UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

!Factions!

Was this needed?

• Total voters

Strider

Page
Factions

Previous changes: Capture time was changed from 8 hours to 4 hours, CoM base was also altered (open to feedback).

*CHANGES NEXT SERVER WARS:* We will be adding the option to use the "help stuck" feature while inside of a faction base (ONLY AS A GHOST), this makes it so that staff does not have to get involved with factions when a player happens to get stuck accidentally and or purposely inside of a faction base. This feature will have a timer so that players can not just instantly leave the base upon death (similar to the help stuck timer).

I have not been very active on these forums but with the recent heated debates and interest sparking in factions I could not pass up the opportunity of making a thread, and also getting players opinions on this subject.

As Hybrid staff we are asking the players opinions and suggestions to improve the current faction system. With this being said, Hybrids staff team will read these suggestion and consider the ones that we think could help improve the current system. We are open to all suggestions, but please take the time to think over your suggestions and give us a logical explanation on how/why you think it would help the current system.

We understand in previous threads there has been some issues with our CoM factioner's, as the base was changed. How can we help fix this issue keeping both sides happy?

We would love to know opinions to these questions:

*Why do you enjoy factions?

*What will keep you playing in factions?

*What can we do to bring the old factioner's back and keep them happy so they can enjoy the game?

*What updates do players suggest (and agree together) we should make to spice things up a bit?

*Faction items/rewards? Should there be new items added, removed, tweaked etc? (blood roses etc)

<------Please leave the bashing of other players out of this thread------>

Please note that not all suggestions will be implemented, or considered. However they will be reviewed.

We also ask our players to please do not get discouraged if your suggestions do not get implemented it is nothing personal we just can not add every suggestion put on the table, but only the ones that make sense. These changes do take time, so please bare with us on this matter. Thank you to all of our players, Hybrid staff.

KalivDIESEL

Sorceror
Bringing back the faction page and player lookup should make things a lot better too.... Seeing who has the most points and leading in factions makes people wanna play...

nightmare878

Sorceror
Having only 3 factions would be cool. Maybe make 3 different factions a little change would be nice.. Wands should be terminated.

wand termination?? sounds like another server bro

this is hybrid

but...anyway..server is going to be dead soon..

nomore action nomore people

we need to do something

Take away wands and everyone will constantly run. Just look at uof for that.

The help stuck command is a terrible idea.
ith hiding making you undetectable and help stucking out Capping sigs isn't going to be a tactical engagement anymore.
It goign to be a bunch of hidrs rushing in and stucking out.

KalivDIESEL

Sorceror
Take away wands and everyone will constantly run. Just look at uof for that.

ith hiding making you undetectable and help stucking out Capping sigs isn't going to be a tactical engagement anymore.
'

That was exactly my first thought when I read that.

Strider

Page
You can only do this when you are dead as a ghost, so it will not effect any of these issues you bring up. There will roughly be a 30 second timer before it teleports you outside of the base. Sorry I was not as clear on this update as I should have been.

KalivDIESEL

Sorceror
Yes, but also shows how many points your factioner has... And for each faction the top 10 with most points names are displayed with how many points they have.. Also who has possession of the sigils...

Strider

Page
Yes, but also shows how many points your factioner has... And for each faction the top 10 with most points names are displayed with how many points they have.. Also who has possession of the sigils...
I do like this, maybe Suzy can put something in the works. This will give players something else to strive for, to get their name on that faction leaderboard. Thanks for the suggestion.

people shouldnt cry about making a base ramp bigger, it makes sense so people cant sit inside with it completely walled off for no reason, walling shit off is discouraging pvp, all base openings should be wide open entrances so that people can fight instead of dropping 125 candelabras to sit there for 4 hours doing nothing.

Bile

Knight
I figure a better solution is to bring Order vs. Chaos into the limelight. I'm talking about a global reason to choose a side, total control. I think it will be more engaging for both Trammies/Hardcore players to put time or perhaps the effort into engaging in combat. The main idea is much like factions, to control. How about, instead of controlling separate towns, the entire map? Whomever may be winning the war, gets to set the worlds vendor prices for a certain grace period after there has been determined a "winner". How about going beyond just hiking or lowering, how about setting if vendors will even buy items at all? I mean, currently if one town has hiked prices, you can simply go to the other and the job is done, so perhaps if the choice lay in the hands of an alignment we could possibly see the typical bank sitter/crafter/hunter join the fray to correct what may possibly be at detriment to each other. It would be quite interesting if the shard were to go on a no-buy & high-sell period for weeks. I bet some even on the side of the alignment that is causing such a disaster to question their allegiance.

How about some perks;
  • Give a member of each side a bonded mount (White Steed/Dark Steed?), able to res with a single bandage from its owner, and endless pet summoning. - but takes 5 slots (cuts down dragons/mares/summons) - Sure, tamers could still join and use pets in combat, but risk being captured. This wont kill bola's, but will motivate people to stay in the fight with or against them.
  • Order/Chaos Shields - make them spell channel - but provide no chance to block or parry attacks - looks ftw.
  • Stat-loss; How about instead of a 5m timer, you remain in statloss until you are at full hit points? You could get a fly res on the field, healed to full life, and snatch up a lootbag and jump back into the fray. I think this will still provide that essence of "oh, he's dead, see him in 5 minutes", but in large scale fights there is that lingering presence that even though you are killing, the battles not over yet.
  • Minesweepers - Give Tinkers who are in Order/Chaos a tool to sweep a tile (only inside of either base) to clean a tile of all its possession (candles/boxes/shit) and put a 10 minute timer on its use? This will slow down the invade, but not make the efforts of those who smash boxes filled with shit a total waste.

or scratch all of this shit and go stack up that punkte.

kj10001

Sorceror
I really don't have a problem with the 5 tiles but I think every base should have it sl still has 1 tile doorways that u can block block off easy and Tb has 2 tiles and both them bases u can just sit up stairs and cast down below while people are trying to pick up the candles

also 8 hours yes was a long time but 4 hours is kind of short maybe try 6 hours it would also be cool to see a timer when sigs are placed for resets and tell cap so everyone knows

Prince Rainier

Sorceror
I really don't have a problem with the 5 tiles but I think every base should have it sl still has 1 tile doorways that u can block block off easy and Tb has 2 tiles and both them bases u can just sit up stairs and cast down below while people are trying to pick up the candles

also 8 hours yes was a long time but 4 hours is kind of short maybe try 6 hours it would also be cool to see a timer when sigs are placed for resets and tell cap so everyone knows

Kj- just said it.

COM base had been that way for YEARS why the change?

kj10001

Sorceror
Why does com and tb get to flood there bases with guards but sl and minax don't?
I agree both are unfair at least at com you can avoid the guards a little where as TB its right it front of your face forcing you to 1 tile space sometimes loaded with traps if you want to mess with a base to even out factions you really need to even them all out I mean how many other faction bases have there own stables inside the base.