UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Client Freezing

touthetamer

Wanderer
Can anyone give me some insight of why my UO client freezes randomly for periods of time. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, just freezes at random times. The length of freeze is also random. I can either wait it out or restart Razor to get back in with no problem. I'm on win 8.1 from US playing on a EU server. It's pretty annoying and I want to get to dangerous areas or else I'll die. Anything helps.

Razor v1.0.14.9

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Your Razor says v1.0.14.9 in the Help & Status tab? In that version, the freezing of the client due to Windows themes should be fixed. This type of freezes would turn your client white and make it totally unresponsive. Windows then asks you to close it, or wait for it to respond.

If the freezes are different (you become unable to move and everything stops, but the client is still responsive), perhaps it's a network issue to the EU server?

touthetamer

Wanderer
Yes, version is from the Help/Status tab. The freeze is the latter issue. I guess I should have said that the client isn't crashing, just frozen. I can still use razor commands like ping, which when the client unfreezes results in like avg ping 32000ms or more. I figured the issue is with my connection to the EU server but it's a small community and I didn't get much help from them. Thanks for the reply.