UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[Help] Being randomly stuck on game...

Marcx

Wanderer
I have a really strange problem, I don't know if it affects someone else..
Sometimes randomly my char being stuck and I cannot move or say, but I can see people/monster around me move/attack/talk...
Then usually after 5-8 seconds everything come back to normal or I get a connection lost message...

I live in Italy and my average ping is 175-180, btw I don't think it's a ping related problem, actually.
I downloaded the installer from the official site, installed it and runuo and started play.. My client version is 7.0.10.3.
I play on the notebook: dell studio 1555
CPU: Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4Ghz
RAM: 4GB Dual Channel
VGA: ATI Radeon HD 4750 (512MB dedicated)

This problem is very annoying

Anyone can help me?

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I've experienced this a few times. I assumed it would've been caused by lag, but it happens too rarely for me to know for sure.

What's your UO client version? And is there any common circumstance under which it occurs?

Marcx

Wanderer
As I said

I downloaded the installer from the official site, installed it and runuo and started play.. My client version is 7.0.10.3.

I forgot to say that I'm running Windows 7 Professional (Genuine), maybe is a compatibility issue... Now I'm trying to set windows xp sp3 compatibiliy...

I also did a ping 1000 times and:
Ping statistics for 173.192.61.176:
Packets: Sent = 1000, Received = 1000, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 170ms, Maximum = 791ms, Average = 178ms

Any idea?
Should I try to patch or try an older client?

mjr11

Sorceror
that sounds like lag, or something like that. its never happened to me on UO but sometimes on league of legends that will happen to me i cant move, but i see others moving, or im like standing there watching myself die lol and cant move or type. but when that happens it usually gives me the disconnected message, or randomly fixes.

Marcx

Wanderer
I updated now client upto 7.0.11.1... I hope to have solved this problem, it's getting annoyed to be stuck 3/4 times per hour :(
I like a lot this shard, but I can't play a long this way :(

It means you're recieveing packets but you aren't sending them out. You can't move as your packets are going nowhere, but you are still getting the packets of other people so they are still moving. It's usually caused by extreme lag for me, like someone else on another computer downloading.