UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

I bet you don't have this 'MURICA

Tobias

Sorceror
There's not really alot to brag about, when living in Denmark.

One thing I can brag about, is our super cool "directly translated" train station names.

Enjoy

Chaos_Lord

Sorceror
America's mass-transit system is antiquated, inefficient, embarrassing, and wasteful!
Kudos to the European (and some Asian) countries that have put together efficient mass-transit systems!!!

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
America's mass-transit system is antiquated, inefficient, embarrassing, and wasteful!
Kudos to the European (and some Asian) countries that have put together efficient mass-transit systems!!!

I heard trains in Japan are to be reckoned with, and that they will reimburse your fare price if they are late by more than one minute.

Not sure if it's true, but that's some serious commitment to mass transit!

Tobias

Sorceror
I heard trains in Japan are to be reckoned with, and that they will reimburse your fare price if they are late by more than one minute.

Not sure if it's true, but that's some serious commitment to mass transit!
I heard that aswell.

Those highspeed trains are not to be fucked with :)

Tobias

Sorceror
You're all saying that we're efficient and stuff, but the reality is that we've got our first metro in 2001, they're still expanding and they're building metros all over town now, about 100+ years too late :(
And then the price for actually using the trains and metros are shit expensive.

Chaos_Lord

Sorceror
You're all saying that we're efficient and stuff, but the reality is that we've got our first metro in 2001, they're still expanding and they're building metros all over town now, about 100+ years too late :(
And then the price for actually using the trains and metros are shit expensive.
How much does it cost? I ASSumed that it would be decently economical. I took the train from East France to West Germany and it was really expensive but that was my only european train experience ( it was over a decade ago and I don't remember the exact amount, just thinking that it was really expensive).
From where I live to Chicago is about 70 miles (110 km) and it costs $10 USD. I know the ride is partially subsidized by the states of Indiana and Illinois but I honestly don't know how much or what percentage.

Tobias

Sorceror
How much does it cost? I ASSumed that it would be decently economical. I took the train from East France to West Germany and it was really expensive but that was my only european train experience ( it was over a decade ago and I don't remember the exact amount, just thinking that it was really expensive).
From where I live to Chicago is about 70 miles (110 km) and it costs $10 USD. I know the ride is partially subsidized by the states of Indiana and Illinois but I honestly don't know how much or what percentage.

The minimum amount for an adult, is $4.
That's even if it's just one station.

But then we have "capitol zones". So there's 7 zones, and each zone has a price of it's own.
If you want to travel 4 zones you need to pay for 4 zones.

Zone 1+2 = 4$
Zone 6 = $12

So minimum $4 and maximum of $12.
Those prices are just inside the zones, if you want to go further you might aswell get ready to starve for a month.