UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - May 21, 2016 - Wands & more

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
Again,

You might get an ebolt sync off but won't be enough damage to kill someone with 125 str and you will never get an fs off with just reflect on if you are fighting a larger group.

So I have to play a scribe to pvp on the field?

Protection does nothing unless you have inscribe and reflect is basically worthless unless you are a scribe.
protection gives the ability to not interrupt without having inscribe.

and if opening up the field of usable templates is a bad thing in your eyes, then you have really been abusing wands to cover many of your flaws, and you're just making the argument against wands stronger.

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
protection gives the ability to not interrupt without having inscribe.

and if opening up the field of usable templates is a bad thing in your eyes, then you have really been abusing wands to cover many of your flaws, and you're just making the argument against wands stronger.

No it doesn't, put protection up on an alchy and you will still get disrupted every dump.

again,

This patch did NOTHING to help the problem with wands except make it so you can't add weaken to your dump.

You can still do automated wand syncs which is what everybody was bitching about.

So now if I get stunned in a 3V1 I should have no chance of being able to heal myself?

Yea that sounds balanced...

So now if I get stunned in a 3V1 I should have no chance of being able to heal myself?

Yea that sounds balanced...
so lets get this straight.

a group of 3 people set up a kill with a stun on 1 person. They sync on this person. The person should live because they brought a wand?

The group did everything right, thus they should get the kill.

Yes, this is balanced.

But.

if a group of 3 people bum rush 1 person using lightning wands while chasing this person for 20+ screens, only to finally land a kill because the solo person can't outheal their non avoidable or non mitigatable damage, without being stunned or paralyzed, then now its unbalanced, and unfun.

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
so lets get this straight.

a group of 3 people set up a kill with a stun on 1 person. They sync on this person. The person should live because they brought a wand?

The group did everything right, thus they should get the kill.

Yes, this is balanced.

But.

if a group of 3 people bum rush 1 person using lightning wands while chasing this person for 20+ screens, only to finally land a kill because the solo person can't outheal their non avoidable or non mitigatable damage, without being stunned or paralyzed, then now its unbalanced, and unfun.
If the 3 people can't land a good enough sync to finish the job then no they shouldn't get a free kill.

If the player is good enough to heal a 3 man sync he deserves a a chance to live.

If the 3 people can't land a good enough sync to finish the job then no they shouldn't get a free kill.

If the player is good enough to heal a 3 man sync he deserves a a chance to live.
your post mentions nothing of stuns, which is what your initial example provided.

It seems your problem isn't with wands, but your inability to believe that you can still live 1v3 ganks.

Lynyrd

Knight
Hey guys, please keep the comments related to the patch notes. If you want to have a discussion about some other forum of PvP please take it to those forums.
Also, stop insulting each other here flat out. Talk about the notes or do not post here at all.

Thanks.

lol the bank sitters say its a great pvp change.

The pvpers disagree

I love it lol
I've asked your every point to further explain yourself.

All I get from you is you want to use wands to break game play so you can live 1v3 regardless of anything. Wands do more damage to the small groups when used against them that outweigh any benefits they get from using them.

Montana

Hybrid Staff Member
Don't forget @Frank @Slowking @James and @Seer Duncan ! We all work as a team toward the common goal of making Hybrid great again. This patch is the first step in the right direction.

Please note that all constructive feedback will be reviewed by staff and we truly do listen to players opinions when they are properly expressed.

Lastly, we cannot thank YOU the players enough for your continued support of UOGamers: Hybrid. Your feedback, ideas, and gratitude fuel us everyday to construct a better server for current, former, and future players.

Outkast KBR

Traveler
I remember krrios Sanchen and the others with the inner circle.

Wands did not get big until around 2008.

This nigga is correct, I've played and pvped since day 1. Krioss and it's cheat client/wands are what KILLED the server. The numbers we had prior to all of these crutches the koreans and heavy smoker needs to play used to be insane.

This is coming from a heavy solo-group fighter .. having no wand fights... I fucking love it! No Wands makes it ten times for fun for me, it shouldn't boil down to who has more charges of G heal.. skill please... thanks GM's! Loving it. Had plenty of action since this new change! No Wands 2016 (e woohoo