UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Guide: automated discordance training (after 11/11/12 patch)

Maharajji

Sorceror
NOTE TO MODS: while this shows many trapped creatures, all of them are tameable which Tessa has informed me is indeed legal.
ALSO: YOU DO NOT NEED TO GO FAR AWAY TO REMOVE DISCORDANCE, INVISIBILITY WORKS TOO (FOR 20 SECONDS) (SPECIAL THANKS TO INCUBUSFAN)​
NEW DISCORDANCE GUIDE (VIDEO DEMO BELOW)
(guide will be updated with a bit more information over the next day or so)

The new system of discordance training no longer allows skill gains on creatures that are under discordance. In order to get the creature to "drop" its discordance, you need to be out of range for about 20 seconds (23 seconds to account for sudden lag spikes). I have designed an easy method to (nearly)fully automate the process as long as you have a large house, razor & a tamer to tame the animals required.​
TO BEGIN: Setup 2 teleporters in your house, side by side, that are 1 tile from an area where tamed animals cannot escape (as seen in picture below). Also, make sure the teleporters are walled in, so your characters won't overstep their teleporters, (Razor "walking" macros are imprecise, walls are necessary)​
SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS:​
Here is a video demonstration to give you an idea.​
Setup your RAZOR macro as follows:
double click drum ("target by item type")​
Pause 1 second​
Discordance on 1st target​
Pause 12.5 seconds (12.5 to give room for server lag, 10 seconds for perfect ping)​
Discordance on 2nd target​
Pause 12.5 seconds​
Discordance on 3rd target​
Pause 12.5 seconds​
Discordance on 4th target​
1 second​
Walk: West​
Walk: West​
Pause 23 Seconds​
Walk: East​
Walk: East​
(LOOP)​
0-30 Discordance - Train from an NPC Bard​
30-59.1 Discordance - Polar Bears​
59.1-95 Discordance - Giant Beetles​
95-100 Tamed Mares​

from what i gathered its 20 seconds of being out of los. doesnt matter if you hop on and off the mount or run offscreen. just need to break los. i even just invised my guy and worked easy enough. but it does take 20 seconds.

but its also flawed in that as long as you maintain line of sight its infinite. you will only have to discord each mare at the begining of the session of training then never again unless you break los. hope the info helps you train mares a little faster.

Paracelsus

Sorceror
my old way to train discord was dismount, discord, mount, dismount (discord disappear immediately) to repeat. not sure if it is still working after the new patch. Interested to check it out if it is still working.

Paracelsus

Sorceror
but its also flawed in that as long as you maintain line of sight its infinite. you will only have to discord each mare at the begining of the session of training then never again unless you break los. hope the info helps you train mares a little faster.

It doesn't check los to break. Timeout or too-far away will break. You need to loop the discordance on each mare to maintain its status.

EDIT: With the new patch, I am not sure if the distance has effect. If I remember, I will verify it after my afk.

Paracelsus

Sorceror
my old way to train discord was dismount, discord, mount, dismount (discord disappear immediately) to repeat. not sure if it is still working after the new patch. Interested to check it out if it is still working.
not working now.

It doesn't check los to break. Timeout or too-far away will break. You need to loop the discordance on each mare to maintain its status.

EDIT: With the new patch, I am not sure if the distance has effect. If I remember, I will verify it after my afk.

As before patch, discord doesn't care the line of sight. But, it does care the distance but with different logic.

Discord (before patch)
If bard A discords a mare, the discordance is cancelledif the mare is away from bard A or being mounted then dismounted. Otherwise, wait for timeout.

Discord (after patch)
If bard A discords a mare, the discordance can only be cancelled if the mare is mounted then dismounted with bard A AWAY from it. Otherwise, wait for timeout.

Maharajji

Sorceror

confirmed. Although you don't even need to maintain LOS, you just have to stay within 8 tiles? (give or take)

i'm setting up all my macros to assume this will be changed, though as far as im concerned, this would benefit mare trainers overall.

confirmed. Although you don't even need to maintain LOS, you just have to stay within 8 tiles? (give or take)

i'm setting up all my macros to assume this will be changed, though as far as im concerned, this would benefit mare trainers overall.

yea i didnt mean los like people think. when i say los i mean vision. its my poor choice of words. basicly you mount/run away/or log out and it breaks the discord but it takes 20 seconds from what i can tell to break it.

Paracelsus

Sorceror
I withdraw what I said about the discordance here as I was not totally understand the change after patch. Sorry for the confusion caused.

Paracelsus

Sorceror
If you discord a pet, the pet will be in discord state as long as you are nearby. But, if you hide, the discord will be time-out soon even you are next to the pet.

Quizalotte'

Sorceror

Tryed this with the new Mare Training Helper Char im making. Seems like as long as you wait the full 20 seconds it still works.

Quizalotte'

Sorceror
Tryed this with the new Mare Training Helper Char im making. Seems like as long as you wait the full 20 seconds it still works.

Gains seem to stop at 80.9 show real. So far ive worked discord from 30 to 80.9 using a beetle with the dismount, discord, mount trick. Im going to try a few other mounts to see if i can continue the gains....

Quizalotte'

Sorceror
Gains seem to stop at 80.9 show real. So far ive worked discord from 30 to 80.9 using a beetle with the dismount, discord, mount trick. Im going to try a few other mounts to see if i can continue the gains....

I was unable to find a 0 Taming 0 lore ridable pet that would bring me above 80.9 show real. I tryed everything from ozzies to swampys. I finished gming discord off of my tamers mare. I cant conferm that the dismount, discord, mount trick would bring you to gm with mares, but im asuming it would as I was able to go from 80.9 to gm using my tamers mare...

Maharajji

Sorceror
I was unable to find a 0 Taming 0 lore ridable pet that would bring me above 80.9 show real. I tryed everything from ozzies to swampys. I finished gming discord off of my tamers mare. I cant conferm that the dismount, discord, mount trick would bring you to gm with mares, but im asuming it would as I was able to go from 80.9 to gm using my tamers mare...
i too used a tamed mare to GM, which i mentioned at the very bottom of the guide, but there were no pictures

Codra

Wanderer
Hey dudes. i wanted to Add to this. I trained disco about a month ago. if ur doing it on a tamer its best to use your own mount. u can make a super simple macro. to dismount discord... remount pause the 13-15 seconds to remove discord. then restart loop. buy the skill to 30. then do a regular mount, thena beetle, then a mare around 70's to gm
PS guess i shoulda read all the posts. in reply to lastpost, deff can use the mount/dismount to gm witha mare. probably easiest set up.
for the guy without taming yet. there is a simple teleporter setup u can use, i dont know how to add screen shots. but would be happy to show you in game. (it consists of 2 teles staggered
Just PM me or find me in game as Azazael