UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Best Tamer-Bard template?

- Kurt -

Wanderer
Best Tamer-Bard template?

Hello ppl, im new in this shard, and i found it cool. I have a mage/inscribe, but find the need for a tamer... Im thinking on this template, but imnt good with tamers, so, i need ur help...

Animal Taming
Animal Lore
Veterinary (all this from Taming part)

Musicanship
Peacemaking
Discordance (from the bard part)

And the last skill:

Magery OR
Chival OR
Provocation...

Well, if anyone knows a better template, just tell me...

bb!

LaRue

Squire
Re: Best Tamer-Bard template?

I wouldn't do discord but eval and magery.. but that is a template I am comfortable with.. good luck

IBCI

Wanderer

Depends on what you plan to use magery for. If just recalling around and the like you can keep it low to take some of those skills over 100 (The music ones get a huge booste from hitting 120.) With Peace and Disco you probably wouldn't need the magery healing for your pets at all, and 40-60 magery will be enough for self heals and arch cure on yourself when rarely needed. I prefer disco over magery due to the fact that your pet's do more damage on the discorded monster than the damage you could add with magery on most occasions, so I'd ignore eval. Also Discording a monster first will make it easier to peace, which is an added benefit of having both skills. Just my two cents....

Iceheart

Wanderer

Personally, I'm aiming for the following template:
120 Taming, 120 Lore, 120 Vet, 120 Peacemaking, 120 Music, and 100 Magery.

I very rarely use magery for blasting with my build so far, so I dropped GM eval in favor of scrolled skills.

Just pretty much think of yourself as a taxi+hospital, its your job to get the pet there and then let it do all the magery work while you keep it healed and alive.

I haven't completed the template yet(need scrolls and such), but it's awesome fun and I never really have a problem with killing my usual game(white wyrms, cyclops, titans) with my pets. The trouble comes when your attention slips and you're not putting full concentration on pet healing. If your pets aren't bonded it can be a slight pain, having to gate them everywhere, but if they are bonded, then you could probably drop magery a little and pick up some meditation or something else, as long as you keep enough magery to recall. I'm not gonna do it, but you -could-. *snicker*

- Kurt -

Wanderer

LaRue;606973 said:
I wouldn't do discord but eval and magery.. but that is a template I am comfortable with.. good luck

Thanxs for the answer, but i dont see why use eval. Maybe magery, but why eval? If i dont use spells, only my pets to attack.

IBCI;606982 said:
Depends on what you plan to use magery for. If just recalling around and the like you can keep it low to take some of those skills over 100 (The music ones get a huge booste from hitting 120.) With Peace and Disco you probably wouldn't need the magery healing for your pets at all, and 40-60 magery will be enough for self heals and arch cure on yourself when rarely needed. I prefer disco over magery due to the fact that your pet's do more damage on the discorded monster than the damage you could add with magery on most occasions, so I'd ignore eval. Also Discording a monster first will make it easier to peace, which is an added benefit of having both skills. Just my two cents....

Thanks for ur answer...

Im only'll use magery for recall, gate, heal, cure, and resurrect.

But maybe discordance is more usefull in the day a day... The champs can be discorded too...

Iceheart;607012 said:
Personally, I'm aiming for the following template:
120 Taming, 120 Lore, 120 Vet, 120 Peacemaking, 120 Music, and 100 Magery.

I very rarely use magery for blasting with my build so far, so I dropped GM eval in favor of scrolled skills.

Just pretty much think of yourself as a taxi+hospital, its your job to get the pet there and then let it do all the magery work while you keep it healed and alive.

I haven't completed the template yet(need scrolls and such), but it's awesome fun and I never really have a problem with killing my usual game(white wyrms, cyclops, titans) with my pets. The trouble comes when your attention slips and you're not putting full concentration on pet healing. If your pets aren't bonded it can be a slight pain, having to gate them everywhere, but if they are bonded, then you could probably drop magery a little and pick up some meditation or something else, as long as you keep enough magery to recall. I'm not gonna do it, but you -could-. *snicker*

Thanxs for ur answer.

Ur right, if the pet isnt bonded, i cant travel with it... This is a real problem... In fact, if im going to use pet, i will bonded it before, for the risk of lost it...

Probably i will use:

Animal taming 120
Animal lore 120
Veterinary 120

Musicanship 120
Peacemaking 120

And not sure on animal lore on 120... Maybe on 100 and disco on 120... I dont know what is better...

Txs to all!

bb

IBCI

Wanderer

Discordance is nice for champs and the like because it only has a 1 second delay after use. In the time you provoke two monster or peace one you can discordance ten. It also matches well with other bard skills because after discordancing a monster it becomes quite a bit easier to provoke and peace. Animal Lore from 100 to 120 will increase your vets by a few HP per bandaid, but monsters will be doing something like 10% less damage when discorded with 120 vs 100. ( Discordance lowers resists and skills by 20% at GM, 28% at Legendary. 5% or so less on bosses and anything with Barding Difficulty of 160.) Let's say you have two balrons coming at you, you can discord them both quickly, peace one, kill the remainder and then it's just clean up on the peaced.

Joey-demise

Sorceror

I use a Bard tamer with the following template in mind

120 taming, 120 lore, 120 vet, 120 music, 120 <music skill> 100 magery.

I use soul stones to swap out the <music skill> depending on what I am doing.

When doing normal hunting disco is by far the best. With 120 disco and a greater dragon I can kill the skeletal drags in ilsh faster than I can loot them. I can kill the balrons in less than 30 seconds, etc. The paragons are a breeze with that setup as well.

When taming I swap to peace. I use that for getting Hiryus and GDragons for selling, or for friends.

Finally I use provo when I feel like killing some yamandons, or going champing. (Although as BC Stated Disco may be better for that anyway.)

If you don't plan to soul stone I would definitely recommend using disco, and have an alt character on another account with peacing to help tame the big pets.

Good luck.

LaRue

Squire

I have learned alot from this post.. thank you all ... Im old school I quit UO went Mondain Legacy came out.. so I guess templates have changed..

- Kurt -

Wanderer

LaRue;607546 said:
I have learned alot from this post.. thank you all ... Im old school I quit UO went Mondain Legacy came out.. so I guess templates have changed..

In fact, i did the same thing.... And yes, i learned a lot too.

Thank u all for the answers!

basicly if ur doing a lot of taming to get ur perfect pet or to sell pets peacemaking is nice. if ur fighting paragons or doing gauntlet discord is the way to go. provoke has its uses but isnt as usefull as peace or discord overall for a tamer. once more ml items come out it will be easier to get + skill items to pull two scrolled out bard skills on a tamer.

- Kurt -

Wanderer

prohunter33;608188 said:
basicly if ur doing a lot of taming to get ur perfect pet or to sell pets peacemaking is nice. if ur fighting paragons or doing gauntlet discord is the way to go. provoke has its uses but isnt as usefull as peace or discord overall for a tamer. once more ml items come out it will be easier to get + skill items to pull two scrolled out bard skills on a tamer.

Im not sure if im going to sell pets... Probably a lot of paragon or doom... But in order to get a nice pet, i must tame a lot... and for tame, need eacemaking... so, its a circle... Probably use peace at first, and disco then...

Thanks for ur answer!

- Kurt -

Wanderer

I.P.Knightly;608638 said:

The last time i used Disco in a champ, it take me a lot of time until i can discord Barra. It seems that the barding difficulty depends on the mob HP, so, when barra was on the half of the hp, then i could disco him...

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

- Kurt -;608639 said:
The last time i used Disco in a champ, it take me a lot of time until i can discord Barra. It seems that the barding difficulty depends on the mob HP, so, when barra was on the half of the hp, then i could disco him...

My " for now " comment was for the ability to use discordance every second.That skill is not working right in many different ways it is broken

http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122146

- Kurt -

Wanderer

In fact, on other shard, i used discord as here, but i never used on OSI, so, i dont know the "original" way...

mofu

Page

alot of bard soulstone , peace discor and provoke, it'a a good idea for use provoke if u bringing your tamer for a champ run

lvl3 to 4 is a win with provoke

Muggz

Sorceror

my new bard is 110 tame 110 lore 110 vet 110 music 110 discord 100 mage 95 med

IBCI

Wanderer

Problem with that is you basically need 120's to have any chance against boss types or anything else with 160 barding difficulty.(Only thing other than a boss that comes to mind is Yamandons.) I guess 110 would be enough for hunting everything up to para balrons or so though. Also, Meditation is a laddered skill and so it only matters in steps of 10, basically meaning there is no difference between 90 and 95 (9 mana regen) Anyways, I'd do 75 Mage, 100 Med, 120 Music, 120 Discord in that build above. Also, I notice the skills equal 745, are you using skill jewels?

i would change magery and med ur likely using a -0 mage weapon so 105 magery 70 med would make more sence.