UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

"Client.exe has encountered a problem and has to close"...

"Client.exe has encountered a problem and has to close"...

How often do you get this message?

Possible causes?

(I ask because i have to close uo for this reason at least three or four times a day... :( )

Stay Safe

FE

jc_at_aq

Sorceror
Re: "Client.exe has encountered a problem and has to close"...

Try turning off the UO music. The client used to crash on me all the time until I disabled music. Now I crash about once every two weeks.

Deepshade

Sorceror

No lie, I can't remember ever crashing, Uo music on or off, and ive been playing for 2+ years (runuo) and 7 years (in total, inculding osi)
Trying a virus scan or allocate more of your systems resources to the game, programs get bitchy when they don't get their share of the goods

Red Squirrel

Wanderer

the client seems buggy in that sense, but it affects more people then others. I crash maybe once every week or so. I crash more on my own shard using my admin char, oddly.

Kalikiano

Wanderer

for some reason its this shard or ML but uo music is very evil, just turning the music off has fixed basically all of my disconnects.

i dont use the music and i get client crashed fairly often on both my computers

sometimes when i hit log out, and click ok, it crashes

sometimes i cast a spell and it crashes

sometimes i do nothing and it crashes

re installs seem to do nothing, ive had this problem a long time, but i live with it

its just annoying when im out hunting, cos its a guaranteed death

if u use razor id reinstall both razor and ms framework

i get that error every now and again.

Usually happens whenever UO is trying to open up a gump of some kind. Like when I go into a moongate, or something similar.

No idea why though.

darthjesus said:
if u use razor id reinstall both razor and ms framework

if that was directed to me, i should mention i had this problem on OSI, before i even heard of razor and uogateway,

OutOfReiatsu

Wanderer

ParagonDancer said:
i get that error every now and again.

Usually happens whenever UO is trying to open up a gump of some kind. Like when I go into a moongate, or something similar.
Same here. Sometimes it can be really annoying.

Music is off and I've reinstalled the game a million times because of other issues (incl. window$ reinstall).

Misty-demise

Wanderer

UO trouble shooter said to do a reinstall and it went away for me. Had a corrupted file. Now is happening again for some reason and it does not seem to make a differance what i an doing.