UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Demise FAQ

Demise News Network

Demise News Correspondent
UO Gamers: Demise FAQ

Client Related

Where can I get the Ultima Online game client?
EA's FTP servers provide a reliable mirror from which the latest game client can be downloaded in its entirety:

http://uo.com/Client-Download

Choose the classic client download.

After you finish installing it, be sure to autopatch it fully before connecting to UO Gamers: Demise in order to ensure that your client is fully compatible with Demise.

**If you use the UO Download link posted above you may need to manually set your client and data paths on the main Razor startup screen so that Razor will see the client and to remedy cliloc issues

How do I update my game client?
In most cases, simply starting the Ultima Online client without razor will automatically initiate a successful patching process. If, for some reason, the patching process fails. Here are some quick things you can try to resolve the problem.

1) Browse to the directory in which you have Ultima Online installed (commonly c:\program files\EA Games\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\) and delete the "patch" folder.

2) Open the "Login.cfg" file with a plain text editor such as notepad. If the contents of the file do not look exactly like this example, change it so that it does.

Code:
;Loginservers for Ultima Online

;Do not edit this file or patching will fail! Always save a backup.

LoginServer=login.ultimaonline.com,7775

LoginServer=login.ultimaonline.com,7776

After these steps, try relaunching the Ultima Online client without razor again and see if the problem has been resolved. After a successful patching session, you may then exit the Ultima Online client, and launch it with Razor and begin playing on Demise.

I have UO installed and updated, now how do I connect to Demise?

Using Razor (http://www.runuo.com/razor/) simply pick Demise from the server list on the Razor welcome screen.

I am getting problems connecting to the shard?

1) Check that you can access the internet! (If you are reading this, then we can assume that your internet connection is working fine).
2) Follow the instructions as outlined above in How do I update my game client?

If you are still getting problems connecting to the shard, the most likely culprit is an application firewall. Please read your firewall vendors documentation for assistance in enabling the UO client to connect to the internet.

I am seeing funny things in the game world, such as trees inside buildings or I'm running into invisible objects, what's going on?
This is likely because of a map difference between you and the server, and is typically due to your game client being outdated. OSI/EA periodically releases updates to the UO client and it is important for you to keep your client up-to-date so that you have no discrepancies with the Demise server. Follow the steps above to ensure a successful patching process.

Account Related

I accidentally made an account which exceeds the 4 accounts per household limit, what should I do?
If you accidentally make an additional account which causes your household to exceed the 4 account limit, simply refrain from logging into it. Since unused registered accounts are purged after a period of no less than 90 days, the account will then be removed from the system after this period of time and be of no further concern for you. However, if login activity records show that the account has been in active use, your accounts will be subject to termination. Accounts with no characters on them (empty accounts) will be flagged inactive after 7 days.

I'm having a problem creating my 4th account. What can I do?
Email eos [at] runuo [dot] com or uolarson [at] gmail [dot] com

Include the names of all of your active accounts so that we know which ones can and cannot be deleted.

When I log in, I am asked to register my account. What does this mean?
When you register your account with an email address, you are allowing yourself a means to manage your account. Enter your email address and verify it in the gump provided.

Upon registration, you will receive a confirmation email. This may take up to 30 minutes. When you receive your confirmation email, it will have a line of code like: [auth 999999 . Copy this code exactly as it appears in your email and paste it into the game window (ctrl-c to copy and ctrl-v to paste). Upon confirmation, your game window should tell you that your registration is complete.

With registration, as stated, you can manage a few aspects of your account such as password changes.

How can I get my password changed?
To change your password, provided you have registered your account (see above), type [account into the game window and you will be able to change your password. You can also change your email and order an IP log for your account by using the [account command in game.

When I log in I am presented with a create character screen instead of my list of characters, what happened?
In 99.9% of cases this means that you mistyped your username while logging in, and created a brand new account instead of logging in to your existing account. Double and triple check your username for any errors before paging staff. If it turns out that you had indeed made a typo, and that the accidentally created account pushed your household over the 4 account limit, follow the procedure above for accidental accounts. If you believe that you are not mistyping your username, go ahead and make a character on the account and page in-game staff for assistance.

New Player Questions

I'm new to the game, how can I get some help?
There are many good web-based resources with a wealth of Ultima Online information.

UO Stratics (http://uo.stratics.com) is a long time favorite of many Ultima Online players. Not 100% accurate, but a valuable resource nonetheless.
EA Customer Support (http://uo.custhelp.com) has a wide variety of information relating to Ultima Online.
UO Guide (http://uoguide.com) is a wiki type resource base with information that can be applied to Demise regarding items.
Pressing the F1 key while in-game gives you access to the help documentation encluded in the UO client.
Paging an in-game staff member is also an option. (see below)

How do I page an in-game staff member to come help me with a problem or question I have?
Locate the "help" button. The help button can be found on the menu bar, which is typically located near the very top of your game window. It is also present as the top button on your paperdoll. Be sure to enter as descriptive of a help request as possible, this way the in-game staff can have some idea of what kind of help they will need to provide before they even arrive.

What is this young status I have, and can I get rid of it?
Young status is a period of semi-protected play during which you cannot be attacked by mobs unless you initiate the combat or enter a dungeon. You cannot be poisoned and you cannot lose any of your items when you die. While your young status exists, you cannot enter the felucca (pvp) facet. Young player status persists for 10 playtime hours or until you get 450 skill points, whichever comes first. Young status effects the entire account, so as soon as one character on the account surpasses the young player conditions, the entire account will lose it's young status.

If you prefer, you may renounce your young status and receive all the benefits, and drawbacks, of a non-young player. In order to renounce your young player status simply enter the following phrase as if you were trying to speak it in game: "I renounce my young player status" Renouncing your young status cannot be reversed, so make sure that you are serious about it before proceeding.

Where can I learn how to raise specific skills?
Check out the Cartography & Scribe forum for guides to skills/stats and so forth. Most are specifically written to work on Demise. Do not post a new thread asking questions in that forum. Replying to a guide and asking about it is fine.

Can I get "real time" help with the game?
If you want real time help in how to play this game or questions about the server, check out the servers irc channel at irc.runuo.com, #demise

Asking fellow players in game is also a helpful means of getting questions answered. There are generally players in the city of Luna.

In-Game Events

OSI had this great temporary event where they gave out cool rewards, shouldn't this happen on Demise since you're an OSI clone?
No. While we are an OSI clone, in that we strive to duplicate OSI spawn, quests, items, and game mechanics (aside from a few obvious ones such as skill gain), we rarely, if ever, duplicate temporary events which occur on OSI servers. We have our own event staff which work very hard to provide some great events which are sure to be just as, if not more, entertaining than any event OSI might put on.

Staff
Who exactly are staff?

Staff members are dedicated members of our community that volunteer RL hours to providing shard support via tasks like coding, answering questions, identifying and researching OSI discrepencies, and hosting in game events. These individuals can be identified by the color of their name (Purple), their title (SRC,GM, CNS, or Seer), as well as a special robe.

The CNS Staff are noted as wearing shades of dark blue. The GM staff will be seen as a shade of dark red. The Seer staff are robed in shades of green. Administrators and higher level staff are robed generally in black.

Please remember staff will NEVER ask for your account information, especially your password. Do not give your password out to anyone and if someone approaches you claiming to be staff wanting to get your password or other account information. In fact - page on them.

Miscellaneous

I found a bug/exploit or something that I can prove is different on OSI's servers, what should I do?
Post a report here http://www.runuo.com/community/forums/unhandled-reports.147/ with all of the relevant information you can, including steps to replicate the bug. If you are reporting an OSI discrepancy, you will need to provide enough detailed information about the difference to enable a team member to verify the report on OSI. Stratics.com and uoguide.com; while useful resources, is not 100% accurate at all times, so simply providing a uo.stratics.com or uoguide.com link will be ignored.

Why is it taking so long to get ___________ implemented on Demise?
Demise is the test server for future RunUO (http://www.runuo.com) releases, and as such it is important that Demise's scripts be stable, effecient, and accurate. The code for Demise, unlike other free servers, must work on ALL servers, considering the code is released for other free servers to use. The rigorous data collection and code testing process can mean delays in getting things implemented, but overall leads to a better product and service for the players of Demise, as well as all the users of the RunUO releases.

This world is huge, how am I supposed to find my way around it?
There is an excellent program called "UO Cartographer" which can be very helpful in locating anything from Towns, to Dungeons, to Shrines, to specific NPC shops and much more. It is a must have for new players and veterans alike. See this link: http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/uocartographer-set-up-labels.479258/

Razor also has map capabilities. You can open this up by clicking the "UO Positioning System" on the General Tab. The razor option will also help pinpoint others in your party, making hunts and other group tasks in game easier.

Does Demise have a Donation store?
Yes, it can be found at: http://www.uodemise.com/store/

If you make a donation, after receiving the email for your order, you need to claim it in game by typing [claimitem

Server Information and Statistics

How big is Demise and what sort of hardware does it run on?
(Update this section with the new info.)

How far along is Demise in releasing the latest expansion pack content?
Demise currently enjoys the complete SE expansion pack content. While Mondain's Legacy content is still under development by the RunUO team, players are still able to create either elf or human characters, and enjoy the racial bonuses of these respective choices.

Elves:
Constant night sight
+20 mana
energy resist cap increased to 75
higher chance to find rare resources (not fully implemented, but will apply to the rare ML resources)

Humans:
base HP regen of 3
base 20 in all skills (doesn't show on skills list but it is there)
10% increase in harvesting resources (1 ore at a time is now 2 ore, or 20 leather for a dragon is now 22 leather)
backpacks can carry more weight at lower strength

What are the stat and skill cap limits?
The stat cap is 225 and the skill cap is 700 for new accounts. The skill cap increases by +5 every 90 days the account is active, for a total skill cap of 720 points after an account is 360 days old. Individual skills are capped at 100, but some of them can be increased by aquiring and using "power scrolls" and have their maximum level increased to 120. Power scrolls are aquired by doing champion spawns in the Felucca facet. The stat cap can also be increased by aquiring and using "stat scrolls." Stat scrolls are obtained by doing a special champion known as "The Harrower." The Harrower can only be done by completing all of the other felucca champion spawns first and placing the skulls gained from those champions on the altar in the star room. For more information about champion spawns, see this page on stratics. http://uo.stratics.com/content/guides/champions/champguide.shtml

What are the limits on item bonuses?
Stratics has a great page outlining the different item properties and their limits for pvp and pvm (if they differ). This page can be found at: http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/itemproperties.php

Common Abbreviations and Slang

This list was put together by some Demise players, and is being copied into this thread to save sticky space.

Item Properities

DCI = Defense Chance Increase
DMI/DI = Damage Increase
EP = Enhance Potions
FC = Faster Casting
FCR = Faster Cast Recovery
HCA = Hit Cold Area
HCI = Hit Chance Increase
HD = Hit Dispell
HEA = Hit Energy Area
HFA = Hit Fireball Area
HLA = Hit Lower Attack
HLD = Hit Lower Defense
HLL = Hit Life Leech
HML = Hit Mana Leech
HPI = Hit Point Increase
HSL = Hit Stamina Leech
LMC = Lower Mana Cost
LRC = Lower Reagent Cost
MI = Mana Increase
MR = Mana Regeneration
MW = Mage Weapon
NS = Night Sight
SC = Spell Channeling
SC NO PEN/SC NO -1 = Spell Channeling without FC -1 penalty
SI = Stamina Increase
SR = Self Repair
SSI = Swing Speed Increase
UBWS = Use Best Weapon Skill

Weapons, Armor and Items

AOF = Armor of Fortune
AOH = Axe of the Heavens
ARCANE = Arcane Shield
ARTY = Artifact
ASH = Ancient smithing hammer (Usually followed by the skill of the increase)
BANES = Leggings of Bane
BLAZE = Blaze of Death
BLH = Black Lotus Hood
BOD = Bulk order Deed
BOH = Bracelet of Health
BOI = Blade of Insanity
BOR/BOTR = Blade of the Righteous
BREATH/BOTD = Breath of the Dead
BRSK = Barbed Runic Sewing Kit
CBD/CBDS = Clothing bless deed
DPH = Dread Pirate Hat
DRYAD/DB = The Dryad Bow
ELEMENTS/ROE = Ring of the Elements
GRIPS/STORM(S) = Stormgrips
GTOT = Greater Treasure of Tokuno
HH = Hunter's Headress
HKBP = Holy Knight's Breastplate
HL = Horselord
HOI/INSIGHT = Helm of Insight
HOL = Heart of the Lion
HOM = Hat of the Magi
HRSK = Horned runic sewing kit
INQUIS = Inquisitor's Resolution
JACKS/JACKALLS = Jackall's Collar
KASA = Kasa of the Raj-in
LEGACY = Legacy of the Dread Lord
LTOT = Lesser Treasure of Tokuno
MARTY/MARTIES = Minor artifact
NOX RANGER'S/NOX BOW = Nox Ranger's Heavy Crossbow
ORNATE CROWN = Ornate Crown of the Harrower
ORNY = Ornament of the Magician
PIGS = Pigments of Tokuno
PS = Powerscroll
PUGS = Gloves of the Pugilist
QUACK'S/QUACK'S CUTLASS = Captain Quacklebush's cutlass
RBC = Rune Beetle Carapace
ROE = Ring of the Elements
SHADOW DANCER'S/SDL = Shadow Dancer Leggings
SOM = Staff of the Magi
SOI = Shield of Invulnerability
SOP = Swords of Prosperity
SOS/STAMPEDE = Sword of the Stampede (Possibly the SOS item as well)
SRSK = Spined runic sewing kit
SS +25/STAT PS = Stat scroll (number can be +5, +10, +15, +20 or +25)
TASK = Taskmaster
TOF = Tunic of Fire
TOME/TOLK = Tome of lost knowledge
TOT(S) = Treasures of Tokuno
TOTEM = Spirit of the Totem
VILE/ROTV = Ring of the Vile
VOICE/VOFK = Voice of the Fallen King
ZERKER= Berserker's Maul
ZYRON/ZC = Zyronic Claw

Other

10K = 10,000 gp
10KK = 10,000,000 gp
AOS = Age of Shadows. The expansion of Ultima that first started the paladin and necromancy classes
AW = Ancient Wyrm
BAKE = Bake Kitsune
BRIT = Britain
BS = Generally refered to as "blacksmith" but can also be known as "bullshit"
BUCS/BUX = Bucaneer's Den
COON = Baracoon the piper
CTF = Capture The Flag
DD/DOM = Double Domination (Type of gm run battles concerning 2 teams and two bases)
ETHY = Ethereal Mount
FEL = Felucca
GP = Gold Pieces
HARRY = Harrower
IDOC = In Danger of Collapsing (Usually a house where people will sit and loot the goods after the house vanishes)
ILSH = Ilshenar
LTB = Looking to Buy
MARE = Nightmare
MEP/MEPH/MEPHI = Mephitis
MG = Moongate
MIL/M = Million(s) such as 10 Mil, 10M
NECRO = Necromancer
NOX = Short form for "poison"
OAKS = Lord Oaks
OSI = Origin Systems Inc.
PALLY = Paladin
PC = Price check
PVM = Players VS Monsters
PVP = Players VS Players
RC = Rotting Corpse
RIKKI = Rikktor
RU = Hiryu
SAMMY = Samurai
SEM/SEMI = Semidar
SS = Spirit Speak
SW = Server Wars (Time where 30 minutes of gameplay is not saved, so everyone pvp's in felucca brit or bucaneer's den. Happens at 2:00am EST every Sunday morning).
T2A/LL = The Second Age. Refers to the area known as the Lost Lands.
TRAM = Trammel
TOK = Tokuno Islands
UOML = Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy. The newest expansion of Ultima. Introduces elves, peerless bosses, etc.
UOSE = Ultima Online Samurai Empire. Expansion of uo introducing hiryu, samurai, ninjas and tokuno islands
WTB = Want to Buy
WTS = Want to Sell
WW = White Wyrm

Slang/Game terms

AFK = Away from keyboard
ASAP = As Soon As Possible
BRB = Be right back
BRT = Be right there
BTW = By the way
CA/CS = Counter Attack/Counter Strike (Bushido special ability)
DS = Death Strike (Ninjitsu special ability)
FELLUCAN = Rarely used but used to describe somebody who plays solely in felucca. Like a murderer. PK is used instead
FFS = For fuck sakes
FORUM PVP = When a thread turns into a huge battle of "I am better than you" or "you are noob because"mise. Do not post a new thread asking questions in that forum. Replying to a guide and asking about it is fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

MMMartin

Squire
very nice make, maybe add shortcut

CC - Crimson Cincture
RESET elf 0.1 - BODs take with 0.1 skill elf

about human
10% increase in harvesting resources (lumber and leather)
1 ore bunus all 10 sucesfull mining

about elf
higher chance to find rare resources (not fully implemented, but will apply to the rare ML resources)
here is biggest chance for colors ingots*, gems are same for human or elf... 0.6% for one hit mining (maybe)

Last edited:

zulu2401

Squire
Why the fuuuuuck haven't archers damage been nerfed since runics? And why the fuuuuuuck do it get chased down by archer with running shot who is across the atlantic fucking ocean? Please explain? This is bullshit

Borys90

Traveler
Archers are fine. You just don't play wisely and don't know how to save mana so conc blow has increased dmg
And composite bow's range is 10, your telerpots 11