UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes to pvp

Sirkah

Sorceror
A few things that has been bugging me lately in the pvp scene have gotten me to finally make a thread about it in the hopes Ryan sees and places these thoughts into his head.

Non Damaging spells cause disrupt:
Its stupid to allow weaken/clumsy/feeblemind to cause the target to get disrupted while casting. IMO, only allow damaging spells cause disrupts. Too often do users who abuse clumsy or weaken use it as a bailout tool to fix their broken combos.

Strength to HP sanity check:
As it sits, the formula for Strength to hitpoints is as follows

(Strength level / 2) + Hitpoint Bonus + 50.

I suggest taking away the hitpoint bonus module.

At 100 strength, you receive 100 HP. However, A Greater Strength potion causes the user to gain 20 strength. As it sits now, you will have 120 strength, 120 hp. If you take away the Hitpoint bonus, the user will have 110 hp.

Therefore, a player who is under the effects of a purple petal and also a greater strength pot who rests at 125 strength, will have 125 hp. Have the sanity check to take away the hitpoint bonus, and you now have the player with 125 strength, 112.5 hp.

This also works for the spell weaken. If a player sits at 100 strength and gets weakened, he drops to 89 strength and 89 hitpoints. Under a sanity check, he will have his 94 HP.

This will far greatly balance out field pvp and the hard clutch of using items such as strength potions and the shards need to consume purple petals. IMO, it takes away from the game.

Conc Blow refund:
This has nagged me for a while. A conc blow takes the receivers intelligence and divides it by two. This in itself is fine, however after the 30 second duration of the conc blow, implement having a refund of the mana to the receiver. Either refund the entire 50 mana, or even return 25.

As it sits, if you start out in a fight against an axxer and you receive a conc blow, you begin the fight with 50 mana. After a few mana drains to drop the dexxers reflect and a gheal or two, you are now a sitting duck. I feel with the use of explosion potions and the high damages axes can hit, their conc blow should be focused more like a window of opportunity. For the next 30 seconds you have the mage where you want him, low on mana and open to many hits. However if you fail to kill him in these 30 seconds, he should have the 50(or 25) mana refunded and he then has the ability to kill you.

I feel this change would help balance out 1v1 mage/axxer fights. As it sits the way to kill axxers is to just go all out and hope the conc blow isnt received.

Disrupt Wands:
The biggest problem i've ever had with wanders is the fact that even casting a spell to disrupt him or the fact he is stunned he is still able to pull out a gheal out of nowhere. I know there has been a small nerf to wands that require the wand to consume mana, but i feel the ability to disrupt a wand is a much better nerf than consuming mana.

Fire horns:
Make these viable. Set a charge available on these things rather than a random % for disintegrating. Also make their % to go off a much higher percentage. As it sits these are given their damage based off of the 4 barding skills (musicianship, peacemaking, provoking, discord).

I would love to see a new flavor of pvp combatants. Or even see a, what used to be defenseless, tamer be able to turn around and splash a 40 hit on their attackers and be able to all kill.

I would also change the fact thats its damage is based on 4 skills, and reduce it to 3. Allow more room for customization of pvp templates.

It would also create a nice little market for fire horns and since these are dropped by various dungeon monsters, would increase the use of these dungeons.

Poisoning:
Time to make this another viable pvp skill. Allow the skill poisoning to be able to inject lethal poisons. Also allow GM poisoners to have a much higher % to cure the lethal poisons with Greater Cure pots and also cure spell. This way, the group scene wouldnt be affected much if people played poisoning characters to have a chance to inflict the lethal poison, and also have a high chance to cure it.

As a side note, it would also be nice to be able to inject arrows with poisoning. Much like the other dexxing counterparts, let the arrows and bolts of archers be able to inflict poison. You would need to have a sanity check in this as well, say 1 poison potion can dip 10 arrows. Also, since arrows would have no charges, make it have say a 10% to inflict the poison. It wouldnt cause archery to become OP overnight, but it would also make them that much funner to be able to splash a 40 while also injecting lethal venom into the poor noob.

Insta-hit implementation:
Man this would really bring back the flavor of standard 7x dueling and bring back the once famous tank mage. I would love to have the ability to play as or against the tank mage with insta hit capabilities. Would cause for many exciting battles and these templates are also templates that if played right can compete heavily as solo fielders. Much like the alchy stun, a very dominating template that is loved by many osi vets and would attract many people to this shard. Can't even begin to describe how many people flipped to another shard that was opening up because of insta hit. But then they came back because that shard pretty much sucked major asshole.

I will have more pvp fixes and ideas posted later, but I would like to see some feedback of these mentioned above.