UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Carpentry, thy road to grandmaster

Carpentry, thy road to grandmaster

Ok people...sit down and relax.

Let's start with listening only to me and not to other know-it-alls. I bring you the fastest and cheapest way to grandmaster the art of Carpentry. First we will discuss what we need.

25K boards (can be done with a bit less, but we want to be on the safe side)
3000 cloth (trust me on this one)
A tailoring skill of 40 (buy tailoring and train it up, it will make a big difference and you can always ditch the skill later)
Lots of carpentry tools to gm with.

Okay, now for the actual log to grandmaster

0 to xx.x Buy the skill. Highest skill bought will be around 33.0
xx.x to 42.1 Medium crates.
42.1 to 47.3 Trinsic chairs. they are 2 boards cheaper than Vesper chairs)
47.3 to 60.X Ballot box deeds. Only 5 boards, so we will take advantage of it.
60.x to 68.4 Wooden shields. Sell them for cash.
68.4 to 80.x Fishing poles. Will take 40 Tailoring BUT only 5 cloth and 5 boards. Sell these for cash to a fisherman
80.x to GM Gnarled staves. Also sell these for cash

Thank you for listening, and have fun with your new GM Carpenter

Alderon

Andzx

Wanderer
I take that 25k of boards, that is for a newly made char...

I spent 30k of board to train carpentery from ~30%...to 74%. My crafty char has ~600% of all skills together. So this isnt the same for all chars. I might need like 120k of boards :p...

Uhm, my character already had GM Mining, GM Blacksmithy, GM Tailor, 60 tinkering, 34 chivalry and 45 musicianship....and some more..so i had like close to 500 skillpoints already allocated. Not a new character at all.

I specifically waited with training carpentry so i could make a more accurate log. Because only a few crafters actually start with carpentry and most of us pick it up along the road.

Even with maxed out points i believe only 30-35k max of wood is needed. I did it like this and tried to maximize my gains. Hmmm. Either the RNG (Random Number Generator ;) ) gave me a break, or bit you in the behind

Alderon

it only takes 10k ingots to gm Smithing from 50 to 100 if you make it a new char...(at new char... only 100 total skill to begin with. and if you resmelt...)

as for carpentry, it takes about 15k...(almost the same as you "Aldy"...if you are the real alderon...*Cries...Misses him.*..) from starting 50 to 100 (at new char... only 100 total skill to begin with.)

but yeah, thats pretty close.

the list of items to make.

Very good guides thanks guys!

Ya know I cant even remember when I gmed all the skills here ..... sad isnt it.

It was fun sitting and talking on TS and in chat while whiling away the boards etc *sighs*

Jodin

Wanderer
68.4 to 80.x Fishing poles. Will take 40 Tailoring BUT only 5 cloth and 5 boards. Sell these for cash to a fisherman

Good strategy, but if you have UO SE I suggest:

After Ballot Box, craft Bokutos up to 92 I think (6 boards each)
Then go with Gnarled Staves (6 boards too)

so I started at 50
I made Ballot Box (5 boards each)
then Bokutos (6 boards each)
Then Gnarled Staves (6 boards each)

I GMed Carpentry in a few hours, and I did chop my own wood

Andzx

Wanderer
The Mysterious Stranger said:
it only takes 10k ingots to gm Smithing from 50 to 100 if you make it a new char...(at new char... only 100 total skill to begin with. and if you resmelt...)

as for carpentry, it takes about 15k...(almost the same as you "Aldy"...if you are the real alderon...*Cries...Misses him.*..) from starting 50 to 100 (at new char... only 100 total skill to begin with.)

but yeah, thats pretty close.

the list of items to make.
Actualy it takes 7800ingts 50 - GM smithy with a 100% total skill.

If you use warlocker3 method in CEOTurbo smithy, the items you craft have to be specific to use only 7800 inhots, that was what I ment...

Re: Carpentry, thy road to grandmaster

Thanks for the guide. =) I was gonna use CEOTurboTailor, but it wasn't working with the new EUO so I did this with a little help from Razor.

It took me exactly 19609 boards and almost 60 NPC purchased nails.

Oaks

Knight

Getheborn;291470 said:
how i get 25k boards ? or where i can buy them...

Either chop trees for logs using an axe and turn them into boards using any carpentry tool (saws etc.) or buy them from npc carpenters (i think, just have a look in carpenter shops) or other players.

swazzy

Wanderer

I think we should get 50 skill point in carpentry when we customize our houses.