UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Guide: Fishing

Damn't

Sorceror
Re: Guide: Fishing

Hmmm.. Been a few years but I know it's still the same. Here's what i've done:
I had 1 fisher on all 4 of my accounts.. I had a buddy which would use a ghost character and macro I designed to tell the oarsman to move forward 5 tiles (You do this at the bottom of the map/top where you can sail around the world without stopping) every so often. My 4 fishermen would have a macro going for fishing, 2 on each side of the boat, one at the front, 1 at the back. You can also fish while you are hidden, so all 4 fishers of mine had hiding.

The sea serpeants once pulled up do not wander more than i'd guess 12 tiles from the spot they were fished up. So after a few hours of doing this i'd just turn the boat around and head back in the opposite direction. I literally had 100s of nets and 100s of SoS' per week. Be warned! If everything is still the same as it was 2-3 years ago you need to set the fish to drop at your feet so you do not get jailed/banned for resource gathering while AFK.

Also i logged on a few times to find my fishers dead, or someone following behind me killing the serpents as I pulled them up. (With 4 fishers you are pulling them up pretty often once you get the macro timed right to fish and move forward a few squares.

To gm fishing fast: Start in Vesper, go to the riverbank to the East I believe it is and use a macro such as:
Double click item by type; fishing pole. (Just have a few in your bag, or a ton of them, i use to spend the 1000 in gold on a bunch, so if thieves came along, which rarely happens)
Target area on screen (River) repeat this like 5 times, walk up 2-3 steps, reapeat.
Repeat the walking along the riverbank toward the North and fishing multiple times, then walk back down doing the same to the tile you started on. Loop it!
Also if you want to multiclient it you can use a ghost on a ship to move the boat forward X number of tiles while your fishermen are hidden fishing, that way you never fish the area out and are waiting for it to refresh.

Special nets: I'm not discrediting anything about what you fellas said, but I may have just been unlucky... I received at least 1 special colored net every 1-2 days (Killed 100s of serps in that time) but it was only from killing the serpents which were pulled up from my fishing. I did a lot of the SoS' myself and pulled up the normal bones, pillows and other miscellaneous stuff you get while fishing for the sunken treasure chests but no special hued nets.

I'd also suggest keeping the key to your boat in your house where your other characters can access it in case pirates kill you. I'd always recall in to the rescue with my tamer. (WW/mare)

Again, with all of this just be reminded, as it was years ago, i'm sure it's still illegal to auto gather resources while AFK. This got me jailed once on all 4 accounts at one time. Set the fish to drop at your feet. I doubt the counselors/GMs/Admin care about the sandals or boots, but 1,000,000,000,000 fish steaks add up.

UPDATE: Let me add that what Hatebringer said below is in fact true. so i've modified what I do to just have one of the fishers unhidden (Fencer) on the plank to kill the serpents as they pop up (Still fishing) . I do this while I browse the forums or I just am active on that fisher. (With 4 going the serpents pop up alot faster) Correct me if i'm wrong, but as long as you are not AFK then it is legal. Thanks Hatebringer, you probably kept me from getting jailed.

Hatebringer

Sorceror

What you are doing is against the rules. If a staff member pops in on your boat and you dont reply you will be jailed. Unattended macroing is not allowed to gather resources.

Uomvp

Knight
If i make basically a mage/fisherman. is that a good combo? Will a mage hold it down? Possibley sending my other characters with it?

mjr11

Sorceror

What you are doing is against the rules. If a staff member pops in on your boat and you dont reply you will be jailed. Unattended macroing is not allowed to gather resources.

what i think hes saying is, he doesnt care for the fishsteaks, so he puts the fish to drop at his feet, so hes not gathering resources... what hes doing is fishing up the serpants, then coming back to kill them all? i think.. im not sure lol

crazyUO

Sorceror

ATTENTION: MiBs is where you'll find your rare colored special fishing nets. The chance of getting colored net is very low.(I personally had to fish up roughly 25 MiBs before I got my first colored net.)

FYI...I have pulled up a rare colored fishing net off of a serpant

I have pulled a rare net off a serpant too. Although, it only happened one time out of hundreds of times. It never happens.

Nerzhul

Wanderer
Hi :)
I used my fish net and a water elemental had appeared, but I lost my fishnet! It has just disappeared! Can you tell me why?

Amerigo

Sorceror
Hi :)
I used my fish net and a water elemental had appeared, but I lost my fishnet! It has just disappeared! Can you tell me why?

The fishing nets are 1 use only. Use them once and they are gone. They have about a 1/5 chance of getting a Kraken with a SOS on it.

Damn't

Sorceror
using a fishnet spawns a monster that has an sos.

As Amerigo said above, the fishnets spawn: sea serpents, water elementals, and Krakens. The Krakens sometimes have mibs on them. One fishnet will not always get you an mib, quite far from it.