UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Fletching/Bowcraft Guide

Mauler

Wanderer
Fletching/Bowcraft Guide

As mentioned in my Carpentry guide, it is best to train while in a bowyer's store so you can sell items you make to the bowyer NPC.

0-30 Buy from NPC (If NPC will not train all the way to 30, make shafts 1 by 1 till you hit 30.0 Be warned, if you put a bundle of boards/logs in your backpack it will make the entire stack into shafts leaving you with no logs left in your pack to train with)

30-60 Bows
60-70 Crossbows
70-80 Composite Bows
80-90 Heavy Crossbows
90-GM Repeating Crossbows

Once you reach GM Bowcraft you will also be able to modify Juka bows. Juka bows are found on Juka Lords and are slayer weapons. They do have an 80 DEX and 80 STR requirement, and cannot be equipped unless modified by a GM Bowyer.

I used about 20k boards to reach GM

Re: Fletching/Bowcraft Guide

If you use the faction trick and darts you can go from 50 to GM with using about (can't remember exact amount) 5k wood.

talshar

Wanderer

deoren-demise said:
If you use the faction trick and darts you can go from 50 to GM with using about (can't remember exact amount) 5k wood.
What is the faction trick?

Leave any guild you're in, go join a faction and drink a poison potion strong enough to kill you. You will suffer skill loss for 20 minutes.

Once those 20 minutes are over any skill that you gained during that time will be added back to your original skill level before you suicided with poison. It can also happen if an enemy faction member spots you in Fel.

Using the faction trick and just crafting fuyika darts. I went from 50-gm fletching in maybe 1 & a 1/2 hrs! And I kid u not, only 1800 boards. All u do is this:

Place a secure in your house to hold your 1800 boards. Set up a trash barrel right next to it. Then u set up a razor macro to grab one board at a time and craft one dart all the way til you hit gm. Start out with 50 skill and just craft one dart at a time. When u hit 75 do the faction trick, then go back to your house and continue to gain. Keep in mind you have to stay in skill loss for this to work. So every 20 minutes get killed by an opponent faction member (or one of ur other chars) and continue to work your skill. U will gm in no time!

Set up your macro so that you will grab one board from your secure (doesn't work with bank box for some reason) and craft one dart and then drag the dart to the trash can, then repeat. Just buy all the fletcher kits from the bowyer in skara for 2gp per, and you're good to go.

aazim

Sorceror

faction trick works also with your own pet :0
so your horse can kill you but only in felluca...

Hikkaro

Wanderer

I crafted darts all the way to 90, then composite bows to 100. It took about 2.5k logs and no faction trick whatsoever. Don't remember how much time it took, though.

Steading

Wanderer

This is my methods to become GM in a week and make much money with Fletching/Bowcraft an Lumber skills

Ingredients:
Some Bowcraft tools
Some Axe
A Lamapack or Horsepack

Go in a wood place near Vendor Bow for example Yew

take an Axe in the hand
open the Bowcraft tools on Weapons Tab

with razor register a macro like this

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1079410324|5187
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.TargetRelLocAction|0|-1
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1079410324|5187
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.TargetRelLocAction|0|-1
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:03
Assistant.Macros.GumpResponseAction|9|0|0
Assistant.Macros.WaitForGumpAction|949095101|False|300
Assistant.Macros.GumpResponseAction|23|0|0
Assistant.Macros.GumpResponseAction|2|0|0

if you use this remember of re-targed the axe.

and now start the macro near a tree
when the tree is without wood
go in an other tree
for many and many time
during this works moves the bows from your backpack to lamapack pets
when both are full go to the bow vendor and sell the bows makes.

When the bowcraft skill is near 80-90 you can make 1K golds in less than 3 min.

you must do this with carpentry skill but the golds that you can make is very very less: you can sell a bow for 23 gold, for an a chairs you can make only 6 gold.

Good luck

P.S. excuse for my English I'm italian :rolleyes:

Crynth

Sorceror

I just bought to 30
bows to 60
crossbows to 100

took about 10k boards and 3-4 hours

Olaf

Wanderer

Crynth's method is good for someone who doesn't want to be bothered doing all the faction shit.

I couldn't get UORazor to split the boards up to try & mess with dart making.

I went to Minoc Felluca, walked around and chopped wood. (20 logs/swing). When the pack was full, I made bows/xbows at the skill levels Crynth discussed. Repeat a few times and once my pack was full of bows or xbows I went to the Minoc blacksmith & sold them.

When I hit GM I had about 35k in the bank and was also a GM lumberjack.

talshar

Wanderer

Olaf;341915 said:
I couldn't get UORazor to split the boards up to try & mess with dart making.
You have to use the the Restock option under the Agents tab in Razor. Place all your stuff in a container and pull one at a time from it. Best to do this in your house or you could use your bank box. Really easy to set up with a macro.
This is a basic, no frills macro for making darts. You need to create a Restock item in the Restock 1 slot for this macro to work.
Absolute target is the location the wood is stored so retarget that.
For best results, if planning of doing this afk, set up some conditionals.

Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Restock Agent-1
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1080644489|568|1205|32|3711
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01.1000000
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1085035543|4130
Assistant.Macros.GumpResponseAction|8|0|0
Assistant.Macros.GumpResponseAction|16|0|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01.1000000