UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Learning to PvP

Octave

Wanderer
Learning to PvP

What are some of the preferred methods of learning to PvP more effectively? I'm somewhat new to the game, and now that I've GMed a good template [nox/inscript/eval/anat/mage/resist/medit] I'm ready to learn to actually be competent in PvP.

Should I just 'duel' a lot?

Does everyone run cheap EasyUO scripts?

Anyone have some right-off-the-bat pointers for me?

Thanks!

Wanev

Wanderer
Octave said:
What are some of the preferred methods of learning to PvP more effectively? I'm somewhat new to the game, and now that I've GMed a good template [nox/inscript/eval/anat/mage/resist/medit] I'm ready to learn to actually be competent in PvP.

Should I just 'duel' a lot?

Does everyone run cheap EasyUO scripts?

Anyone have some right-off-the-bat pointers for me?

Thanks!
I suggest going to the delucia pond to duel alot indeed. There is a dueling system in this shard that allows you to duel without losing your loot in case you do not know this yet.

Most pvpers here use Krioss Client and razor to help them wiht pvp. If you want to stay ontop of the game, i suggest getting one of these.

Don Montana

Wanderer
A couple quick pointers: carry magic trapped pouches, 1 or 2 cure and refresh pots, and no more than 30 of each reg. Also, keep magic reflection up at all times. If a tamer attacks you, para his pets first, set up good spell macros, and a last target macro to help casting on the run.

KingAl037

Sorceror
nah i dont suggest u go into dueling, dueling and pvp fighting is 2 very very differnent things...if u wanna b good at field pvp fighting grab like 10 of each reg and 2 trapped pouches, run around and pick a couple fights, u'll die 100 percent but who cares you wont loose much...keep training..this is a better way to learn.. u can also team up w/ some buddies and go on a gank squad maybe learn that way...

KingAl037

Sorceror
also if u carry trapped pouches never have magic reflect on at all times because a dexer will rape you, besides if u get para'd just pop a pouch, save the magic reflect for the middle of a fight it can save your ass when u need it most..

.Y.

Wanderer
a good template is the key to succes ;-)
And if you're a mage, it's all about timing, reflex, spell combos(be creative, yet effective)... and using the right spells at the right time.
I never rly pvpd much with meelee chars...

Tiens-hybrid

Wanderer
Just find someone to mentor you around if you really wish to become good. I'm sure there's alot of kickass players around here who wouldnt mind recruiting a new person and taking them to a higher pvp level

.Y.

Wanderer
Tiens said:
Just find someone to mentor you around if you really wish to become good. I'm sure there's alot of kickass players around here who wouldnt mind recruiting a new person and taking them to a higher pvp level

Exactly, duelling with a player who will point out your mistakes is rly the best way to improve your skills.. and practice of course ;)

Keystone

Wanderer
Octave,

I just started on UO gamers also. I pvp'd for roughly 5 years on OSI shards. I'm a bit rusty though from being away so long. I'd be glad to hook up with ya in game and have some friendly duels. Could point out some stuff to you and at the same time get back into pvp shape myself. You can catch me on MSN : [email protected]

The top of my tower is designed for dueling and I train there with new players quite a bit. If you're interested, we always welcome new people and it's all in good fun.

I can be reached by PM or at ICQ: 41537733.

Personally dueling is a good idea onc eu have a basic idea about pvp if u dont 9 out of 10 people will just own u and not fight u again, best way to do it is to fight a friend who either knows something or is at same skill level and once u are confident u wanna try harder get 2 mates to attack u that way u can practice field pvp i.e running pots disrupts
fighting 2 people is hard but its possible to win just gotta get really good at field pvp, dueling is fine...but majority of time u will get ganked so it snot that useful.
also listen to what most people post here for ideas i.e disrupting with clumsy or poison and watch out for some good class templates
mage med eval resist ana heal inscribe is a personal favourite