UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - May 28, 2016 - Wands (cont.), bolas, potions

Suzy

Hybrid Staff Member
Staff member
Tonight we will be making the following changes to the server:
  • Wands will again be usable when paralyzed/stunned.
  • Increased bola weight from 8 stones to 24 stones.
  • Throwing a bola will now prevent the thrower from remounting as well, for the same duration as the target.
  • Increased filled potion weight from 1 stone to 2 stones.
  • Fixed the help menu unstuck locations for ghosts inside faction bases.
As we made pretty substantial changes to item weight, we will be providing a free teleport to a banker at the Valhalla no-combat zone for 2 weeks. This offer will be given to any overloaded character on log in. The offer can only be used once per character (and is subject to travel restrictions such as being in combat).

We would like to thank everyone for providing us with their helpful feedback on last week's wand changes. It is very much appreciated. :)

kookiemonsta

Sorceror
What happens when we have events where potions are required / needed? I no longer can have over 25/30 explodes without going over weight? Plus my other potions. Lol

I'll survive. Just an inconvenience.

Besides that, everything else is cool! Thanks!

When can we expect any sort of sallos update? People gave that guy money and he hasn't said a word recently.

Will there be any pvp changes? Besides stock and wands? Like pvp incentives ? Non faction Town ownership?

Housing ?? And by this I mean, will be be expanding the housing area closer towards towns? Plots up to 30x30s like our competitors??

The removal of hybrid armor and folkens blessed items?

Not trying to sound unappreciative,
Thanks Suzy.

Last edited:

tech.

Sorceror
What happens when we have events where potions are required / needed? I no longer can have over 25/30 explodes without going over weight? Plus my other potions. Lol

I'll survive. Just an inconvenience.

Besides that, everything else is cool! Thanks!

When can we expect any sort of sallos update? People gave that guy money and he hasn't said a word recently.

Will there be any pvp changes? Besides stock and wands? Like pvp incentives ? Non faction Town ownership?

Housing ??

The removal of hybrid armor and folkens blessed items?

Not trying to sound unappreciative,
Thanks Suzy.

Aragorn13

Traveler
I want to thank everyone for spending time and making this changes; But me and most of my buddies done with this CHANGES. We are taking a break.I will be on for 4-5 days more then im gone for a long time.Love you Hybrid,We will be back in the future,Have fun with the changes :) Only reason that we dont want to play is we started to feeling like TEST BOARD.

kdivers

Knight
tbh, this bola change was "good" but was there a reason to fuck up pots..?

im just wondering :)
I think the biggest thing is now that we have stackable pots, players arent limited to item counts like they were in the glory days of Hybrid. But in all reality, how many pots did you normally take in a single load?

Lets say:
10 each pot for a normal build, 100 stones
100 each reg, 80 stones
runebooks and shit, 30 stones
armor, 20 stones
5 wands, 15 stones

Now, you 145 stones worth of extra space for:
more refreshes for stuns
explodes
bolas
shit you loot

I don't see why people are crying so hard? This is still way more stock than you used to get back before pots stacked.

Last edited:

crikey

Sorceror
Damn 24 stone bolas? @_@ youch!
Ive always crammed my characters to a 390/390 weight

I could live with that, but jeez......doubling pot weight too?

Kinda sucks to me. Just 1 dexxers humble opinion

Whatever. Guess Ill just have to keep extra to restock from my beetle

The use if wands while stunned/paralyzed was a good change tho

crikey

Sorceror
rofl I absolutely hate this new item weight change. H A T E it!

This is what I just logged in to >_<
Time to hit the drawing board

dId you staff not realize some of us play using armor and weapons too?

Guess it's time to play completely naked with 10 each pot and only one weapons. absurd
Crikey_5-28_21.49-4.jpg

You guys obviously didn't ask @Heavy Smoker like he stated in previous patch notes.
I would like to take the time to thank Suzy for at least "trying" to keep this place afloat...

However these changes are not really needed for pvp and most will only hurt it. Like I said I'm open for private discussion to fix things that actually need to be fixed without ruining the pvp. The community does not need random changes just to feel like we are getting updates... We need updates to fix things that are slightly broken, FIXED not destroyed. Please contact me and we can get some polls going and hear some player on the changes before they are being made. We can't make changes based on what a few banksitters, and sub par pvpers suggest to make their style of pvp better while ruining many others gameplay.

Again, thanks for the changes suzy, I know you get tired of hearing complaints about your changes, but we need to take this slowly instead of tweaking every aspect of pvp.

I think the biggest thing is now that we have stackable pots, players arent limited to item counts like they were in the glory days of Hybrid. But in all reality, how many pots did you normally take in a single load?

Lets say:
10 each pot for a normal build, 100 stones
100 each reg, 80 stones
runebooks and shit, 30 stones
armor, 20 stones
5 wands, 15 stones

Now, you 145 stones worth of extra space for:
more refreshes for stuns
explodes
bolas
shit you loot

I don't see why people are crying so hard? This is still way more stock than you used to get back before pots stacked.
I like you I'm not trying to be a dick when I say this, but we don't need changes just for the hell of it... Who in their right mind ever complained about carrying too many pots in pvp? Hell any pvper would want to loot MORE than LESS any day..