UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Idoc timers - heads up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Players -

I would have never considered this but it's obvious based on what I heard today from multiple guilds who attend IDOC's. When we moved the servers we changed the timezones to run on UTC (http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboututc.shtml). This means if your timezone is "GMT-5" you're running 5 hours behind the server. This will affect ALL of your IDOC timings... any additional time that was lost during the move will also affect IDOC timers. It also means the shards will no longer observe or be affected by Daylight Saving Time (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time).

We apologize for the impact of this change, it was an oversight on our part.

Thanks for your understanding, we know this affects the short term gameplay experience but in the long term this will ensure a better experience for the shard.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Eh no big deal

As much as I would like to say - "Yes you're right"... unfortunately you're not.

We've got a lot of lamers who've chastised the staff over this:

[10:26] <FOLKEN> i dont see how its ok for any GM to drop a house for the sake of one person
[10:26] <FOLKEN> a true shame indeed
[10:27] <FOLKEN> he bragging about which GM it was?
[10:27] <Hybrid874> becuase they were getting multi complants
[10:27] <Hybrid874> about your boats
[10:27] <Hybrid874> they said fuck it
[10:27] <Hybrid469> thats fucking retarded
[10:27] <FOLKEN> lol
[10:27] <Hybrid469> why even stake out houses
[10:27] <Hybrid469> if GMs are just gonna fuck you over?
[10:28] <Hybrid874> now they have complaints off why did they dropped it from fatty folken
[10:28] <Arsene> noooo my pixels that weren't even mine that i didnt get ooohhh nooeesss
[10:28] <Hybrid469> the ppl who actually dedicate time to the game get screwed?
[10:28] <FOLKEN> there are gonna be a lot of people in the most active guild on the server who will say fuck it now
[10:28] <FOLKEN> its no harm to me, my glory extends far beyond needing anything from idocs
[10:28] <Hybrid874> lol folken you know you cried when you logged on
[10:29] <FOLKEN> lol
[10:29] <Hybrid874> and you saw that the house dropped
[10:29] <FOLKEN> too fuckin sleepy to cry
[10:29] <Hybrid874> then you went on irc
[10:29] <Hybrid874> and cried some more
[10:29] <FOLKEN> just wanna know wtf happened
[10:29] <Hybrid874> i fell 45minutes ago to
[10:29] <Hybrid874> i wasnt on
[10:29] <Hybrid874> for it
[10:29] <FOLKEN> lol
[10:29] <FOLKEN> shouldnt have dropped for another 3 hours from now
[10:30] <Hybrid874> the noob
[10:30] <Hybrid874> with the mika
[10:30] <Hybrid874> got the mills
[10:30] <Hybrid874> apparntly
[10:30] <Hybrid874> he said he got 200m from will
[10:31] <Hybrid469> yea
[10:35] <Hybrid874> they shouldve made a event of will getting banned
[10:35] <Hybrid874> like gave his shit away
[10:35] <Hybrid874> or soemthing
[10:35] <Hybrid874> so it got spread out

Folken1

Sorceror
my finger was only pointed at GMs because i saw someone say a GM dropped it in my journal, i am far from a lamer who default blames the staff

RYAN THE MAYAN FLYIN HAWAIIINNN

Thunder

Page
this is for user hybrid 469 who was part of the convo ryan quoted. he said "[10:28] <Hybrid469> the ppl who actually dedicate time to the game get screwed?"

well how do you think the staff (who dedicate their own time to better the server for you) feel when players wanna bitch and complain about things, we make mistakes too sometimes.

FacePump

Knight
hey can you please inform everyone that dbl loot hours changed to this UTC, last night at 3am in the morning cst i was in dbl loot time in dungeons.. but when i logged in it said between 8-12 am/pm est time zone was double loot periods in dungeons.

i could care less about idoc timers.. ive wasted my time there before.. + it should be a 18hr random window on falling so people cannot script.. also will bring pvp to idocs.. instead of a zerg grouup scirpting fall times to the min showing up to take the plot

Tobias

Sorceror
It annoys me that I spend over 10 hours planning and preparing for this idoc, I even left dinner with my brother early, only to come home to find out this shit happened.

Makes me wonder why I even play on this shard sometimes. GM's gets too acquainted with players and do favors.

It makes me mad!

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
It annoys me that I spend over 10 hours planning and preparing for this idoc, I even left dinner with my brother early, only to come home to find out this shit happened.

Makes me wonder why I even play on this shard sometimes. GM's gets too acquainted with players and do favors.

It makes me mad!

Are you dense?

This has nothing to do with the staff getting acquainted with players.

I have yet to hand out a good forum ass whoopin since I've been back but you've got my palm twitching.

Fr0sty

Lord

It makes me mad!

Nobody dropped the house. Quit your crying. Somebody made a mistake, houses got dropped early.

Tobias

Sorceror
Are you dense?

This has nothing to do with the staff getting acquainted with players.

I have yet to hand out a good forum ass whoopin since I've been back but you've got my palm twitching.

Yea I'm slightly retarded <- True Story.
can't blame for for not being completly mental!

ecurb12849

Sorceror
hey can you please inform everyone that dbl loot hours changed to this UTC, last night at 3am in the morning cst i was in dbl loot time in dungeons.. but when i logged in it said between 8-12 am/pm est time zone was double loot periods in dungeons.

i could care less about idoc timers.. ive wasted my time there before.. + it should be a 18hr random window on falling so people cannot script.. also will bring pvp to idocs.. instead of a zerg grouup scirpting fall times to the min showing up to take the plot

you are a hater! don't stay up all night!

el_h3fe

Squire
please allow me to be the first to say thanks to the staff or to whoever its supposed to go to for the fucked up timezones and hours and that it fucked up the idocs. Why, you ask? Quite simple... I invested absolutely no time into timing this idoc, got on today and decided to go to it just to see what was up, waited approx. 1 hour, it dropped and I made a little over 100 mill in items. Im cool with it. Sorry to you guys who spent countless hours timing and skipping dinner with your family but... Thats what you get for not playing enough UO. Next time you'll know not to ever log off for stupid things like sleep, spending time with family and other nonsense.

Code Blue

Knight
Mah hero.

I agree with uomvp and yourself.

I think once a house goes idoc it should be a random timer between 20-25 hours to create a fair balance for people who like to do idocs..

Because I love it when i have an exact time and i get zerged by 20 people. If the idoc times were random people who are dedicated to finding idocs would stay.

The others will go about their buisness.

Uomvp

Knight
I just believe that people should appreciate the amount of time and money that goes into these shards. Everyone needs to remember that we play for free and it is still the top free shard.

el_h3fe

Squire
i loved getting that shit and not having to deal with a bunch of ppl and now all of a sudden since someone else got the shit and they didnt have a chance to go uber gank style on them to get it they are all crybabyish lmfao and all of a sudden as soon as this happens its OMFG A GM DROPPED IT THEY ARE CHEATING BASTARDS RAWR RAWR RAWR RAGE. I actually wouldn't mind idocs being completely random from the time they go idoc. Hell, it would be pretty cool if like once it was idoc it could fall anywhere from 1-5 hours from the time it goes idoc so that it forces u to wait for a period of time and doesntg give ppl an entire day to prepare and get ppl on its like ur either on for it or u arent. I smell a poll.

el_h3fe

Squire
I just believe that people should appreciate the amount of time and money that goes into these shards. Everyone needs to remember that we play for free and it is still the top free shard.

ahmen or amen... or something. It means I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.