UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - January 3, 2015

Suzy

Hybrid Staff Member
Staff member
The following changes will take effect during server wars tonight:
  • Faction vendors are now freely passable by players and NPCs. This will prevent them from being used to block the new faction base entrances, as well as place guard turrets right outside them.
Minor fixes:
  • Fixed incorrect label on veteran reward robes and cloaks. (They give +2 AR, not +3!)
  • Fixed names on dolphin rugs, and renamed pirate rugs to skull rugs.
  • Fixed the graphic of the pink "Event Pro" statue available from the Event League vendor.
  • Fixed an issue with players becoming stuck in the emote delay.
Also, the alternate login address has been updated. If you are experiencing difficulty connecting to Hybrid, you should try logging into login2.uogamers.com instead (on port 2593). :)

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
So basically, you remove the usability of guards and remove the power of the faction that owns the town.
I love it when nonpvpers/nonfactions players make pvp/faction decisions and changes!!

Don't make assumptions.

There is nothing noble about turreting and nothing about using guards to block bases is strategic. The point of the guards is to provide a little extra firepower on an as needed basis, not to be the sole protector of a base. People are going to bitch no matter what we do but if you go back and look through the page logs of the server two of the top pvp complaints we get on pages are guard turrets and "multi client pvp".

Its an integral part of strategically guarding a faction base. With guards mindlessly wandering around they become increasingly useless. Owning a town should give strategic benefits. One of the next two options will result.
1) people will start using candleabra's/boxes to continue turreting (because its the only way to make guards useful)
Until a GM randomly pops in with a new rule on town guards.
2) silver in towns will never be used and towns will start to accumulate ungodly amounts of it.

If you're going to make it where guards will wander around, atleast give us some spawner range or something.

I can't tell you how many times a staff member has popped into a faction base (while we were guarding it) and made up new rules as to how we can guard the base. At first it was no candleabra's. Then it was ok to use candles as long as ghosts could escape. Then it was made where you could block ghosts because they could "help stuck" out. Then it was no using vendors to block high traffic entrances. Then it was no using vendors to block ANY entrances. Then it was no using vendors to block guards. Then it was no using vendors to turret guards. Now its just no guards.

Having rules to what we can do with what is fine. But when the rule changes depending on what staff member is online that day can be frustrating.

White Lotus

Sorceror
Well if i remember years back there was a sign posted at the front of TB base that said turreting is illegal no matter how you do it....then it got removed for a while and then replaced by Ryan back when craig was staff. So as far as i know it was always illegal anyway but certain staff didnt enforce the rules or i guess in your case didnt no how to enforce the rule. I mean turreting is illegal is kind of vague when there are so many ways to trap guards and make that happen.

Code Blue

Knight
Its an integral part of strategically guarding a faction base. With guards mindlessly wandering around they become increasingly useless. Owning a town should give strategic benefits. One of the next two options will result.
1) people will start using candleabra's/boxes to continue turreting (because its the only way to make guards useful)
Until a GM randomly pops in with a new rule on town guards.
2) silver in towns will never be used and towns will start to accumulate ungodly amounts of it.

If you're going to make it where guards will wander around, atleast give us some spawner range or something.

I can't tell you how many times a staff member has popped into a faction base (while we were guarding it) and made up new rules as to how we can guard the base. At first it was no candleabra's. Then it was ok to use candles as long as ghosts could escape. Then it was made where you could block ghosts because they could "help stuck" out. Then it was no using vendors to block high traffic entrances. Then it was no using vendors to block ANY entrances. Then it was no using vendors to block guards. Then it was no using vendors to turret guards. Now its just no guards.

Having rules to what we can do with what is fine. But when the rule changes depending on what staff member is online that day can be frustrating.
We used boxed candlebrellas all the time and never got in trouble for it but we were also there for 5 million hours while guarding sigs tbh I think it's for the better even if most hate it

Trevor

Knight
Its an integral part of strategically guarding a faction base. ..........

I agree with the spawn range. Otherwise they are pretty much useless. People will just lore them away to other parts of town and they will never come back.