UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

"Bugs & Fixes" forum organizing

"Bugs & Fixes" forum organizing

The bug fix area would be more organized if it were sectionalized to the different expansions so we can have a better idea of where the fix/update came from. For example:

Pre-AoS:

AoS:

Post-AoS:

SE:

KR:

ML:

and so on.....

This is merely a suggestion but I feel this could help the update process greatly.

psz

Administrator
Re: "Bugs & Fixes" forum organizing

Look in the Information Thread.

It has a list of which publishes the "eras" start and stop on.

glxwill;603617 said:
The bug fix area would be more organized if it were sectionalized to the different expansions so we can have a better idea of where the fix/update came from. For example:

Pre-AoS:

AoS:

Post-AoS:

SE:

KR:

ML:

and so on.....

This is merely a suggestion but I feel this could help the update process greatly.
KR was scrapped.

ah, my mistake, then it should look more like this:

Pre-AoS

AoS

SE

ML

I still think it's a good idea to sectionalize it in this manner though.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Sectionalizing only causes more for people to go through which means we'd be lowering activity and what is seen.

Another reason to not split it is that there is no value in it. It is not that we are trying to fix the pre-aos first and nothing ML now.... It all needs fixed. The only thing getting fully deferred is ML items that require the crafting or boss quests/items. Everything else is fair game.

It is up to each person during validation to identify the era the fix is for.

So, splitting it up more than it already is, in my opinion, pure overkill.

But by sectionalizing them, it's more organized and we can do the fixes from the earlier publishes first to the more recent one's afterwards.

This should also cause less problems for when we update to ML.

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin

glxwill;603842 said:
But by sectionalizing them, it's more organized and we can do the fixes from the earlier publishes first to the more recent one's afterwards.

This should also cause less problems for when we update to ML.

As LC just stated said, we are NOT doing them in any particular order. That would only stifle the progress as some people only want to work on specific things. You have to remember that everyone is volunteering here. Forcing them to work on specific projects is not going to accomplish anything as most people would just quit.

uome

Bug Hunter

I would rather see unhandled reports closed for a few weeks just so we can catch up on some of the ones that have been there gathering dust for a while :p

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

I've been trying to keep an eye on those that are falling behind and pulling them up as a reminder they need fixed. I don't think the forum needs closed since most of the people reporting the problems aren't the coders (good percentage, not all) - but we definitely have several that could use some coder attention :)

Caine

uome;603894 said:
I would rather see unhandled reports closed for a few weeks just so we can catch up on some of the ones that have been there gathering dust for a while :p

If you would work faster it wouldn't be an issue ;)

uome

Bug Hunter

Caine;603903 said:
If you would work faster it wouldn't be an issue ;)
ok i had that one coming didn't i :(
*blows dust off keyboard*

Caine

uome;603908 said:
ok i had that one coming didn't i :(
*blows dust off keyboard*

But really, everyone who is coding and testing is doing a great job. It may seem like things are piling up or getting behind but they aren't. We have no deadlines nor will we set any. This is a volunteer project and we will continue to try to get as much done as we can on a week by week basis.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

I am 100% behind Caine on that statement - we are getting more reports, but we are getting a lot fixed too... its a big undertaking and those who are working on it are doing a great job.

I would say to show progress, at the end of the week - just take a look at the READY forum. There are plenty of things going into it which is fantastic. There are already 10 sitting there for the next update and we still have 3 days to go (there are others that are just sitting out the timer that'll move in there before Saturday)

LadyCrimson;603933 said:
I am 100% behind Caine on that statement - we are getting more reports, but we are getting a lot fixed too... its a big undertaking and those who are working on it are doing a great job.

Not to mention, if I am not mistaken, the number of new reports looks like decreasing - that would mean we are discovering quite everything!

Would be nice to make a graph about number of new reports per day and see if we already reached the peak or we have still to reach it. I think I'll have a bit of fun in a spreadsheet :)

psz

Administrator

Whether we get 200 fixes in a week, or 2 fixes in a month, it makes no difference.

We're getting fixes ;->

Instead, I'd vote for a tag [INFOS REQUIRED] or similar, to use in the Testing/Development section.

Why? Because many people (including me) don't look to [IN DEVELOPMENT] threads because they say "Oh well, it's handled so let's wait", but sometimes the development is stucked due to lack of information.

What about?

psz

Administrator

If there's TESTING, then there's no wait: IT NEEDS TO BE TESTED. By as many people as possible.

If it's IN DEVELOPMENT, it means "It's not ready enough to be tested... May need Help with this one"