UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Lowering Ping

fatchildren

Wanderer
Lowering Ping

Just wondering as i play from afar, and recieve 250+ ping, is there any program that I can use to lower my ping legally?

Or any little tweaks to my settings? This server and game is great, but the ping just makes it a bit hard to play on

N49ATV

Wanderer
Re: Lowering Ping

Ping is the time it takes to send a message where you want (in this case the server), and for the computer to recieve a message back from the server. So really you cant lower pings without getting faster internet

fatchildren

Wanderer

Thanks for the reply..

I was searching online, and came across Lowerping.com - will this work on UOgamers? and is it legal?

Yes it is legal.. and technically it could work.

"faster internet" does nothing for ping.. Going with an internet company that has better peering with UOG's ISP is what you're looking for.

I heard AOL is a beast with UOG.

AOL + UOG = People saying you speed hack.

trust me on this...

everyone go use your free 3 month of AOL discs now.

N49ATV

Wanderer

You mean the CD i got every month for like 6 years back in the 90s? When "You Got Mail" was cool?

In theory it would work. Its a paid service. Pretty much you connect to them, then ride thier pipelines to the server, in theory it could be faster. Try it

stop ganking and it wont be choppy =x

^^ Coming from a old school eq/ms player.... that one made me laugh... u guys can clown all u want.. lol

I kept telling my Australian friend to get windows 7, he lagged a lot before hand and after words he doesn't lag at all anymore, so if your running anything older, upgrade to windows 7 and try that. Thats a free solution you can try at least