UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Demise shard moving hardware

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Demise shard moving hardware

At approximately 16:00 EST (GMT-5) we will be moving the UOGamers: Demise to a new physical server on our network. This move will provide Demise with better hardware and make management much easier for our staff. This hardware change will take approximately one hour to complete.

The shard will be changing it's IP address during this transition to 75.126.197.214. If you're using Razor to connect you can just paste the IP in the "Server" field of Razor (using port 2593) to connect to the shard.

We expect to have the shard back online around 17:00 EST (GMT-5). We invite all of you who play Demise to join us on the IRC network for chat while the shard is down and we will be happy to keep you updated there.

The IRC chat server is irc.runuo.com and the Demise channel is #Demise for those of you who wish to join us.

We appreciate your patience during this time and look forward to getting Demise moved to provide you with an even better game server.

Thanks,
Ryan McAdams

Tempest

Knight
Re: Demise shard moving hardware

Good, hopefully this fixes that lame resynch bs that I get here and not on Hybrid.

Khephren

Knight

those kind of changes are usually good ;)

ive seen a few since im here and was always pleased :)

Gardez le beau travail !

uome

Bug Hunter

New forum look.
New hardware.
Updates on the way!!!

You guys are awesome.

Two Wolves

Knight

The shard will be changing it's IP address during this transition to 75.126.197.214.

[Question]
is this a true statement; the IP address of Demise will permanently change (for the foreseeable future) due to this transition.
[/Question]

Thank you.

lumin

Wanderer

Ryan;340064 said:
The shard will be changing it's IP address during this transition to 75.126.197.214.

Wait, it says that the IP address will be changing 'during this transition' so after the transition does that mean it will change back?

Kowe

Wanderer

Kowe;340070 said:
Great news :) Will this affect save times?

Well it turns out it did affect save times. I noticed it to be about 7 seconds faster :) Yay!

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

Kowe;340125 said:
Well it turns out it did affect save times. I noticed it to be about 7 seconds faster :) Yay!

Save times were cut in half.

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin

Please page us in game if you find any issues. One thing we have been seeing thus far is some of the NPC's stuck in the floors.

Horus Sek

Wanderer

Thanx staff! :)

Oh BTW: I just logged in for the first time in a couple days. I did not have to change anything in Razor. I'm good? I was wondering about the IP addy change.

DaveGiant

Sorceror

Horus Sek;340698 said:
Oh BTW: I just logged in for the first time in a couple days. I did not have to change anything in Razor. I'm good? I was wondering about the IP addy change.

I also haven't changed anything on razor and can log in fine, did the ip change after all?

Cold Blood

Sorceror

yea,its IP has changed,but if u choose demise server though razor to login,u wont get anything wrong :D

st3in

Wanderer

Cold Blood;341196 said:
yea,its IP has changed,but if u choose demise server though razor to login,u wont get anything wrong :D

I believe we got the heads up on the ip so we could log back on right away; ahead of DNS changes propagating through the 'net. ;)