UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Crafting Skill Training Guide.

KoNNaN

Knight
Re: Crafting Skill Training Guide.

Kogane;1963373 said:
Sorry but this guide is inaccurate/inefficient.

For smithing, make short spears until about 93-95. They are 6 ingots each and smelt down to 3 ingots.

After that make plate gorgets until GM. They are 10 ingots each and smelt down to 5 ingots each.

I've used 5k ingots to get from 82 to 96 skill in the last hour and a half. It will probably take me another 2-5k ingots to GM

I totally agree and had actually said that before. It was deleted when the guide was "cleaned up" so I undeleted it.

Addicted

Disciple

Yeah I just made some smiths and I didn't keep track but I think I used about 20k ingots to get from 50-100.

Dyranty

Wanderer

Do far I've through about 13k ingots from 50. first skill.
I'm at 85% right now. Doing short spears. Slow gains:\

peteliv

Knight

someone should point out the fact you can enter statloss on a crafter with over 300 skill points and entering a faction, then killing yourself with explode pots or your own tinker trap (as long as you kill yourself) you will be in stat loss for 5 minutes allowing you to gain powerscroll'd skills at much faster/cheaper rate

Moodles

Traveler

When it comes to skill level, is it "real" level or the adjusted level when to decide to change to a different item to make?

eekamouse

Wanderer

Moodles;2044960 said:
When it comes to skill level, is it "real" level or the adjusted level when to decide to change to a different item to make?

This question. I am also wondering.

Rasah

Sorceror

Really? I've always gone by fake values and never had a problem. I've only leveled one crafter here but have numerous characters with magery, taming, etc and never had an issue with skill gains when following guides from this forum..

Ugh :(

kdivers

Knight

Rasah;2071176 said:
Really? I've always gone by fake values and never had a problem. I've only leveled one crafter here but have numerous characters with magery, taming, etc and never had an issue with skill gains when following guides from this forum..

Ugh :(

It's usually negligible, but I always suggest going by real.

C

Crafty Crafter

GM'd blacksmith with this guide, worked great. Did short spears up until around 92.5 then switched to platemail gorgets. Found that having mining helps considerably! Especially since this is my first crafter.

Currently at 89.5 tinkering (started at 50), still doing lockpicks (and did it since 50) with consistent gains.

Thanks for the info!

kdivers

Knight
making plate arms, took me a hair over 30k ingots to go form 100 - 110 wiht 700 skill points

i woudl guess that it would have been about 10 - 11k if i was at 150

Geezumcrow

Wanderer
Wish I'd read the whole thread before making my smiths. God only knows how many ingots I wasted switching to long spears when the original guide suggested I do. Just switched back to short spears, hope it wasn't as wasteful as I think it was, rofl.