UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Guide to Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.

M a r k u s

Wanderer
Guide to Donations

I couldn't find a guide on Donations, I hope I'm not really blind hehe. Feedback is appreciated. I couldn't post this directly in the guide section. I guess the mod team makes that decision ^^

I had this at the bottom, not visible enough imo. Fair warning folks.
Refunds Policy: Long story short. NONE. http://www.uogstore.com/hybrid_store/pages.php?pageid=1
DISCLAIMER: It is -illegal- to sell anything for real life dollars. It's an insta ban.

After reading and answering so many questions regarding the online store and donations, I decided it may be useful to have a guide ^^ So bear with me and I'll explain why and how to make a donation to Hybrid. I'll even explain how to claim a promotional code.

First things first... Why donate!?

1- Help pay the bills! None of us pay subscription fees to play on Hybrid. If you're looking for that old school UO. Stop looking, it's here and it's free. We all have the potential to have 4 accounts, 4 houses and 20 characters... For FREE. But as we all know, nothing in life is entirely free... Someone is paying something somewhere. When they aren't paying with their hard earned cash, they are paying with their free time... And as we all know, time is money :p

2- Sheer fun factor! You can be a bank sitting tamer with pimped out neon green hair and beard over night if you like! Buy a 7x skill ball and instantly have a character with the template of your choice. A character that accommodates your play style. Whatever it may be. The online store offers a wide variety of virtual items that will help you pick up where you left off or get off to a very good start!

Aight, now on to the nitty gritty. How to donate!

To make a Donation to Hybrid your going to need to head over to http://www.uogstore.com/hybrid_store/ and create an account. The UOG store has a wide variety of virtual items for sale. Gold, character mods and much more. I'm not going to list them all, the majority is self explanatory. If you're new to Hybrid and you're unclear on what some of the items do, drop me a line, I'll be glad to answer you. Check the store frequently, items come and go. ^^

Now that you have your account setup you can start dreaming and drooling about what you're going to buy next!

Once the salivating is over you can start adding items to your virtual shopping cart. This is done by simply clicking the "Add To Cart" link that can be found under all of the products. You can review and modify the contents of your virtual shopping cart at any time by clicking the "View Cart" tab which is the 5th tab from the left at the top of your screen.

So your virtual shopping cart is now full! Now it's time to pay :) Click the "View Cart (x items)" tab which can be found at the top of the screen, 5th tab from the left. Double check the contents of your cart. If everything looks good, click the "PROCEED TO CHECKOUT" tab.

This will then take you to the "Choose a Billing Address" page. Personally, I just click the "Bill to this address" tab. I do the same on the "Choose a Shipping Address" page, just click the "Ship to this address" tab. There is no shipping. All items will be claimed in game.

Once again you're given a chance to review your order. When you're done, click the "PROCEED TO PAYMENT" tab.

The next page is the "Choose how to check out" page. Visa, Mastercard, AMEX and debit are all valid forms of payments. Personally, I use wiffee's PayPal account lol... Once the order is paid for you will need to return to the online store. Usually they redirect you back to the UOG store. But just in case they don't, what you're looking for is the "Order Status" tab, which is the second tab from the left at the top of the screen. This is where all the important information is and this is where gamers sometimes get confused.

But before I explain how to claim your donation, let me clarify what I mean by "once the order is paid for". Some methods of payment require some waiting. It's not when money has been withdrawn from your bank account, or taken off your credit card... It's when the UOG store gets it's money! So inform yourself. Speak with your bank. That's on you imo lol... You will know that the UOG store got their money when your looking at the "Order Status" page and it says "This is order is marked as Awaiting Fulfillment". Otherwise it will say "Awaiting Payment".

The "Order Status" page is where all the important information is. You will need the Order #. I suggest writing it down. Especially if it's your first transaction. People tend to get into panic mode very quickly. Relax, it's all on the up and up.

After you write the Order # down click on the green tab entitled "VIEW ORDER STATUS". You will need to write down two pieces of information from this page. Your zip/postal code and the total amount of your order.

Now that your order is paid for and you have those 3 pieces of very important information, head into game. Go to the bank of your choice and enter the following command:

[claimdonation

A UO style gump will appear asking you to enter those 3 pieces of information.
1- The Order #
2- Your zip/postal code
3- The total amount of your order (EX: 25.00)

ENJOY!

How to take advantage of a promotional code:

Every once and awhile the UOG store will have a sale. Example: 25% off your order. It's a pretty fucking sweet deal when you think about it and the pixel crack heads have a hard time resisting... Wut?! *twitches nervously*

The way the specials work is there will be an Announcement on the forums or you will be prompted in game. I was only prompted in game once, so I forget exactly what it said. Basically it asks for permission to open your browser with a link to said Announcement. The Announcement will contain the following information only: %xx discount and the promotional code. EX: HYBRIDROCKS2008 (please note this code has expired and as of right now, there is no promotion currently going on).

So if you were to want to take advantage of a promotion you will need to follow all of the steps above AND enter the promotional code into the space provided. "Coupon Code, like in the picture below. (Picture courtesy of Cefte).

rshharrison

Sorceror
You mention that the order status will be either "Awaiting Payment" or "Awaiting Fulfillment" in your post. Well what if the order status has been blank for about two days? Is my order dead? It was awaiting payment for about a week, but after the funds were received the order status just went blank.

Countessa

Knight
You need to page ingame for donation issues. Even if the order status shows blank, you should be able to retrieve your donation gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.