UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Lets bring Fishing back to Sosaria

Dacek420

Traveler
Just a Idea here if staff or other players might be interested..

Fishing tournament: Starting spot would be off of either moonglow or Skara brae.Whoever can catch the most MIBs in an allotted amount of time can win up to 200k+ in gold/prizes.
Each individual would have to launch their boats at same time in same area and clock will start when everyone gets on the water. Friends can fish with you but also you will need to watch out for pirates! PKs can go out and try to plunder booty as well from folk. However they can not launch in the same areas as the contestants can and will have to search in areas for players on the water like all other pirates do! This is just an Idea to possibly get fishing and other different events back into Ultima. This is the best event shard i have ever played and changing it up a bit now and then sounds pretty secksy if you ask me :p. I would like some input on something like this idea if anyone has time.

Thanks! Vin'Tour. GM Fisherman!

Maharajji

Sorceror
Would like to see more original ideas like this.

Hardest thing about these sort of events is, can the results be validated? Can people sneak MIBs in?

Can people come on multiple clients? Can EasyUO be utilized?

Does Sallos provide some advantage?

People in my maze event try to cheat w/ Sallos in various ways. Its easy to spot if I'm paying attention.

Sorry if I am nitpicky... I once tried to run a chess event on a giant chessboard (house rooftop) until I found out people could copy a computer AI's moves and be better than the best human chess player on the planet.

Also, if you want people to donate prizes for the event etc. you should elect yourself as the organizer and put in some hours.

"if you build it, they will come"

Dacek420

Traveler
I agree, we would have to snoop every player that entered to make sure they did not have MIB's on them or anything else like Nets etc. watch them launch the boats and take off..
The thing is (and you always got that one person)with a tournament like this, or Contest why would someone really want to cheat because its all in fun anyways, But there is always someone for the most part that has to cheat or atleast try to cheat.. I think that if there was a check point where you got snooped and your pack gone through at same area where boats were launched it would weed out anyone trying to cheat with extra MIBs..we would have to write names down to all that entered as well.. A nice fat check of 200k or split 100k and 100k in prizes to 1st place 100k to second place and 50k to third place would be a fair payout as well for an hours worth of work.. I would like to see staffs input on something like this. It just sounds like there are so many things that can be done to bring Fishing. PvE and other things back to Ultima online..

MoonWraith

Sorceror
Dacek420: Yes, they will cheat, regardless of the spirit of competition.

However, with a scripted staff run events and an event zone, it is possible to get this off the ground and really cool! Great idea!

Guidoglop

Wanderer
Would like to see more original ideas like this.

Hardest thing about these sort of events is, can the results be validated? Can people sneak MIBs in?
btw in your home sallos isn't use able seeing as you have new tiles on your floor and they register as walls on sallos

Can people come on multiple clients? Can EasyUO be utilized?

Does Sallos provide some advantage?

People in my maze event try to cheat w/ Sallos in various ways. Its easy to spot if I'm paying attention.

Sorry if I am nitpicky... I once tried to run a chess event on a giant chessboard (house rooftop) until I found out people could copy a computer AI's moves and be better than the best human chess player on the planet.

Also, if you want people to donate prizes for the event etc. you should elect yourself as the organizer and put in some hours.

"if you build it, they will come"

Samus Aran

Traveler
Just a Idea here if staff or other players might be interested..

Fishing tournament: Starting spot would be off of either moonglow or Skara brae.Whoever can catch the most MIBs in an allotted amount of time can win up to 200k+ in gold/prizes.
Each individual would have to launch their boats at same time in same area and clock will start when everyone gets on the water. Friends can fish with you but also you will need to watch out for pirates! PKs can go out and try to plunder booty as well from folk. However they can not launch in the same areas as the contestants can and will have to search in areas for players on the water like all other pirates do! This is just an Idea to possibly get fishing and other different events back into Ultima. This is the best event shard i have ever played and changing it up a bit now and then sounds pretty secksy if you ask me :p. I would like some input on something like this idea if anyone has time.

Thanks! Vin'Tour. GM Fisherman!

Count me in as one of the PK's who plunders booty! Any idea of when this event will take place?

pirates-of-virginian_o_3285971.jpg