UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Creating a good password. ("Hack" proof accounts)

Magistic

Wanderer
Creating a good password. ("Hack" proof accounts)

It seems that often times when first creating an account selecting a password is one of the least important things on people's minds. It is however, vital to select a good password for your account so as to avoid allowing others to access it. You can lose everything you've ever earned while playing UO by simple not taking the time it takes to (simply) create a password that would be virtually impossible to guess. There are three rules of thumb that everyone should follow when selecting a password for any type of account. (Whether it be for UO, E-mail or whatever.)

1. Any words used in the password should NOT come from any type of dictionary. This includes names and acronyms. Using words/names/acronyms in passwords makes them much easier to guess. The four most commonly used passwords being: sex, god, love and secret. Additionally initials should not be used when creating a password.

2. The password should contain both letters and numbers. Preferably in alternating sequence ie. pf20le1. Adding numbers to your passwords increases the difficulty for anyone to guess it.

3. The password should be at least 6 letters/numbers long. The longer the password is the more possible combinations and the harder it is to guess.

Safety tips:
-Passwords should NOT be saved in any files on your computer, whether it be Notepad, Microsoft Word or otherwise.
-Don't download a file unless you know for a fact that it is safe. Never download or open a file if you are unsure of what it is. This is a good way to avoid having key loggers on your computer. Anti-spyware and anti-virus programs often help to block bad downloads and are necessary for all computers.
-Don't tell people your password. Sounds a stupid thing to say I know, but just recently I was talking to someone on their "friend's" account who was scheming to give me all his "friend's" items.
-If you need to write down your password (because you're really forgetful) write it on a piece of paper that you keep in a safe place in your room until you've memorized it. Then dispose of it thoroughly.
-No staff member will ever want or need your password for any reason. Don't believe scammers.
-Finally use common sense and be cautious.

Changing your password:
If your password has already been chosen it can be changed in game by typing "[account" which brings up your account options, then selecting change password. Keep in mind that your e-mail must be registered to your account in order to do this.

If this guide is followed correctly you should never have a problem with your account being stolen again.

Thanks for reading, happy gaming guys/girls!

Magistic.

Sliceman

Wanderer
Re: Creating a good password. ("Hack" proof accounts)

Just dont make a common guessed password,otherwise people will just set up a macro and add a password list of common passwords and your fucked.

pearhk

Wanderer

u could type that on a notepad
just dont disclose the whole password is ok

e.g.

acc. name / pwd

hahaha1 / hybrid=rock

in ur notepad, u type

3xhaONE / hyxxx=rxxx

Magistic

Wanderer

pearhk;1234535 said:
u could write that on a notepad
just dont disclose the whole password is ok

e.g.

acc. name / pwd

hahaha1 / hybrid=rock

in ur notepad, u type

3xhaONE / hyxxx=rxxx

I meant notepad, the program on the computer :p

If you can't make a GOOD password, you suck at life.

P.S. Mines my dead dogs first last name!!

;/

Sliceman

Wanderer

Twisted Arm;1234562 said:
If you can't make a GOOD password, you suck at life.

P.S. Mines my dead dogs first last name!!

;/

Lassie holy shit

Smellvin

Wanderer

Magistic;1234230 said:
The four most commonly used passwords being: sex, god, love and secret.
Actually, the most common password is "password."

I remember when Hotmail came out, hypothetically, I may have gotten into plenty of accounts just by guessing the password as "password."

The key to a good password is numbers, letters, lower case and upper case all in one password. Just type a bunch of stuff out at random, memorize it, done.

joeycod

Wanderer

! @ # $ % ^ & * all can go into passowrd fields

§±₧ƒσ☻├ might not sure, try it

nhpr13;1234781 said:
Actually, the most common password is "password."

I remember when Hotmail came out, hypothetically, I may have gotten into plenty of accounts just by guessing the password as "password."

i thought the most common passwords were love, sex, secret, and god?

Tribal

Lord

my user name is 4j5ks8nl3sn

u doubt people will haxs me