UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - June 11, 2016

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
Insta hit is great.

On T2A servers.

This is a UO:R server.

I think having insta hit with conc blows and other damage bonus is an awful idea.

Sure, you can turn the option off but would you be willing to duel someone if they requested to turn off conc blows during duels?

Yeah, me and nesurit dueled for 2 hours last night with it toggled off, we also dueled with it turned on. Both were fun as shit, but he had archery so it was only fair to him. If that's the case then I think they shouldn't allow any magical armor, I dueled MULTIPLE people with invul armor and was doing 5 dmg a hit with a hally, without cuncussion it would have been pointless. Especially when reactive armor takes 30 hits to remove.

Last edited:
? You cant mana regenerate with hybrid armor so what's the advantage of a tamer having 60+ armor? all kill? i weared it for the look on my main char, and we used it on warrior to PVM not pvp..... Keep scrypting the paragons illegaly like you did with the thorns, next time we will take screen shots instead of droping you

this again, sad. i was not SCRIPTING, paragons. and you dont weared, you wear. and sorry i misspoke about mana cost, i meant dex. having a char with 100 hits, 100 mana, and 25 dex with 60+ AR is a disadvantage to a regular char who takes a hit from having high AR.
go to dungeons more, and i might see you there. i like hythloth and deceit. well see how you fare without hybrid armor.

Frank

Hybrid Staff Member
Thank you guys for supporting us in helping reinvigorate the UOGamers Hybrid community. A few thoughts on hybrid armor exchange rates and removing things from the game. Over time, imbalance occurs as part of the law of unintended consequences. Hybrid armor was one of those items, among other things that are still in play.

Restoring balance and making hybrid great again is the main focus for the changes that are being implemented. Many of us have been here since the beginning and want nothing more than to see Hybrid booming again, so keeping a positive attitude and staying constructive with ideas will help us compile them so that we can talk through them prior to implementation.

The Monk231

Wanderer
Yeah, me and nesurit dueled for 2 hours last night with it toggled off, we also dueled with it turned on. Both were fun as shit, but he had archery so it was only fair to him. If that's the case then I think they shouldn't allow any magical armor, I dueled MULTIPLE people with invul armor and was doing 5 dmg a hit with a hally, without cuncussion it would have been pointless. Especially when reactive armor takes 30 hits to remove.
30 hits huh & 5dmg damn. who was it you was attacking again a player or a staff member???

Vizeroth

Sorceror
Thank you guys for supporting us in helping reinvigorate the UOGamers Hybrid community. A few thoughts on hybrid armor exchange rates and removing things from the game. Over time, imbalance occurs as part of the law of unintended consequences. Hybrid armor was one of those items, among other things that are still in play.

Restoring balance and making hybrid great again is the main focus for the changes that are being implemented. Many of us have been here since the beginning and want nothing more than to see Hybrid booming again, so keeping a positive attitude and staying constructive with ideas will help us compile them so that we can talk through them prior to implementation.
It's fine that you're trying to make the game more balanced, but it's important to minimize the damage done in the wake of game changes. Hearthstone is an online card game that does this quite well: cards can be crafted with a resource that accumulates by recycling unwanted or excess cards. Whenever a card's strength is changed, players have the option to recycle the affected card at full crafting value so as to minimize their losses.

I'm not saying that we should all be cut a 200M check for our suit, but we should receive SOMETHING of that value, no? Are these Hybrid coins really going to be an equitable trade-off? I'm sure there's a way to compensate Hybrid plate owners that would be fair without damaging the economy.

After everything Ryan has said and done, I think it would be delusional to feel positive about how this situation is going to be handled, but I would welcome being wrong in my assessment.
Ryan said:
You players who are paying 200M for a suit of Hybrid Armor have lost your damn minds
Ryan said:
No one made the statement that "it's their own fault" [for investing so much gold in Hybrid plate], I simply made a statement that [Hybrid plate being blessed] is a bug, [even though we made it purchasable for a year and a half].
Ryan said:
No one is going to lose their armor, so your final statement is also false.
Ryan said:
...the only thing that matters is the 200M number and how bad we're "fucking people"... Am I really fucking people? Or did people fuck themselves for pixels? What makes them worth so much? Why would someone spend 200M of their hard earned pixels on Hybrid Plate?
Ryan said:
As for the black [kasas being sold for 50M], you're again making silly statements, I know they can be dyed black... I don't care. If someone sinks gold on them that's what matters.

Last edited:
People getting a 200m check cuz they have hybrid armor is insane to me.. people like melody have bought so many pieces for 4m each when she actually got hers.. I think they will hook u guys up on the hybrid coins and that alone is fair enough..

Montana

Hybrid Staff Member
I'm not saying that we should all be cut a 200M check for our suit, but we should receive SOMETHING of that value, no?
Sure. However, hybrid armor never sold on a vendor for 200,000,000gp. In fact it sold for 250,000 redeemable emblems per piece during a Clean Up Britain event.

Anywho, I digress. At the end of the day, hybrid armor was our mistake. We are making that right, part of that is not punishing players for taking advantage of our mistake. Personally, I err on the side of caution and lean heavily toward overcompensating players. ;)

Are these Hybrid coins really going to be an equitable trade-off?
We believe a hybrid coin compensation will be better than giving players 250,000 emblems.

Sure. However, hybrid armor never sold on a vendor for 200,000,000gp. In fact it sold for 250,000 redeemable emblems per piece during a Clean Up Britain event.

Anywho, I digress. At the end of the day, hybrid armor was our mistake. We are making that right, part of that is not punishing players for taking advantage of our mistake. Personally, I err on the side of caution and lean heavily toward overcompensating players. ;)

We believe a hybrid coin compensation will be better than giving players 250,000 emblems.
Years of allowing them to abuse bugged armor is compensation enough, in my opinion.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
This is akin to saying that if I stole your rare coin collection, I could compensate you for your loss by handing you a couple of dollars because, at some point, those coins were only worth their face value. No, those coins are clearly worth more than their original value, and you very likely paid much more than their original value to acquire them for yourself.

This is akin to saying that if I stole your rare coin collection, I could compensate you for your loss by handing you a couple of dollars because, at some point, those coins were only worth their face value. No, those coins are clearly worth more than their original value, and you very likely paid much more than their original value to acquire them for yourself.
Jeez dude they said they will compensate via hybrid coins...stop already...my god.

I still believe you were compensated greatly by just owning it. How many pieces were broken, while being blessed and highest AR + no dex loss. I think this exchange back into coins (although you don't even know what will be on there, maybe something just the same as it :( ) is very fair.

There is a reason the value rose so rapidly, and that is because of the instant benefit/value that was never used up. It's value never decreased during the time period making a pvp item/rare the item to own. You could always sell it to someone else for a profit imo. I would even go ahead and say to allow it to have almost the same attributes, but half dex loss + unblessed. That way you can at least use it in tournaments/events.

* I owned it back when it cost 5mil to buy per most pieces. I had the arms/plate helm/female chest, but I ended up selling for about 10 per piece. I wasn't a big dexxer, but I did like making money :)

Last edited: