UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - November 22, 2014

Suzy

Hybrid Staff Member
Staff member
The following changes will take effect during server wars:
  • Pets will lose happiness at a much slower rate if their owner remains in sight.
  • Skinning knives can now be used to both skin a corpse and cut up the hides in one go. Cut leather will automatically go to your backpack.
  • Monster camp chests will now act as treasure chests; looting them will reveal you. In addition, looting items has a chance to aggro any guardians that are still alive.
  • Added back the moongate on Serpent's Hold.
  • Moved faction bases to their new locations. (See this thread.)
We will also be fixing several bugs:
  • Fixed display of equipment on character statues in different poses.
  • Resmelting metal items of special metal types no longer requires mining skill, it will now also work with sufficient blacksmith skill.
  • New characters will no longer spawn with small amounts of Meditation skill before having a chance to lock the skill.
  • The Event League reward "the Task Master" will now spawn with the intended item ID.
  • Houses will now appear properly as they move onto the screen, not 5-10 tiles in. (This was most noticeable with castles.)

JimBeamUO

Squire
"Skinning knives can now be used to both skin a corpse and cut up the hides in one go. Cut leather will automatically go to your backpack."
Nice

!STiTCH!

Sorceror
  • Resmelting metal items of special metal types no longer requires mining skill, it will now also work with sufficient blacksmith skill.

About time, thank you.

Anti.Christ

Sorceror
  • Pets will lose happiness at a much slower rate if their owner remains in sight.
  • Skinning knives can now be used to both skin a corpse and cut up the hides in one go. Cut leather will automatically go to your backpack.
  • Monster camp chests will now act as treasure chests; looting them will reveal you. In addition, looting items has a chance to aggro any guardians that are still alive.
  • Added back the moongate on Serpent's Hold.
  • Moved faction bases to their new locations. (See this thread.)
We will also be fixing several bugs:
  • Fixed display of equipment on character statues in different poses.
  • New characters will no longer spawn with small amounts of Meditation skill before having a chance to lock the skill.
  • The Event League reward "the Task Master" will now spawn with the intended item ID.
  • Houses will now appear properly as they move onto the screen, not 5-10 tiles in. (This was most noticeable with castles.)

nice! i have two questions.

Monster camp chests will now act as treasure chests; looting them will reveal you. In addition, looting items has a chance to aggro any guardians that are still alive.

Does this mean if im wearing a orc mask it will blown up?

Pets will lose happiness at a much slower rate if their owner remains in sight.

does this mean there will be a INCREASED rate if they owner is not? - i hope not

Thank you for updates tyty

Anti.Christ

Sorceror
Yes, it will!

No, if the owner is not in sight, the rate is the same as the old rate.

any chance of you guys re thinking or changing the mask blowing up? i mean honestly as a guy who used to do the chests before this change...
i can tell you one this change helps some, but also makes the orc chests not worth the time tbh and i will gladly go into this, but before i do ill just throw a suggestion out....

How about when the orc attacks you nothing happens you can attack and kill him, but not lose your mask or have others attack you? i mean he is the one who attacked your ass first no?

Labove

Wanderer
Tinkers make them and you can get them from the butcher shops. Great knives to use to train swordsmanship. Dress one toon in full plate, arm the one to be trained with a skinning knife and just let him attack the other one. Tab in and out the plated one so he doesn't fight back. You can train heal at the same time.

any chance of you guys re thinking or changing the mask blowing up? i mean honestly as a guy who used to do the chests before this change...
i can tell you one this change helps some, but also makes the orc chests not worth the time tbh and i will gladly go into this, but before i do ill just throw a suggestion out....

How about when the orc attacks you nothing happens you can attack and kill him, but not lose your mask or have others attack you? i mean he is the one who attacked your ass first no?
this change is fine as it is, you just sound like you don't want to work for the 1k gold + items. ATM, all you have to do is recall in and loot. Now, you'll have to actually be half aware. Hopefully, you don't do them anymore and others who could actually use the rewards will.

Anti.Christ

Sorceror
this change is fine as it is, you just sound like you don't want to work for the 1k gold + items. ATM, all you have to do is recall in and loot. Now, you'll have to actually be half aware. Hopefully, you don't do them anymore and others who could actually use the rewards will.

well i see how you have no problem trolling my posts but you cant answer questions i specifically direct towards you in others.

Like always in the past with you boom boom you probably dont/ have never done these chests. You are just posting on shit you have never done or used.

Scenario 1. You recall to a chest you loot items mask blows up, now you have three atacking you.(hoping there is no orc mages) waste all mana killing them now u have to wait for mana to rise up to heal and recall with enough mana to kill the next spawn. You can make way more gold killing harder monsters in the same time. meaning this was a complete nerf to the orc chests.

Scenario 2. You recall in w/ no mask you have to kill three off (mana runs out before alot of the time) now after u do that you have to med up and cast unlock then telekinesis or heal self. all the time in between mana gaining and killing makes these almost useless. Some of the spawns are around air elements and gargoyles. this will make those spawns not worth anyones time.

There was better ways to fix the so called "major issue" this just made it worth no ones time. I honestly was trying to post and suggest changes with out sounding like an ass hole posting these things, but you had to make a post on something that doesnt affect you or your game style one bit.

Now your " you dont wana work" for the gold sounds good in theory, but is completely wrong. because its boring as fuck doing them, but if u can move past that it was worth it. Just like you called a measly 5 hp reduced explo pot change a NERF. You just want to hear own voice (see your reply in this case) and thats all this reply was and thats the truth.

who could actually use the rewards? To be honest with you there was only about 10 people who used them to begin with. IT was a decent way to farm and nice because there is only 2-3 ways to farm gold efficiently and now this just makes them not worth the time at all.

Last edited:
The only reason it was a decent way to gain money from them was because you could have the recall spots in a single book, easily recall in and cast unlock, explode the trap for at most 50% of your life and then cast invisibility on yourself while you sift through the loot. 99% of the times, the spawn at the chests were literally 0 problem and with the relatively quick respawn timers, somebody could take 5 mins of their time and make a very easy chunk of gold.

Oh; and as far as you talking about only a few people ran them? That's because I'm pretty sure somebody had a script to run the chests like clockwork with a lockpick+stealther. If that weren't the case, a few select (already well off players) used the method above and completely circumvented the entirety of the mechanics for the chest objective.

Don't tell me you actually killed all the spawn before looting.

Bitch.

Anti.Christ

Sorceror
First off let me begin by saying this... My free time is very limited and sporadic because of my job. I dont play uo near as much as i would like! Because of this when I make a suggestion its for everyone and not myself.

A few months ago i was really active during some down time for maybe two months. All my houses were gone. I had nothing to play with so I farmed quite a bit (most of my time online had to be farming) I ran into 1-2 people ever scripting these. Now in the past maybe it was worse, but when I was active it was not.

I can tell you never did the orc chests. You did not need to hide (just wear a orc mask). The chests were easy and VERY boring.

You are correct, I never killed the spawn (only air elementals and gargoyles) I have limited time playing uo so I farm efficiently. If your reading comprehension was decent you would realize I was talking about killing the spawn now that they attack you and blow up your orc mask. The orc chests are silly now. The time waiting for mana from killing off spawn makes this so inefficient and not worth the time because there is sooo many other ways to make gold faster.

If the orcs had more lewt or gold then it would be fine the way it is, but as of now its not even worth the effort.

This is why i suggested changing the mask from blowing up when an orc attacks you from looting the chest. You still have to kill the orc who attacks you, but make it to where your mask doesn't blow up because you didn't attack him. Im not suggesting to make this easy as possible or revert the changes. Just finesse them a little.

This is my last reply to you in any thread. You are a very dense and close minded person, maybe one day you will be able to see that. I dont hate you, but i do dislike your attitude and outlook. Good luck!