UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[COMPLETE] Counter Strike uses mana before activation

Status
Not open for further replies.
[COMPLETE] Counter Strike uses mana before activation

Type: Bug

General Description: Every time you hit the Bushido Special Counter Strike, it takes mana immediately.

Way to experience: Repeatedly hit the CS Icon.

Detailed Description: CS is similar to Lightning Strike, in that activating it prepares you for a future action (in the case of LS - hitting an opponent. In the case of CS - parrying an opponent). As LS shows, the mana cost should only come into play when you actually get a Counter Strike off - not when you hit the button.

Code: None atm

I hope this is just a simple fix :)

FE

PS, also, there is no system message when you sucessfully Counter - should there be?

Re: Counter Strike uses mana before activation

Feersum Endjinn;574049 said:
Type: Bug

General Description: Every time you hit the Bushido Special Counter Strike, it takes mana immediately.

Way to experience: Repeatedly hit the CS Icon.

Detailed Description: CS is similar to Lightning Strike, in that activating it prepares you for a future action (in the case of LS - hitting an opponent. In the case of CS - parrying an opponent). As LS shows, the mana cost should only come into play when you actually get a Counter Strike off - not when you hit the button.

Code: None atm

I hope this is just a simple fix :)

FE

PS, also, there is no system message when you sucessfully Counter - should there be?

It's SUPPOSED to consume mana when activated. Counter attack is a stance, similar to evasion or confidence. Activating the stance consumes mana and if you meet the parry check, you will counter the attack. It works as intended.

No message, but there should be a sparkle particle effect.

Balthazar-demise;574052 said:
It's SUPPOSED to consume mana when activated. Counter attack is a stance, similar to evasion or confidence. Activating the stance consumes mana and if you meet the parry check, you will counter the attack. It works as intended.

Are you sure about that, B.?

Evasion and Confidence can not be used simultaneously, but both of them can be used with either LS or CA.

(If you are certain, and have checked this/knowledge of this on OSI then I apologise - in that case I was just plain wrong... :confused:)

FE

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter

Feersum Endjinn;574073 said:
Evasion and Confidence can not be used simultaneously, but both of them can be used with either LS or CA.

That sounds like the real bug.

http://guide.uo.com/skill_52.html
http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=62

Counter Attack
Mana Cost: 5
Minimum Skill Needed: 40
The Samurai is able to return damage used against them with the next successful block. Damage returned is based on the Samurai's weapon damage, as well as their skill in Parrying and Bushido.

The Counter Attack defensive stance lasts for a duration of several seconds.

Only one of the three special parrying moves may be used at a time. Using a new ability while one is already active will immediately cancel the old ability.

emoooo

Sorceror

Balthazar is right, counter attack is a stance and it can't really be used simultaneously with evasion or confidence. however it can be used with special moves like whirlwind, lightning strike etc.
just tested it on OSI, it works exactly as demise, there is no sysmessage when you parry and the effect Balthazar is talking about is:

- ItemId: "0x3779"
- Speed: "1"
- Duration: "15"
- Effect: "0x158B"
- Hue: "0x0"
- RenderMode: "0x3"
- Layer: "3" (EffectLayer.Waist)

sorry for not using tortoise svn, but I haven't installed that yet. here's where the code for adding the effect should go:

@BaseWeapon ln 1119
Code:
if ( CounterAttack.IsCountering( defender ) )
{
	BaseWeapon weapon = defender.Weapon as BaseWeapon;

if ( weapon != null )
	{
		defender.FixedParticles(0x3779, 1, 15, 0x158B, 0x0, 0x3, EffectLayer.Waist);
		weapon.OnSwing( defender, attacker );
	}

CounterAttack.StopCountering( defender );
}

also tested whether counter attack and confidence/evasion on demise cancel each other out and they do. works as intended.

Attachments

• LightningStrikeEffect.patch
    556 bytes · Views: 2

EvilChild

Knight

Counter attack works as it is supposed to on demise.

you cannot use multiple stances at the same time... counter attack cannot be used in tangent with evasion or confidence and activating one will deactivate the other. (tested and confirmed)

Counter attack is as previously stated an activated stance that allows you a free attack if you parry an opponent. (this has always worked as it should)

so, only the counter attack visual effect is the valid thing in this thread?

EvilChild

Knight

I wasn't aware that there was a counterattack visual effect to begin with. I thought it was just the regular parry visual effect.

But if there is a visual effect then yea its missing.

Nikki_Demise;574195 said:
That sounds like the real bug..

No, no - I just got mixed up. Everyone else is right.... :eek:

You can't use Counter Attack with either of the other two Defensive stances. You can use it with LS.

My doubt was just because most other one-shot "offensive" specials make you pay the mana cost when it goes off and you get the benefit from it, not when you set it.

I'm not sure about either the animation or system message.

FE

Feersum Endjinn;574073 said:
Are you sure about that, B.?

(If you are certain, and have checked this/knowledge of this on OSI then I apologise - in that case I was just plain wrong... :confused:)

FE

This is how it works on OSI, I can assure you of that as I have checked it out myself several minutes before posting to confirm accuracy.

uome

Bug Hunter

emoooo;574202 said:
here's where the code for adding the effect should go:

osd_daedalus;574288 said:
so, only the counter attack visual effect is the valid thing in this thread?
I just plucked this from the bugfix thread to test and it appears that the code is allready there in the svn :confused:

Mark as done/implemented then please.

Status
Not open for further replies.