UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Cant run on Win 7 64 bit!!!

Atalius

Sorceror
I have Windows 7 64 bit with .net framework 4. It will not allow me to install .net framework 2.

I have UO Version 7.0.25.0

When I run razor and point it to D:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic
and choose UO Gamers Hybrid server it throws this error:

System.ArgumentException: The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UTF-8)' fallback 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
Parameter name: chars
at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow()
at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow(DecoderNLS decoder, Boolean nothingDecoded)
at System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, DecoderNLS baseDecoder)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, Boolean flush)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex, Boolean flush)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.InternalReadOneChar()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.Read()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.PeekChar()
at Ultima.StringList..ctor(String language)
at Assistant.Language.LoadCliLoc()
at Assistant.Engine.Main(String[] Args)​
Any ideas about how to get this thing running? It is running in windows xp compatibility mode and running as admin...

Barnicoat

Knight
Reinstall UO/Razor. Or at least that's what I do when I don't know what's happening lol.

If you're going to, make sure to backup profiles and macros. Also delete the razor/uo folders that are in other places, not just program files.

crikey

Sorceror
Atalius how many of your comrades harassed you to come back? ;)

You were fun to hang out with back months and months ago.....

Makes me sad our guilds are bitter enemies and we will have to fight. All in good fun tho

Atalius

Sorceror
hahahaha Crikey few people told me some guild was back that I used to kill a lot so I am coming back rofl!!!! Yea man is all fun, gotta get this damn thing running on my new computer though.

Yes I have reinstalled it several times. I I have also tried to cancel the patch midway through to try to path it to 6.0 something but seems to not work correctly. Wish I could find an install that is just version 6 something without patching. what folders are you talking about that arent in program files?

crikey

Sorceror
hahahaha Crikey few people told me some guild was back that I used to kill a lot so I am coming back rofl!!!! Yea man is all fun, gotta get this damn thing running on my new computer though.

Yes I have reinstalled it several times. I I have also tried to cancel the patch midway through to try to path it to 6.0 something but seems to not work correctly. Wish I could find an install that is just version 6 something without patching. what folders are you talking about that arent in program files?

For the longest time, I thought you had NCD all your characters, siince your usually on aim. I truely did have you in my thoughts from time to time.
When I first started, attempting in vain to pk on a solo red, you were one of the first (shaq fu being the first) who actually teamed up with a random red instead of destroying him. Thats OG uo right there. Now, all colors are fair game it seems....
We need this man on honor to return. Somebody help this guy

Barnicoat

Knight
Well, there will be a UO folder in 'Documents'. Also razor folders in the Appdata folder. And then the normal files in Program Files. Just backup profiles and macros before you wipe it all

Atalius

Sorceror
hahahaha thats great!! lol I'll be back soon

Thanks I'll get on that tomorrow and ake sure to delete errythang and maybe it will work when I reinstall.

Atalius

Sorceror
Alright well I give up with Razor, I think it is more the problem than the UO client.

I am now trying Sallos and I can open Sallos and login and see my characters and all that, but when I choose the character I want to logon with I receive this error after UO client opens:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'd:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Ultima Online 2D Client\GumpIdx.mul'.
File name: 'd:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Ultima Online 2D Client\GumpIdx.mul'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at PlayUO.Gumps.LoadIndexFromData()
at PlayUO.Gumps.LoadIndex()
at PlayUO.Gumps..ctor()
at PlayUO.Engine.MainA(String[] Args)
at PlayUO.Engine.Main(String[] args)

any ideas where I can get this GumpIdx.mul file or what it is?

Atalius

Sorceror
Yea I got Sallos working now after stopping when it said 6.08
Now my problem is I hate Sallos and want to use Razor lol
Can't seem to get razor working for some reason

Smokeuog

Sorceror
Are you installing it in your programfiles 86x or regular program files? 1 is for 32bit programs the other is for 64.. I'm running fine having uo installed in my 32 bit program files on win 7 ultimate idk if your still having this problem or not or if this will fix it but worth a shot

Atalius

Sorceror
Well I got it now!!! My only problem is I cant patch passed 5.0 for some reason, UO Patch gives an error but I am able to use UO RAZOR so wtfever! I am back bitches!

Atalius

Sorceror
Thanks Death to you!!!
I got it working with that client.
problem is, now when I play my razor does not show the icons of the reagents or potions or aids or anything just the numbers.
How do I get this fixed? my UO client is now 7.0.26.5