UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Art of 5x

Art of 5x

Accepting 5x! This guide contains my perception of 5x.

CONTENTS
(CTRL + F = Find)

WHAT IS 5X? – (i)
HOW DO I START A 5X DUEL? – (ii)
5X INTRODUCTION – (iii)
5X TECHNIQUES – (iv)
[TICKS] – (iv.a)
[FAST CAST] – (iv.b)
[DISRUPTING YOUR SPELL WITH EQUIP] – (iv.c)
[JAB!] – (iv.d)
[DEFENSE & MOVEMENT] – (iv.e)
[FAKE SPELL WORDS] – (iv.f)
[FAKE MEDITATION] – (iv.g)
5X HOTKEYS & ABBREVIATIONS – (v)
COMBOS – (vi)
VIDEOS – (vii)

WHAT IS 5X? – (i)

5x means fighting only using five skills, plus (+) two passive skills which increases damage on punches:

Magery, Evaluating Intelligence, Resist, Meditation, Wrestling
+ Tactics, Anatomy

[NOTE!] – Poisoning skill does not work in 5x
[NOTE!!] – Some spells do not work, such as Meteor Swarm and Magic Reflection.
[NOTE!!!] – You cannot use weapons effectively, besides your fist!
[NOTE!!!!] You cannot equip magical equipment or use potions.
[NOTE!!!!!] – Purple and orange petals can be used.

HOW DO I START A 5X DUEL? – (ii)

Type: I wish to duel

Left-click the circle on the left side of Player 2:

Left-click the circle on the left side of 1: Empty and target the player you wish to add.

Wait for your opponent to accept the challenge:

When they do, 1: Empty becomes 1: “Player name”
Right-click the Participant Setup once, and you’ll be brought to the initial gump.
Left-click the circle to the left of Start.
Left-click OK twice.

[NOTE!] – To quit a duel before it begins, or a duel in progress that is larger than (1 vs 1), type: I yield
[NOTE!!] – To choose what arena you wish to duel in, type: Change arena preferences

5X INTRODUCTION – (iii)

The Wall of Stone falls, and the confusion begins. You both begin to mindlessly drop (use a spell on a target) random spells, which are healed with ease. You begin to ask yourself: “How the hell do I beat my opponent without using potions nor weapons?” This is where most quit in frustration, and miss out on the intricate dance of 5x.

To put it in layman’s terms – in order to defeat your opponent in 5x, you must inflict most of your damage while your opponent is poisoned. This is because of poison block, which means your opponent cannot heal while they are poisoned.

This is why you see duelers “spam” low circle spells, because it interrupts cure. If you were to use big circle spells, your opponent would be able to cure, and possibly get off a heal.

5X TECHNIQUES – (iv)

[TICKS] – (iv.a)

A tick is another way of saying 1 second, or 1 cure opportunity. To become a master at 5x, you’ll need to know what spells take away how many ticks. For example, let’s say you poisoned your opponent, and immediately cast harm. You have the target cursor up
, and you're ready to drop it. Your opponent begins to cast cure. When is the latest possible time you can drop your spell, and still interrupt your opponents cure? If you take the most amount of ticks away from your opponent consistently, poison will do damage over time (DoT), which is also combined with your small circle spell damage and punches. The general timing for taking ticks as late as possible for key spells are:

[#] = amount of ticks

[NOTE!] – A cure & poison takes [1] tick to complete.
[NOTE!!] – When you drop an explosion on a target, it takes [2] ticks to do damage.
[NOTE!!!] – Magic arrow is nearly impossible to use by reacting. To interrupt cure with magic arrow, you should estimate your opponents cure attempt and drop it just before.

OPPONENT CASTS CURE:

[0.1]:
Magic Arrow (you could technically drop it before your opponent casts cure and still interrupt, there is a slight delay), Fireball (“), Energy Bolt, Flamestrike

[0.6]:
Explosion

[0.8]:
Punch, Weaken, Clumsy, Harm, Lightning

And finally, you’ll have to know when poison does damage. This is because when poison does damage, it interrupts a spell in the process of being casted, which allows you to “ready” a fast cast. Poison yourself, and note when it takes hit points. Poison does damage every [4] ticks. Basically, you’ll need to interrupt three cures, then poison will do damage and the cycle (a cycle is three cures + poison damage) restarts.

[FAST CAST] – (iv.b)

Fast cast allows you to begin casting your next spell without delay. To do this, simply cast any spell, and hold the target cursor for [1] tick. Now that you have done this, drop it on your target and cast any spell immediately afterwards. You should notice a significant increase in speed compared to dropping your first spell instantly when possible, and then casting another spell in succession.

[NOTE!] – A successful fast-cast only reduces the time it takes to START casting your next spell. It does not make the spell shorter.
[NOTE!!] – Fast cast allows you to interrupts two cures, but you won’t be able to interrupt the third cure before the poison damage, unless you punch (JAB!), or use a clutch spell like clumsy. This is because you need [1] tick in order to “ready” a fast-cast. This is only the case if you use [0.1] tick spells, since you need three to complete a cycle. If you use certain [0.8] spells like harm, it takes three ticks with only two spells, bringing you to the next cycle.

[DISRUPTING YOUR SPELL WITH EQUIP] – (iv.c)

Have you ever needed to stop a spell you’ve begun to cast mid way, before it’s complete? This is what disrupting does. It is done by equipping an item. You can do this by using arm/disarm left or right hand hotkey, or a last object hotkey to equip a candle for example (last object tends to screw you up). Look up Razor or Sallos tutorials for how to do this.

How is this important to 5x? Because it allows you to disrupt fake spells. One of the most important and vital reasons to disrupt fake a spell, has to do with ticks. If you get poisoned while casting a mini-heal, it inflicts a [1] tick delay on you. So instead of three cures your opponent needs to disrupt to complete a cycle, they only need to stop two cures before poison damage. How do you counter this? By casting a mini-heal initially; disrupt the spell midway, making the opponent drop the poison on you. If you disrupt your mini-heal before the opponent poisons you, there is no delay.

Disrupting can be used for offense as well. This combo get’s your opponent to cast a cure, and thus takes two explosions without healing:

Explosion, Disrupted poison, Explosion

[NOTE!] – Open up your opponent’s paperdoll and place it somewhere easily viewable without obstructing your view as this will help you see if your opponent equips something to disrupt.

[JAB!] – (iv.d)

Most combos require you to do timed punches, which can also be used for defensive purposes. A timed punch is done with the attack last target hotkey. This hotkey brings you into warmode without having to double click your target. You can only punch every [4] ticks, so wasting punches gives you a big disadvantage. To prevent auto-punching, you must get into the habit of hitting your warmode key after every spell and punch you drop, as this tabs you out – bringing you out of warmode. If you do not tab out, you stay in warmode and punch automatically at random.

[NOTE!] – Tab in = in warmode / Tab out = out of warmode
[NOTE!!] – A character automatically punches if they are tabbed in and within 1 tile of their target.
[NOTE!!!] – Only offensive spells against another target tabs you in.
[NOTE!!!!] – Using a dagger to disrupt resets your punch timer, making you punch not as often.

[DEFENSE & MOVEMENT] – (iv.e)

“Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee” – Muhammad Ali.

[NOTE!] – 0 Tiles is on top of your opponent. Standing next to your opponent is 1 tile, and so on.

Footwork is sometimes more important than even casting spells. The first aspect of movement is position in the arena. You don’t want to be in a corner when your opponent starts his dump (attack). This is because if he chooses to do a harm combo, it makes it easier for him to do so since your movement is restricted. Harm does more damage the closer you are, so distance becomes a priority. Always have a clear path to the other side of the arena diagonally because you can run diagonally and juke left or right when you get to the other side:

As your running from a harm combo diagonally, disrupt fake a cure spell once or twice and run. This gets your opponent to drop his harm, further then 1 tile away, minimizing damage. After the opponent drops it, cast a cure. If you’re not poisoned, run and mini-heal.

If the opponent is doing a magic arrow combo, do the opposite. Stay close to them, so that the opponent automatically punches as he is dropping his magic arrow. This also allows you to punch the re-poison with ease if you get a cure off in-between magic arrows.

To guard against any combo in the beginning, have a greater heal precasted (have the target cursor up and ready to drop). Most combos start with an explosion, followed by a poison. To counter this, punch the poison as late as possible [0.8], and greater heal yourself when the explosion damages you. You have about [0.3] ticks to do it before a re-poison drops on you.

What if you don’t have time to cast greater heal? Then get within 1 tile, cast greater heal as they are doing the combo and punch. If you need to disrupt your greater heal to get closer because the opponent is running, do so, get close and recast. I do this two to three times during my opponent’s combo. It is the best way to defend. Learn to do this often.

And finally, the best defensive spell – clumsy. It is a clutch spell, quickest to cast, with the steal tick timing of harm. If you cannot get into range of your opponent in-order to greater heal punch, cast a clumsy and close the distance. If they drop the explosion anyways, disrupt the following poison with clumsy and mini-heal. It is also a life saver when you are redlined (near death). If the opponent creates distance between you when you’re redlined, they are likely going for a finisher. Clumsy once or twice while closing the distance, and heal or cure + punch after. Clumsy is like a ranged punch that hits 100% of the time.

[FAKE SPELL WORDS] – (iv.f)

Ever get yourself into this scenario:
You have precasted cure, and your opponent has a poison ready to drop. And you both just wait.

Technically, the opponent is doing the right thing because they are gaining mana which extends the duration of their attack. You need to make the first move, and there are three things that can be done:

i. Disrupt fake a mini-heal
ii. Commit to the mini-heal if you fake often or notice your opponent is distracted
iii. Use fake spell words to confuse your opponent

Fake spell words are exactly that. It’s a hotkey that types out the spell word for whatever client you choose. If I’m dueling with Razor, my fake spell word for mini-heal would be: In Mani [Heal]. You can even add a bow or salute to make it more believable. To go one step further, make your text orange since your opponent sees you as an enemy (orange). If they do not fall for it, try using it in patterns. For example:

Fake In Mani [Heal]
Fake In Vas Mani [Greater Heal]
Fake In Mani [Heal]
Fake In Vas Mani [Greater Heal]

Real Mini-Heal

That should slow their reaction.

[NOTE!] – “Zombie Mode” is a salute spam macro that hides your animation. Play the macro throughout your entire duel to hide real spell animation and make your fakes more believable. Be warned though, it sometimes lags people and is frowned upon.

[FAKE MEDITATION] – (iv.g)

Sometimes when my opponent has a cure precasted and I am about to start my dump via explosion, I’ll fake a meditation. This is done by dropping the explosion on the target, meditating for [1] tick, and then resuming the combo. In most cases, the opponent will either meditate himself or start his offense when they hear my meditation.

[NOTE!] – When your opponent meditates, cast poison and run up to them so that they start to defend. When they do, meditate, and you've just broken their meditation without punching (punching an opponents med is disrespectful). It also keeps them guessing to when you're really going to attack.

5X HOTKEYS & ABBREVIATIONS – (v)

Good hotkeys saves you time, effort, and are situated around your warmode hotkey.

[NOTE!] – My fake spell word hotkeys are always the same letter, but combined with CTRL. I will only post the first fake spell word to save space.

Q: Fireball (FB)
CTRL + Q: Fake Fireball (a macro that types the spell words but does not cast the actual spell)
W: Lightning (Lit)
E: Explosion (Xplo)
ALT + E: Mindblast (MB)
R: Energy Bolt (EB)
T: Weaken
Y: Clumsy
U: Feeblemind
S: Mini-Heal (Heal)
D: Greater Heal (GHeal)
F: Flamestrike (FS)
G: Strength
H: Agility
J: Cunning
Z: Magic Arrow (MA)
X: Harm
C: Cure
V: Poison
ESC: Disarm + Meditation + End Macro
SPACE: Arm/Disarm + Cancel Target Cursor
MIDDLE MOUSE BUTTON PRESSED: Set Last Target
SHIFT + MOUSE WHEEL UP: Attack Last Target
MOUSEWHEEL UP: Target Last
MOUSEWHEEL DOWN: Target Self
1: Zombie Mode

COMBOS – (vi)
(Break = Poison Damage, > = Attached spells fast casted (prepped), >> = Gap between spells but fast casted (i.e. Explo >> Fake Poison Word, FS), Assumes opponent is weakened & clumsied)

[NOTE!] – Combos are rarely performed perfectly. When you get to know the timing of spells, you improvise your own combos depending on what the situation demands.

[XPLO1]:
Xplo >> Poison, MA > MA, Break, MA > MA, Clumsy, Break, Punch, MA > MA, Break, EB

[XPLO2]:
Xplo >> Poison, Harm > Harm >> Break, Harm > Harm, Break, Poison > Harm, Lit

[XPLO3]:
Xplo, Disrupt Poison, Xplo, Poison, MA, Clumsy, Break, MA, Punch, MA, Break, MA, Lit, Lit

[XPLO4/THE HANGOVER]:
Xplo > CunningOpponent, Poison, Punch, MA, Break, MB, Poison, MB, Poison, MB

[XPLO5/DOUBLE RAINBOW]:
CunningSelf, Full Mana, Xplo >> Fake Poison Word, FS, Poison, Punch, FS, Harm, Harm

[XPLO6/ERICS RAGE]:
Xplo > Poison > MA > MA >> Break, Late MA >> Punch, Lit >> Break, Lit, EB

[PUNCH1]:
Poison >> Punch , MA > MA >> Break, MA > MA, Clumsy, Break, Punch, MA > MA, Break, Lit, Lit

[PUNCH2]:
Poison >> Punch, Harm > Harm >> Break, Harm > Harm, Break, Poison > Harm, Lit

[AUTOPUNCH1/SIG ZAG]:
25 Dex, Full Stam, Poison >> Punch, MA > MA >> Break, MA >> Autopunch, MA >> Break, MA > MA, Clumsy, Break, Autopunch, Lit, Lit

[AUTOPUNCH2/HADOUKEN]:
Poison >> Punch, FB, Harm, Break, Harm, Clumsy, Autopunch, Break, Harm, Poison, EB

VIDEOS – (vii)

5x Videos:
veoh.com/group/ultima-online--uogamerscom

Re: Art of 5x

THANK YOU

Mods:
Moving this to guides with haste

Gold Witch:
Being my friend, Timing, I hope you do good in school friend!!

Stricken:
Challenger Gump

Modesty:
Combo Structure

Spooj:
Being my friend, Lit abbreviation, He also has a big bowser sticker in his bathroom (lol)

Eric:
ERICS RAGE combo

Sig:
SIG ZAG combo

Constructive criticism welcomed, and will edit accordingly.​

Code Blue

Knight

Rikomi

This is the greatest thing you have posted ever!

I love 5xing but i suck at it you can ask anyone!

The explainations of the "ticks" is great

+99999999999

zerot

Sorceror

Rikomi-hybrid;2031251 said:

COMBOS – (vi)
(Break = Poison Damage, Assumes opponent is weakened & clumsied)

[MA TURRET]:
Explo, Poison, MA, MA, Break, MA, MA, Clumsy, Break, Punch, MA, MA, Break, Lightning, Lightning

[MA TURRET PUNCH]:
Poison, Punch, MA, MA, Break, MA, MA, Clumsy, Break, Punch, MA, MA, Break, Lightning, Lightning

[HARM SNARE]:
Explo, Poison, Harm, Harm, Break, Harm, Harm, Break, Poison, Harm, Lightning

[HARM SNARE Punch]:
Poison, Punch, Harm, Harm, Break, Harm, Harm, Break, Poison, Harm, Lightning

[DOUBLE EXPLO]:
Explo, Disrupt Poison, Explo, Poison, MA, Clumsy, Break, MA, Punch, MA, Break, MA, Poison, EB

[MINDBLASTER]:
Explo, Cunning, Poison, MA, Punch, Break, Mindblast, Poison, Mindblast, Poison, Mindblast

[WALL OF FIRE]:
Cunningself, Full Mana, Explo, Fake Poison Word, FS, Poison, Punch, FS, Harm

[HADOUKEN]
Poison, Punch, Fireball, Harm, Break, Harm, Clumsy, Autopunch, Break, Harm, Poison, EB

[ERICS RAGE]
HULK SMASH!! (To be continued because eric’s stingy)

[TRIPLE EXPLO]
Explo, Fake Med, Explo, Explo, Punch, Poison, MA, MA, Break, EB, Lightning

[FOODED]
Explo, Poison, MA, MA, Break, Punch, Harm, Harm, Break, Poison, Punch, Harm, Early 2 Tile Harm, Create Food

It's good to note that when you are saying "Punch, MA, MA" that the First MA is prepped while the opponent's cure is disrupted by the nox tick. Then while holding the MA cursor punch the first cure then MA MA (fast casting). I know YOU know this, but the way it's posted it seems like you do it in that exact order, which we both know you don't.

MY HOTKEYS (if anyone is curious)

1 - Heal
2 - Greater Heal
3 - Cure
4 - Clear Target Queue
q - Weaken
w - Clumsy
e - Lightning
r - Set Last Target
t - Flamestrike
a - Poison
s - Explosion
d - Energy Bolt
f - Attack Last
z - Mind Blast (lol :p)
x - Harm
c - Magic Arrow
v - Fireball
Mouse Wheel Up - Candle/Disrupt
Mouse Wheel Down - Target Self
Mouse Click on the Left Side - Target Last

Spooj you just gained 1 million experience points by reading this. Your level is almost high enough for a rematch against the boss of UO.

Aitne

Page

the horse men.[tHm];2031268 said:
Tactics in 5x is stupid...Thus making it 6x, not 5x.

already is 6x :) for those who have anatomy, tactics makes it the 7x

and yes good guide, only hope to still duel you heh

I would add to this thread. A must have is the AUTO RUN feature in the Options Tab of your Paperdoll. Walking during duels just does NOT cut it.