UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Common Templates on Hybrid

Kelben

Wanderer
Im new to the server, and have not played UO in so many years... I made myself a Archer / Mage... are they kinda history? ;)
My skills are as follow; Magery, Eval Int, Resist magic, Meditation, Archery, Anatomy and Tactics...
I read somewhere in these forums an archer/Mage were a mage/tank template and should have something like 100STR, 100 Int, 25 Dex?

Should I reroll, or could this be a nice PVP/PVE char?

Velkator

Wanderer
Re: Common Templates on Hybrid

Very good thread, +1 Rep.

Here's a template that's worked quite well for me, for its given purpose anyway.

Gatherer:
Strength: 100
Dex: 25
Intellegence: 100

Mining
Tailoring
Lumberjacking
Magery
Evaluate Int
Anatomy
Meditation

This is the perfect go-getter character, I've found. I use him to fetch resources in potential hazard areas for my craftsman. He can hold his own against common Mine Gankers who can only PvP vs. Helpless targets - I've yet to see a good PvPer griefing at mines. Haven't died once since I've maxed out this template, though he won't be able to stand his own against a serious PvPer, so don't bring him to dungeons or Buc's Den.

I'm still quite new to this server. And I'm a bit curious what Anatomy does in this build? I know Anatomy boosts Healing and weapon damage. But is there more to it?
Thanks for any answers.

A

Anarquia

I have a dexxer mage, but it doesn't work to me lol, i suck with mages, so i thought maybe train hiding and healing and have a dexxer hider. Will work?

Fencing/Tactics/Anatomy/Healing/Hiding/Magery/Resisting spells

chinduwho

Squire
Im going for a hally mage What should my 225 stats be?

Swordsmanship
Tactics
Anatomy
Magery
Resist
Meditation
Evaluating Intelligence

Ostarion

Wanderer
Hi I'm new to the server and somewhat new to UO. I already have a Pacifier/Tamer and I somewhat understand how the game works. I was interested in making a paladin/pure melee build with maces and plate armor. Is that sort of thing viable at all or do I need to have some meditation and eval? I want to try to stick as close to a warrior as possible; originally I was planning on going full melee but I'm not sure if that will work at all.

Here are what I was starting to work on:
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Mace_Fighting
Anatomy
Healing
Mace Fighting
Magery
Parrying
Tactics
Resisting Spells

I have some magery in there for a quick heal or to cure poison. Also what should my stats look like?

Last edited:

amtothepm

Knight
Hi I'm new to the server and somewhat new to UO. I already have a Pacifier/Tamer and I somewhat understand how the game works. I was interested in making a paladin/pure melee build with maces and plate armor. Is that sort of thing viable at all or do I need to have some meditation and eval? I want to try to stick as close to a warrior as possible; originally I was planning on going full melee but I'm not sure if that will work at all.

Here are what I was starting to work on:
Anatomy
Healing
Mace Fighting
Magery
Parrying
Tactics
Resisting Spells

I have some magery in there for a quick heal or to cure poison. Also what should my stats look like?

are you looking for a melee PVP character or...?

Cossi

Traveler
Hi to all guys...i've searched a lot, but i can't find the pros/con of having poisoning in a dexxer,in a template like this:

Anatomy
Healing
Fencing
Tactics
Magery
Resist
Poisoning

Could be a nice template?
Also to join some group PVP/pk.

Thanks in advance!

Death To You

Sorceror
Hi to all guys...i've searched a lot, but i can't find the pros/con of having poisoning in a dexxer,in a template like this:

Anatomy
Healing
Fencing
Tactics
Magery
Resist
Poisoning

Could be a nice template?
Also to join some group PVP/pk.

Thanks in advance!
Only time poison is useful for pvp is when you don't want any of your poisons to be resisted, which is only for a pure mage template. If you want to use poisoned weapons it's best to make an alt character to poison them.

Some common templates for pvp with a weapon skills are:

Hybrid: magery, resist, eval, med, wep skill, anatomy, tactics - can do high damage spells and also hit hard with a weapon, however you won't be able to use bandaids or stun.

Scribe Dexxer: magery, resist, inscribe, wep skill, anatomy, tactics, healing - spells will only be used for healing/support and all damage will be from weapons, also uses bandaids to heal, generally the weakest dexxer build for pvp - can switch scribe for lumberjacking if you wish to get increased damage from axes.

Alchy dexxer: magery, resist, alchemy, wep skill, anatomy, tactics, healling - spells used for healing/support, also heals with bandaids, damage comes from weapon skill and also throwing explosion potions which hit for more damage from alchemy skill, generally the strongest dexxer template - magery can be switched for hiding, only really useful for dungeon crawling.

There are some more templates but they are the main ones. If you're planning on wanting to sync drop whilst pvping then i would suggest hybrid template, solo or not planning on syncing then alchy dexxer.

!STiTCH!

Sorceror
Only time poison is useful for pvp is when you don't want any of your poisons to be resisted, which is only for a pure mage template. If you want to use poisoned weapons it's best to make an alt character to poison them.

Doesn't having GM poison on a dexxer allow for % chance to land level 5 poison, whereas mage still only goes to level 4?

Death To You

Sorceror
Doesn't having GM poison on a dexxer allow for % chance to land level 5 poison, whereas mage still only goes to level 4?
I'm not aware that having the poisoning skill increases the effectiveness of the poison on the weapon. From what I know it's effectiveness is only determined by the type of poison applied to the weapon. However you do apply greater poison when using the spell poison and have a small chance to apply deadly poison.

http://www.uohybrid.com/guides/skills-thieving/poisoning/

Cossi

Traveler

So, comparing two templates with the same skills, but a char with poisoning skill and another one without, equipped with the same deadly poisoned weapon, have the same % of dealing a poisoned attack?
The poison level will be the same?
Both can deal deadly poison, with weapon and also with magery?

Sorry for all these questions, but i want to know if that skill is a good one to have on a char or simply in a second one just to poison weapons and then transfer to the primary one.
If someone is deadly poisoned, can be cured only with bandaids or also with the cure spell / Gcure potion?

Alchy dexxer: magery, resist, alchemy, wep skill, anatomy, tactics, healling - spells used for healing/support, also heals with bandaids, damage comes from weapon skill and also throwing explosion potions which hit for more damage from alchemy skill, generally the strongest dexxer template - magery can be switched for hiding, only really useful for dungeon crawling.

In this case, could be a nice idea to switch 100 skill points into two abilities and have 50 magery (heal and recall) and 50 hiding (enough to hidden in dungeons)?

Thanks for all!

Death To You

Sorceror
So, comparing two templates with the same skills, but a char with poisoning skill and another one without, equipped with the same deadly poisoned weapon, have the same % of dealing a poisoned attack?
Sorry for all these questions, but i want to know if that skill is a good one to have on a char or simply in a second one just to poison weapons and then transfer to the primary one.
If someone is deadly poisoned, can be cured only with bandaids or also with the cure spell / Gcure potion?

In this case, could be a nice idea to switch 100 skill points into two abilities and have 50 magery (heal and recall) and 50 hiding (enough to hidden in dungeons)?
Best to have a secondary character to poison your weapons. When you're deadly poisoned it's possible to fail the cure with gcure potions and possibly the cure spell as well, bandaids should be able to cure it. However everyone just spams cure potions so it's not that amazing as it can still be cured very quickly.

You're best off either choosing magery or hiding, if you're planning on staying hidden for a long time in a dungeon you can get your alt to gate in from your house where you're hidden. It would just be a pain to constantly fail hiding and would most likely end up getting you killed by stopping to hide then failing. I would generally go for magery unless you plan on using mob aggro against your opponents whilst dungeon crawling.

Cossi

Traveler
Hello guys, I need an help, lockpicking is stuck a bit over 95, and it doesn't seem to raise again.
What kind of objects i have to open to keep it raising?
I have to stay out of my house?
Can be usefull training the skill to GM working on a lvl5 tmap?

Thanks!