UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Guide: Fishing

Iddio

Page
Re: Guide: Fishing

If you buy SoS's the spot they are fished up is random, how do you go about finding these things if you didn't fish it up on location? What I mean is are there any maps that show where to sail off from in order to be closer to the cords of the SoS.

DeViiaNt

Knight

Iddio;1841111 said:
If you buy SoS's the spot they are fished up is random, how do you go about finding these things if you didn't fish it up on location? What I mean is are there any maps that show where to sail off from in order to be closer to the cords of the SoS.

The SOS has coordinates, type them into UOAM and it shows the location on the map. Drop a marker on that spot, recall to the closest town or island then start sailing in that direction.

War2.0

Sorceror

I'm not sure if this was mentioned already or not, but you can use those islands that players paid for to fish on. You click on the grass like it was water and you fish right through it. Makes training easier...

War2.0

Sorceror

The nets work there.

Edit: In fact, you can fish up MIB's off those islands. It's considered a deep sea tile apparently.

Grimm_D

Sorceror

Anyone know roughly what the % is for sea creatures to spawn? Currently i am using 1 fisher and 1 fighter on a long boat with one of the said macros above using Razor but it seems like i am out here for an hour with only 1 creature spawning. The fish is good and all for raising my fishing but damn it would be nice to get a little more reward. and if the information is already here i am sorry but i did not see.

War2.0

Sorceror

Starting at 65 skill you have a chance to fish up a serpant. I assume I get maybe 5-6 serpants an hour at GM.

Spirit Blade;1869843 said:
Anyone know roughly what the % is for sea creatures to spawn? Currently i am using 1 fisher and 1 fighter on a long boat with one of the said macros above using Razor but it seems like i am out here for an hour with only 1 creature spawning. The fish is good and all for raising my fishing but damn it would be nice to get a little more reward. and if the information is already here i am sorry but i did not see.

Agree broadly with what the poster before me said. As long as you're not AFK, you'll also come across Sea Serpents and the odd Kraken/Wate Ele that have escaped from previous net-spawns.

There can be wild variations though - yesterday in one hour with two GM Fisherman, I got only one creature but six "big fish". Go figure.

Grimm_D

Sorceror

Guess it's just the area im fishing and my luck, once i cross over the boundary from the north of the map going into the south the southern area of the map i have better luck but for every 1k raw fish i cut up and get i get maybe 1 sea creature of sorts (at least on the northern part of the map) and on the southern it gets better but not by far.

Amerigo

Sorceror

darkridge25;1909000 said:
I was wondering someone said that u can fish up colored sandels is that true or where they bullshiting?

Bullshitting indeed. You can get normal hue ones... oh you will get tons of normal hue sandies

PinoX7

Wanderer

I was wondering why I never got MIB, I use to just float away from serps, thinking they were just an annoyance. I think I had 3 or 4 swimming around me at one point.

Now the only question is, do I train my GM fisher how to heal/resist/archer
Or do I train my Archer with resist and healing how to fish :p

Doug502

Wanderer

I didnt think you had to have Tactics with an archer.
I know bows still have the modifiers but thought that someone had posted on here before about this and that tactics has nothing to do with archery. Cant remember if thats right or not.

D

[IX]Valac

Wanderer

I made 2 fisherman recently. And here's my thoughts about all builds etc.

Made one char as Addicted mentioned above, that one works great. Great thing about bow/xbows is, that you can keep one equipped while you fish (fishing rod can be in your backpack and you can still fish) and set yourself on "war"-mode. Even you wouldn't be paying attention all the time on screen, your char will kill easily that serpent alone.

Other char is a peacing bard scribe mage. Magery, medit, eval, music, peace, scribe and fishing. Scribe I took simply because I didnt have that skill on any chars yet, so that is irrelevant there. This one can kill those serpents easily as well, but that wont happen automaticly like archer does. Ofc if you run several chars at the same time, there's possible that you spawn multiple serpents / krakens at the same time and then that peace comes to play. Anyhow, either char works just fine without resist etc.