UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

More SE stuff

tansor

Wanderer
I wonder if we'll be needing codes to get soulstones? Or they are only needed for getting one on OSI?

And maybe you can spawn some first new tamable dragons (Hiryu, if i'm not mistaken) ?:)

psz

Administrator
Soulstones (which are nearing completiong, IIRC) will be Donation items.

Lesser Hiryu are scripted, but not yet 100% done. Until they (and one or two other creatures) are, they won't be spawned.

(Reason being the other creatures are in the same area and make taming Hiryu MUCH more difficult because you're being attacked.)

Trivial

Sorceror
If thats possible, of course. I know u can do the top character of hte account, but not sure about first account on an i.p

tansor

Wanderer
psz said:
Soulstones (which are nearing completiong, IIRC) will be Donation items.

Lesser Hiryu are scripted, but not yet 100% done. Until they (and one or two other creatures) are, they won't be spawned.

(Reason being the other creatures are in the same area and make taming Hiryu MUCH more difficult because you're being attacked.)
Thanx for reply, admin.
Can you (or anyone else) explain me the concept of "donation item"? I guess I haven't met anything like this before on other shards (or maybe I have but I didn't know that it's called donation item).

And yes. lookin' forward to getting my hands on hiryu and lesser hiryu %)

A donation item is something that you must pay money towards the shard for... they should be priced for example a soulstone could be 30$ of REAL money you must donate to the shard through mail or the easiest way would be pay pal

tansor

Wanderer
Well, it's logical to "help" shard financially if you like playin' on it.

The only question why to buy licensed game with soulstone code (yeah, i'm not goin' to play on OSI, don't like crowds) for a free shard and then pay additionall money (I've already spent 70$)?

I remember in one topic psz told about some kind of possible protection for future versions of RunUO, that any hacked/beta versions of AoS/SE won't be able to login, but...

It's unclear how they'd be able to check your copy? During the install I didn't use any codes (i have one for creation account on OSI, one - for upgrading existing account, and one for claiming soulstone), so the game actually won't be any different if I let, for instance, my buddy to borrow it from me, right?

So, I don't mind donations, but in that case it would be more logical to spend those money on free shard, than paying for the game without any intensions of playing on OSI.

qweazdak

Wanderer
youre paying for all the new artwork and stuff like that when you buy the SE cd. You pay whatever amount of money per month to OSI if you play on their servers. However, if youre playing here, the staff only asks you to make a donation to help cover the costs of the server and you will be rewarded. Its not mandatory to donate, but its only nice enough to.

Palluk

Wanderer
tanSOr said:
Well, it's logical to "help" shard financially if you like playin' on it.

It's unclear how they'd be able to check your copy? During the install I didn't use any codes (i have one for creation account on OSI, one - for upgrading existing account, and one for claiming soulstone), so the game actually won't be any different if I let, for instance, my buddy to borrow it from me, right?

Good question.
Can you answer it psz? Please?

I am thinking about buying the UO SE, but some friends of mine don't have money for it...when i buy it, my wish is to let them install in their houses too. Is that wrong?
Is that illegal?

Thanks for the attention.

psz

Administrator
Of course it's illegal. You don't OWN SE. You own a LISCENSE TO USE the software on the CD (SE) on one computer (unless explicitly stated otherwise, for example, Norton Antivirus Pro, for use on 2 machines)

Icon

Wanderer
But OSI in the past has allowed/encourage the use of copying there uo software to others , IE use of buddy codes, where I could copy a disk give to friend and allow him to receive and 15 day game time code so he could see UO. And of course when OSI allowed downloading of AOS ISO in the past, if you think about it, it saves them money (they don’t have to supply the cd for the program/copy charge) but again the whole reason they do it is, for people to pay to play. Not for free shard's use.

Hk

psz

Administrator
I'm not discounting that. However, they only encourage it *TO BRING IN PAYING SUBSCRIBERS*. You still end up paying for the software (as well as the service).

Right now www.uo.com is offering 1 month free to PREVIOUS players, and a free download of AOS.

This ends November 29th. If you can't get UO (or are too cheap), get it there (til the 29th)