UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Interested in Factions

OblivionDR

Sorceror
Interested in Factions

Hi all, I want learn more about factions and how they work. our guild (BoH) was inadvertently made part of CoM, and when i realized that there was really no to need to fear an apposing force (do to the lack of one, haha) im not sure where i was going with that, but iv been wanting to learn to pvp better due to gauntlet and titans are just boring. and the Faction crafting system look interesting. anyone one wish to offer some advice:confused:

Sundae

Wanderer
Re: Interested in Factions

The first comment about factions is that almost nothing happens with them on this shard. :(

Second, they only matter in Felucca. They don't even show up on your name if you're in Trammel, Malas, or Tokuno, let alone get you killed. :)

Death by suicide or rival faction member = 33% reduction in your skills for 15 minutes.

You're supposed to be battling for town control, basically, but nothing happens ever. I'm in the Britannians on one of my characters, and there's been a grand total of one announcement, and it was a "0% FACTION TAX DAY GO GET SILVER YAY!" type of message.

Just level up your characters that have tough skills, go check the merchants in your faction's town for cheap reagents, and then go back to champ spawns. That's about all the action anyone's going to see, it looks like.

bennyw33d

Squire

Second, they only matter in Felucca. They don't even show up on your name if you're in Trammel, Malas, or Tokuno, let alone get you killed.

Give me one reason why to join factions and I will, If its show and taking part only at felucca, why the hell do I need that?

I can think only about disadvantage with factions as not being able to get res\heal by non faction member and about the skill lose...

I think if yours faction tag and ability to fight will take part in all places as tokyno\malas\trammel, more ppl will give it a chance.

bennyw33d;625370 said:
Give me one reason why to join factions and I will, If its show and taking part only at felucca, why the hell do I need that?

conquering and defending cities is cool. Just you have to get contact with the faction leader about vendors.

Sundae

Wanderer

Honestly, does anyone actually conquer or defend cities on this shard? All I see is people whining about vendor prices.

Sundae;626280 said:
Honestly, does anyone actually conquer or defend cities on this shard? All I see is people whining about vendor prices.

well... if there is a city without vendors, I conquer it :)

True that I haven't seen a faction war, now is just a game of "get cities, put vendors, continue": one day all cities are of Minax, another day of CoM, etc.

Insomniac-

Sorceror

we used to have faction fights, but those days are gone... you cant guard zone hide while orange, so people wont join up anymore.