UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Corrado's Guide to House Placement and Ownership

Re: Corrado's Guide to House Placement and Ownership

AndrewDoK;1434985 said:
I know a lot of people are wanting these new #'s for houses so I did all the math and here they are...

Like New - .58 hours (0.2 days)
Slight Worn - 84 Hours (3.5 days)
Somwhat Worn - 84 Hours (3.5 days)
Fairly Worn - 84 Hours (3.5 days)
Greatly Worn - 67.2 Hours (2.8 days)
IDOC - 16.8 Hours ( .7 days)

Enjoy.. just dont touch my IDOCs :D
I thought it was 14 days flat not 14.2

Hydrofiend

Knight

Sometimes you can have unpassable objects under the center of your house. My bucs den small tower for example, has 2 small bushes that you can't walk through, right under the floor. Yet a different house I have has a single tumbleweed "shouldn't block house placement, can walk through it" blocking me from upgrading the house to be twice the size.

AndrewDoK

Wanderer

Richard C Mongler;1437591 said:

yeah, and since i have also realized, as much as they say idoc-fall is 16.8 hours after showing up an hour late to about 10 idocs, i realized these numbers arent completely accurate.. but best we go to go on for now :/

farge

Sorceror

yeah the numbers are wrong. i found a greatly worn house yesterday at 7pm, checked it at 9pm it was idoc and at 11am the next day it was already long gone so i think it might be little less than 16hrs.
if anyone knows the real numbers please share!

farge

From what I can tell it's somewhere between 12-14 hours. I've heard people saying it's 14.4

idocs have changed a lot since I last played 2 years ago. So much more difficult for the solo idoc hunter to get anything. Murderers and teams have a huge advantage due to the housing placement tools not being blessed anymore + the need to move every item to place.

4_door_teg

Wanderer

if i demolish a custom house do i get all the money back that i put into it minus the 10k commitment?

Daskin

Sorceror

Richard C Mongler;1437591 said:
AndrewDoK;1434985 said:
I know a lot of people are wanting these new #'s for houses so I did all the math and here they are...

Like New - .58 hours (0.2 days)
Slightly Worn - 84 Hours (3.5 days)
Somewhat Worn - 84 Hours (3.5 days)
Fairly Worn - 84 Hours (3.5 days)
Greatly Worn - 67.2 Hours (2.8 days)
IDOC - 16.8 Hours ( .7 days)

Enjoy.. just dont touch my IDOCs :D

(I corrected typos in the original quote, because I can.)
The math isn't totally accurate. .58 hours would be just under 35 minutes. 35 minutes would be closer to .02 days, not .2 (missed a decimal place). However, it's closer to .024 days, if you want to be anal. And I am. =P

I've seen an IDOC stand for at *least* 16 hours... so even if it's not 16.8, it's dang close. Over the last few times IDOCing I noticed a trend on them, that I'm going to keep to myself because... well... I like lewts. :D

Daskin

Sorceror

farge;1443618 said:
yeah the numbers are wrong. i found a greatly worn house yesterday at 7pm, checked it at 9pm it was idoc and at 11am the next day it was already long gone so i think it might be little less than 16hrs.
if anyone knows the real numbers please share!

farge

How do you know it didn't go IDOC riiiight after you checked it? Were that the case, it would've been right about the 16 hour mark.

M a r i s

Wanderer

Mjk;1406261 said:
Are there actually any spots left. So far from everywhere i've been looking it seems like 99.999999% of the map has been placed on. Kinda feels like im pissing up a rope here, lol..

Yes, there are spots left for house, I have placed a 7x12, a small tower, and a small 7x7 just by walking around. What's the lucky part is, is getting the larger homes/ plots.
Placing a 7x7 has a better chance then placing a 7x8 or something larger.

Although, it is rare to find these spots. Usually what happens is, That there was an IDOC the day before, and it had fallen, and nobody noticed it.

By the way, Corrado, nice guide. It helped me out a lot when I first started IDOCing.

D

DJ Shadow

good guide :D

RalGash

Wanderer

I am at my wits end, how do you unlock something?

I have tried "I wish to unlock this" "I wish to unlock this down" "I want to unlock this" etc etc etc! I miss the days when all you had to do was click on the house sign to unlock something or just type .house to access all the commands. :(

Corrado

Sorceror

Updated to reflect server changes and some added info.

I'm glad this guide has been a help to so many. I stopped playing not long after posting it, and lost all my stuff, just came back and started again. Figured I'd update the guide as some things have changed since I played last. The new decay times are noted, as well as more info on permissions.

saywhatnow

Wanderer

I am the worst house placer ever. But im willing to try more after this guide

Corrado

Sorceror

Finding an empty spot is VERY difficult on this shard. You might find a spot for a small in an unpopular area (jungles or swamps) but that's about it. The best bet, is to get a runebook, 16 runes, and walk around marking runes at greatly worn or idoc houses. Try to check back on them as often as possible, then place when they fall. Obviously the larger houses/plots will have a LOT of pvp/pk action around them, the smaller ones usually aren't bad. Good luck.

Boogie Man

Wanderer

One thing seems to be wrong in the guide. It is actually possible to lock the door to a public house.

My house is public, and the door is locked. It was transfered to me being public, with the door unlocked. I hadn't noticed (I know, too stupid of me) and got 2 characters killed while AFK macroing. After that, I locked it with no problem.

I have a question. Is it possible to avoid being killed inside the house by people from the outside? Someone killed me the other night while AFK macroing (I know, again!), I think the used Earthquake or something like it. :-(

Corrado

Sorceror

Well, on custom homes sometimes the doors can be locked, even if public, but not all of them as far as I know.

As for getting killed macroing, you need to stand as far from the walls as you can. The center of a small tower or bigger is safe. EQ won't kill you, just take you down to 1hp, they still need to hit you with meteor swarm or chain lightening.