UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Computer Problem.(please help)

Entourage

Sorceror
Computer Problem.(please help)

I had just moved from florida to tennessee and for the first few days my computer was working fine. As of yesterday morning I went to turn it on and it didnt. All that happened was I hit the on button and the light just stayed a solid yellow color instead of the green color it would normally be. Also the fan inside kicks on really hard and makes a loud noise while blowing out cold air. anyone ever had this problem or know what to do in this situation?

Re: Computer Problem.(please help)

Does the computer boot to post or show the BIOS splash screen at all? Probably your hard drive.

Entourage

Sorceror

Poptart;1990716 said:
Does the computer boot to post or show the BIOS splash screen at all? Probably your hard drive.

No nothing happens on the screen at all..
some people said it may have to do with my power supply?

Poptart;1991187 said:
Try another hard drive and see if it does anything.
even with no hard drive the thing will try and boot, then look for a device to boot off of.

It's the southern air.

You need bigger fans, that's why you're little ones are trying so hard.
They just want to make you proud.

Also: How are you posting? Cell?

Kool-Aid

Wanderer

no system beeps? if has beeps reseat ram
if no beeps - most likely....in order: motherboard, processor(may have gotten unseated), and rarely a power supply.

look at capacitors on motherboard, see if any have rounded/bulging tops or brownish gunk coming out of them...if so - mobo is toast!

bulging caps can be subtle...for instance all the caps in this photo are bad except for the 2 solid caps in the lower left and the 2 caps in the upper left. rest are bulging tops and one has electolyte leaking out (aka brown crusty stuff)

They can pop from the bottom too, so check caps that are leaning because thats not normal either.

Tusk

Sorceror

take cmos battery out for 5 minutes, unplug power. wait 5 min, put everything back

if not your mobo died.

Na I've seen HD's hang up as soon as the comps turned on and do nothing. Change it out, and it boots POST etc.

Seriously you guys are noobs

It's most likely your power supply, a cord could have come loose in transport. Make sure all the cords are plugged in to the correct spots snugly. After check that, attempt to boot the computer again, if it still displays the yellow light and nothing on the screen, switch out the PS w/ a different one. If that doesn't correct the problem, it's most lilky your mother board. Which means you'll have to replace that. Replacing a mother board can be a pain, you'll have to find one with all the same form factors as your original one. These people saying its your hard drive don't understand that if it was your light would be green not yellow, because a computer doesn't require a hard drive to operate.

Sloth-hybrid;1991314 said:

It's most likely your power supply, a cord could have come loose in transport. Make sure all the cords are plugged in to the correct spots snugly. After check that, attempt to boot the computer again, if it still displays the yellow light and nothing on the screen, switch out the PS w/ a different one. If that doesn't correct the problem, it's most lilky your mother board. Which means you'll have to replace that. Replacing a mother board can be a pain, you'll have to find one with all the same form factors as your original one. These people saying its your hard drive don't understand that if it was your light would be green not yellow, because a computer doesn't require a hard drive to operate.

Please try this and post back your results.

Sloth-hybrid;1991314 said:

correct, 98% chance it ill be a loose connection or a bad power supply. im a nerd trust me.

Raezion420;1991340 said:
correct, 98% chance it ill be a loose connection or a bad power supply. im a nerd trust me.

Hooray nerds ^_^

And they said microsoft certs were useless..