UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Guide to: Running UO/Razor on OSX!

T

travof

X11- XQuartz 2.5.0 (xorg-server 1.7.6) ???

wine- 1.4.1

winebottler- 1.2.5

thanks so much!

T

travof

I live in Ausstralia so the time difference might get tricky... ill be on for another hour... and then in 7 hours again. i would love to play asap. its 11pm now..

Army of Jobe

Wanderer
Hey Travof, I haven't forgotten about you. I'm out of town right now, and will continue to be for a few days. When I get back, I'll happily do my best to get another OSX user here on Hybrid!

Army of Jobe

Wanderer
I'm sorry about that, I actually did end up forgetting about you :oops:. If you could send me the log that is created when you start up UO, that would be likely be very helpful to getting this problem sorted out.

To do this, before starting UO, click on the WineGlass icon and click on "Show Wine Log". Once the log has loaded click on "Clear Display", this will ensure that all the information gathered is from the upcoming attempt at launching UO. Then, launch UO, log into the game, then quit the game. Once you've closed the UO program, click on "File"->"Save a Copy As" then name it whatever you want. Send the resulting log file to my e-mail address, which I will PM to you in a second.

Army of Jobe

Wanderer
Ok, I guess I won't PM it to you. It seems that guest accounts can't receive PMs. without spaces and substitute @ for "at" and . for "dot", my address is: b m o c o n n o at m t u dot e d u

T

travof

I'm sorry about that, I actually did end up forgetting about you :oops:. If you could send me the log that is created when you start up UO, that would be likely be very helpful to getting this problem sorted out.

To do this, before starting UO, click on the WineGlass icon and click on "Show Wine Log". Once the log has loaded click on "Clear Display", this will ensure that all the information gathered is from the upcoming attempt at launching UO. Then, launch UO, log into the game, then quit the game. Once you've closed the UO program, click on "File"->"Save a Copy As" then name it whatever you want. Send the resulting log file to my e-mail address, which I will PM to you in a second.

T

travof

let me know if you havent recieved an email by now... i think i got it right...

Army of Jobe

Wanderer
I got your e-mail and sent you a reply, here's what I'd like you to do.

First, click on the WineGlass icon and click on "Configuration" then click on the "Audio" tab.

If you don't have "CoreAudio" driver listed there, I'd like you to go to click on the WineGlass icon and click on "WineTricks", then in the search bar type "sound". From the remaining items in this list, put a checkmark next to "sound=coreaudio Set Sound to Mac CoreAudio". Then click "Apply"

Hopefully this will get this going for you, if not, please let me know so that I can continue working on the problem.

T

travof

Tried all of that.... still didnt work...

the audio tab doesnt look anything like what you have....

thanks again

Army of Jobe

Wanderer
Yeah, we are currently operating different versions of Wine. Sorry about that.

The last thing I can think to try is to remove the Audio Driver key from the registry. This is achieved by clicking on the WineGlass icon and selecting "Registry Editor". Then, using the hierarchy on the left, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Drivers. Once you are there, highlight the "Audio" key (as I have done in the screen shot), and click on "Edit" then "Delete". After you have deleted the Audio key, close the Registry Editor and open up the Wine Configuration again (WineGlass->Configuration->Audio). With any luck, the sound should now work when you click on the "Test Sound" button.

Your screen might look different, for example the "Data" component of the Audio key might say "Null" or be empty or something.

T

travof

the screen looked exactly the same. it even said coreaudio. but again... it didnt work...

could it be the drivers arent being picked up rather than the audio itself...

T

travof

There were also 2 subfolders that were different in the wine folder.

"Appdefults" and "Crypto" were there...

they are the only differences in the picture.

Army of Jobe

Wanderer
could it be the drivers arent being picked up rather than the audio itself...

I'm certain that that is our problem, and I was hoping that would resolve it. As of a few iterations ago, Wine doesn't really let you specify audio drivers anymore, it does detection/setup automatically. I was hoping that if we removed the registry key for your current audio driver, it would re-detect your audio hardware and resolve your problem. As this didn't solve the problem, I guess I'll see if I can update wine on my own computer and have it break the same way yours did... with any luck, I'll be able to replicate your situation and find a workable solution.

Unfortunately, I'm going back out of town for work and won't be back until Sunday. :(