to both parties. Not to mention the people that house hide and such. Guild members should NOT be the target of other guild spells. Now that goes only for SPELLS not SUMMONS. I think that once something is summoned it does what it does kill, friend or foe. Unfortunately the odds are against the people who like the way things are. My whole thing is that we shouldn't change things because people complain. Thats the best thing about this game, learning how to adapt to things. If we start changing things do to people complaining we might as well add trammel.

Now I can agree about the Purple potions is another story. That is an area effect item but didnt hit the people in the area just the one your attacking. Its an EXPLOSION pot, it explodes and everything around it should be hit. Doesn't matter who it is friend, foe, guildy or party member.

The change I can adapt to. I have no problems with it because I'll get around it. I would prefer it to be like it was prior to the update, but all I'm saying is that if you try to please everyone by changing things everyone is going to lose. Will end up being like Origin. God forbid that happens. I loved the dread days, I know a lot of the TRUE pvp'ers can agree that we dont want that to happen. Welp all I really have to say.

Just like explosion potions, spells like meteor swarm and chain lightning are area of effect. If you call a ton of lightning down from the sky into an area... guess what, that lightning doesnt give a crap if its electrocuting your guildmate. if you meteor swarm an area, and someone is in that area hes gonna get hit. it doesnt matter if he is your friend or not, you just shot a bunch of meteors at him and hes going to feel it just like everyone else. if you cause an earthquake, why wouldnt a guild member on your screen be affected by it?

seriously, if i shot my coworker with a gun he wouldn't be allright just because he's my coworker....

my advice is, if you don't want your guildmates to be hit with your aoe spells, don't cast aoe spells on them. It isn't the spell's job to know who to hit. If a spell is cast on a player, that player should be affected by it regardless of his guild fealty. It's the player's job to be smart enough to wield that spell properly. To suggest otherwise is, well, pretty trammy...

Special_Ed

Wanderer
AOE's

This change to affect players with aoe's would be fine if we were warring one vs one or guild vs guild but with everyone playing for the chance to grief another player all you are likely to see is a bunch of blue idiots diving into poison/fire fields so they can count anybody. You see there really are no distinct sides in a battle. The blues are most likely not in a group and they are the ones that will cause most of the problems. Some not all play soley to grief and this change would allow these A$$Holes to expand the way they can grief. My point is this: The lame will become lamer why do we want to enable them to become even more lame. Then again I guess I could play a blue and get back at all the blues who have tried to kill me in the past.

Everyone will just stop using AoE's. Wow, what progress we are making. lol

Special_Ed

Wanderer
AoE's

It stands to reason that an area of effect spell should affect a defined area. There really should not be a "shield" on a person who is in that area. Guilds will have to communicate these spells so their guildees can move out of the area. The same goes for parties, etc.
I guess all in all, an AoE should affect the area regardless of who the people are in that area. Everyone will have to learn when and where to throw these spells. And others will have to learn how to avoid being caught in these situations.
Or just give the casters an AoE mass (Arch) protection that would act as a shield from these effects.

just an opinion. don't flame, you don't have to agree.

Mary Poppins

Wanderer
Re: Area Effect Spells

I vote yes for this change. Make it like it really was on OSI in T2A and UO:R. I always thought these safety's were stupid and unecessary.

I'm pretty sure these have been changed, (Not 100% sure) but I'm pretty sure i've been in a party b4 and got hit by EQ or MS from my party.

Kornmaster

Wanderer

Anything that pushes UO back to the early days of pvp style and away from carebearville is a big WIN by me.

So was this ever implemented? As far as I know (which isn't sayin a whole hell of a lot) if your in the same guild/party as someone they can't hurt you still w/ area effect spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.