UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Best Sword type for PVP? POLL

Which sword type is generally BEST for killing PEOPLE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Little Owl

Wanderer
The skinning knife, butcher knife, and cleaver might be worth your interest. I'd have to run tests to see if the weapon speeds are the same or better than the katana for this UO time period. At least they drop with magic properties now.

crikey

Sorceror
The skinning knife, butcher knife, and cleaver might be worth your interest. I'd have to run tests to see if the weapon speeds are the same or better than the katana for this UO time period. At least they drop with magic properties now.
Weelllll SHIT, I forgot those in my poll :(

but yeah do some tests! I have a small stash of these poisoned and ready to go
Crikey_5-6_19.18.jpg

Vizeroth

Sorceror
Broadsword.

Can be poisoned, swings at a decent speed.

And it also ignores a certain amount of armor.

So does the warfork.
And you know this...how? Did you do any sort of test?
Didnt know about the armor ignore thing. You seem to know about everything dragonslayer. Very knowledgeable
Jesus, dude. Show at least an ounce of skepticism when someone tells you something.

crikey

Sorceror
And you know this...how? Did you do any sort of test?

Jesus, dude. Show at least an ounce of skepticism when someone tells you something.
I didn't think it was something he would make up. If he is wrong, fuck it. Still gonna use warforks anyways lol

I'll be honest here: even when I am skeptical of what someone says, I go along with it anyways. I appreciate good story telling :)

About 5 years ago I had a neighbor, Jimmy, who was an older dude I bought weed from sometimes. We would kick back in his yard and blaze one sometimes.
Man....Jimmy came up with the most outrageous stories. His favorite was telling me how he was a master martial artist. He told me he went to China, and to get his "red belt" he had to KILL his opponent in combat XD. This is just one outrageous thing Jimmy told me, and actually said it like it was true.
He once told me he was fishing using one of them 3 pointed hooks, said he caught TWO fish at once XD. So I decided to try somethng.
About 3 weeks later I told him during fishing the day before, I caught THREE LOBSTERS at once on my hook.

Wouldnt you know, about a month later, he tells me he had caught FOUR LOBSTERS on a hook at once?!?!?!

I miss ol Jim. Died of a heart attack a few years ago. Was at the store playing KENO and dropped dead

The moral of the story is, if you catch someone talking bullshit, you can call them out, and shut em down, and it all ends there. Or, you can play along, and get some funny converstation going for many years :)

You may be skeptical Vizeroth, but the story I just told is absolutely TRUE

Little Owl

Wanderer
Well, I ran the tests.
100 stamina - Katana - swing delay ~ 1.31 sec
120 stamina - Katana - swing delay ~ 1.20 sec
100 stamina - cleaver, skinning knife, butcher knife, hatchet (two hander with concussion potential) - swing delay ~ 1.90 sec
120 stamina - cleaver, skinning knife, butcher knife, hatchet (two hander with concussion potential) - swing delay ~ 1.73 sec

I didn't test damage and all that cause I don't plan on making a swords character ever again. Looks like the cleaver and all that didn't get adjusted for the better until after Age of Shadows. I think the katana is the best choice for disruption for a swordsman, depending on your playstyle. It's also nice to know what spells you can cast in between swings for a mage if you time it right.

crikey

Sorceror
Well, I ran the tests.
100 stamina - Katana - swing delay ~ 1.31 sec
120 stamina - Katana - swing delay ~ 1.20 sec
100 stamina - cleaver, skinning knife, butcher knife, hatchet (two hander with concussion potential) - swing delay ~ 1.90 sec
120 stamina - cleaver, skinning knife, butcher knife, hatchet (two hander with concussion potential) - swing delay ~ 1.73 sec

I didn't test damage and all that cause I don't plan on making a swords character ever again. Looks like the cleaver and all that didn't get adjusted for the better until after Age of Shadows. I think the katana is the best choice for disruption for a swordsman, depending on your playstyle. It's also nice to know what spells you can cast in between swings for a mage if you time it right.
played a server like 15 years ago, where one of the best weapons was a skinning knife

could never get my hands on one....the 2 or 3 people who used them, youd need a small army of 10 people to kill these fucks....

Vizeroth

Sorceror
Just go try it.
You also get a damage modifier to poisoned targets, so a dp warfork or broadsword will do even MORE damage, in addition to it's armor piercing.
In other words, you have done no credible tests, you have no sources for your claims, and you've come to these conclusions based on nothing but simple observation. What a shock that a UO player would reason in this manner.

Last edited:
In other words, you have done no credible tests, you have no sources for your claims, and you've come to these conclusions based on nothing but simple observation. What a shock that a UO player would reason in this manner.
No matter how sour you try to be, no matter how much others may hate you, no matter how much you may hate us.

Just understand this, I value you as a player, as a human, and as a pvp'r.